Stayed at the El Cid Granada because the rates were a little cheaper than at the other El Cid hotels because there were 5 of us travelling and budget was a little tight. Do not regret it at all!!!! We had 3 children with us ranging from age 5 to 19 and were given adjoining rooms near the front of the hotel. On Saturday night it was somewhat noisy from the Senor Frogs disco across the street and couldn't sleep so when we mentioned it to the front desk they gave us a choice of other rooms(let us check them out first) and moved us to a sutie farther away where it was quiet. Everyday we had walked across the skywalk to the larger hotel complex and would spend most of our day by the pool or on the beach. Then later in the afternoon when we had all had enough it was really nice to go back to our quiet hotel and swim and sit by the pool. Also the pool at the Granada is kept a lot warmer than the other pools (I think because it is generally a little older crowd staying at the Granada). The food was great at all the a la'carte restaurants, but I would skip the buffets as they were not very good. The Granada is a lot smaller but quieter and the staff couldn't have been better. On the day of our departure our flight was to leave earlier than planned and so our shuttle got bumped up. The front desk staff called our rooms but we were not in them, but because they knew who we were by name as soon as we walked through the lobby that morning they stopped us to let us know(don't think that would have happened at the larger hotel). The Granada's restaurant, El Patio, was one of the best and ate there a couple of times. We had the most amazing waiter ever! His name was Ricardo and he was an amazingly good and made sure our evening was just perfect, right from suggestions to cutting our 5 year olds steak for him. I have never had better service anywhere in life!! The rooms were quite spacious, but in some need of updating. Everything was always very clean, right from the rooms to the hallways to the public washrooms. Everywhere you went they were always, always cleaning. If you are young and want to be where the action is or are terribly picky about your rooms then this is not the place for you - I would recommend staying at the Castilla. But if you are just there to relax and actually sleep at night then this might be for you. The only compaint about the whole experience was the aggressive vendors on the beach in front of the El Cid, it made it almost impossible to relax when you went down to the beach as every 2 minutes someone was coming by your chair trying to peddle something. Overall we had an awesome time and would definately go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the beauty, warmth and tranquility of Mazatlan and experience "Real Mexico" at our welcoming El Cid Granada Country Club. This intimate Mexican-style retreat offers the idyllic blend of pleasure and relaxation making it the ideal hideaway in the heart of the convenient and highly popular Golden Zone.Only steps away from world-class golf, spa and tennis facilities along with the sun-splashed restaurants, beach, and pools of El Cid Castilla Beach, just a stroll away. • Ideal for seniors and guests seeking solitude • Secluded area for relaxing, reading and sunbathing • Garden courtyard swimming pool • Easy access to El Cid Castilla Beach facilities and beach via sky bridge • In walking distance from El Cid Golf and Country Club offering golf, tennis, spa, and fitness center and access to restaurants, including the Prime Grill restaurant, Sushi Bar and Villa Italia. • European & All-Inclusive Plans • Inviting El Patio restaurant serving delicious Argentinean cuisine • WIFI Internet Access • Pronatours Tour Desk at nearby El Cid hotels • Only 18 miles from Mazatlan Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your El Cid Granada Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Cid Granada Country Club Hotel Mazatlan
- El Cid Granada Country Hotel