“Great trip with family”

Ranked #9 of 79 Hotels in Mazatlan
Red Deer
“Great trip with family”
Reviewed 10 April 2011

This is my third trip to the Inn and as always the staff and service are next to none. First, the food is great. If you are looking for a good bite try the greek salad. I know greek salad in mexico? You will thank me for it is to die for. Second, the drinks. They are well poured and just to your liking. I have gone to the bar and asked for what we watnted and if it's not to our liking it is corrected no charge. Third the view and site apperance. Right on the beach and view to die for. I talk about going else where but between my son and wife the talk is not where to go but where else to go as well as Mazatlan. Simply put its a great place and is over hyped with the bad press. People are great, service fine, and the Inn while not perfect like every where else is a great place to go.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank clintw9000

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Valparaiso, Indiana
Reviewed 23 February 2011

Nice place and good location. A lot of elderly retired people. Great Happy Hour, decent food at the restaurant. Two nice pools and very nice people at the Inn. Would recommend Mary's across the street for breakfast. Stone Island was a huge disappointment, not like pictures on internet at all. Shacks! Panama Bakery is a must stop. Not quite like I imagined from research and sorry would not go back to Mazatlan. If you do stay here I would suggest the older part not the new tower, closer to the ocean, better views. Although it had older furniture the view was worth it. We had a 6th floor balcony with a view of the ocean, pools and grounds. Weather could have been warmer in the mornings wore a sweat shirt along with many of the other guests. Don't get me wrong, lots of guests just love Mazatlan, just not us. We have traveled to several resorts in Mexico and would prefer another location.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Happytrips49
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 February 2011

We have friends that own here and so we have spent an afternoon near the pool with them in the past and enjoyed our time there. So this trip we decided to add some days onto our trip and start our at this hotel and give it a try. We were a group of seven people, asked for a suite to fit all of us and they could not accmodate us. We ended us getting two rooms and made the reservations thru Expedia as the rates were considerably lower this way. Well that might have been a mistake as in advance I emailed the hotel and made a couple simple requests due to our group of travelers and the email response from the hotel was quick but not very accmodating. My requests were for a larger room for all of us to be together or adjoining rooms they could not help us with either of these. I also requested a room on ground floor or with elevator access as stairs are difficult for one person in our group. This request was also not accomodated. We were in the older section of the hotel on the second floor with only stair access. The access door was to the left just past the gift shop and across from the spa on the second floor. The rooms were very small and our dated, but that did not bother us too much as we are not there to sit in the room. The bathroom however was so small it was crazy! The bathroom had a small louvered window opening into the outside cooridor where people pass by the room, this was very loud at times during the night as it would echo. The pools were fine. The hot tub was very shallow and not hot at all. We did let a maintenance gut know this and he said they needed to add water and would get the heat turned up. Nothing was done about it that we could see. We enjoyed the waiters by the pool as they were playful and looked like the enjoyed what they do. Breakfast was ok, and nacho/snacks by the pool were good. Beverages were flowing!

If loacation is what a person is really looking for this might be the place, if not then there are other place that offer services where they will try to accomodate your requests. It was unfortunate that we really felt like a bother to them rather then feeling like they were happy we were there as guests.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank harleytravels
Lehi, Utah
Reviewed 4 February 2011

The location is great; close to the beach and easy and fast to get from the beach/pool to your room and back. Service was just right; not too pushy on the promotions but they do hit you up. After the first day they left us alone. The rooms are clean and all have beautiful ocean views. Restaurant- Papagayo's, is very good and reasonably priced. Pool service was good and they did not mind us bringing our own drinks. Overall a very good experience. Would defintely go back.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Jeff S
Orange County
Reviewed 2 January 2011

The toilet needed fixing. The drains didn't drain. The hot tub was only lukewarm. The internet was deathly slow most of the day, despite being charged for. And the coup de gras: At about 5am on our last night, hot water started gushing from below the kitchen sink. We called the operator, and after ten minutes of gallons of water pouring out into the kitchen/living room area, they showed up to shut off the water.

And then left.

That's right. Leaving 600 square feet of standing water behind, not cleaning it up or sending anyone else to clean it up. "You're welcome!"

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
6 Thank ScrappyK
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 15 December 2010

We have been to Mazatlan several times (5+) and this was our first time at this hotel. It will also be our last. We did a walk-thru of the hotel when we were last in Mazatlan and the rooms we saw were very nice and clean, but of course you can only see surface things in a quick walk thru. Overall I will say that the staff are great - very friendly, helpful and their English is very good. But our room (rooms) were terrible. In our first room (ground floor with amazing patio just steps from the pool) our shower door didn't close at all and we had to prop the door shut so water wouldn't go all over floor. Then on night 4, we were awoken at 5:30am by an ant infestation on our bed/nighttable/ceiling/headboard/floor. We thought there was a fly in the room, but after feeling it tickle under the covers, we turned on the light and pulled back sheet/blankets: ANTS EVERYWHERE. After going to front desk, we waited back in our room in our nightclothes for at least 25 minutes for someone to come check things out. Had to ask for another room, and since ants were all over our open suitcase, had to ask for them to launder some clothes too. They were going to just spray Raid all over and leave us there...in second room, it took at least 15 minutes of running the shower taps to get hot water and then adjust it to a comfortable temp. And neither of the rooms had a working air conditioner. We asked about it and we told that the air conditioning was shut off because it's winter. The waterfall at the pool and the power generator outside both run all night and are very noisy. Fully expecting some sort of compensation for the bug fiasco, we waited for a manager or someone to speak to us about it. Nothing. On the day of our checkout, the desk manager agreed to pay for our breakfast from that morning, and only because we specifically asked to speak to him. You would think that with tourism hurting so much in Mexico, a hotel would do all that they could to ensure their guests leave happy. Especially guests that frequent their city once or twice a year. This was certainly not our experience at the Inn at Mazatlan.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank EdmontonianinMzt
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed 30 November 2010

I expected a room in one of the towers with elevator service. I was put in a room with two flights of stairs to access. Since I am elderly and overweight this was a burden onme. But I survived this problem with much sweating. The room did not have room darkening or sound reducing so sleep was a little bad as I could hear the ocean all night. I asked for someone to bring my bags out when I was leaving but noone showed and I had to carry them myself down the stairs. But, on the good side, it is a beautiful hotel within it's grounds. The staff was accomadating in the lobby (once I got there). The food in the restaurant was good but not fabulous. I found a nice restaurant and bar nearby called Gus Gus. Internet access was intolerable. I could see a neighboring hotel internet strength much better than here. I have no objection to staying here again now that I have some knowledge of the hotel. However, I will check out some other locations for comparison.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple