“Delicious!”

Ranked #76 of 445 Restaurants in Mazatlan
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: Indian, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Mazatlans FIRST & ONLY restaurant featuring authentic East Indian cuisine as well as Caribbean & Mediterranean dishes. Bringing new flavours & spice to the city!
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Morenas is a tiny spot off the plaza machado with big taste! Complimentary homemade chips and salsa served while drinks being made. We tried a vegetarian and a ground beef samosa with a mint salsa. Both were tasty however we leaned more favorably to the veg one. They offer a variety of dishes from different parts of the world with a Caribbean chicken curry with the traditional rice and peas. Representing India, one of the tastiest butter chicken plates I've had!(believe me I'm a seriousness Indian food lover). They offer a beef souvlaki with a Greek salad and many more dishes like Thai shrimp, Australian hamburger, seafood platters.
After dinner was consumed as we sat back with our stomachs content, Chef Courtney greeted us to personally ask us if all was good. She's a young, charismatic woman with a great cooking foundation in her short 25 years of life, giving her father credit for her "real" cooking skills rather than the culinary school she attended in Montreal!
If you like good food then move away from the "typical" tourist restaurants in the plaza machado and treat yourself you whatever country appeals to you that evening. You won't be disappointed! Yay for us in Mazatlan who get one more owner/chef restaurant to enjoy a bounty of deliciousness!! I'll be back !

4  Thank Durable

Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

The journey started with pulmonia ride to find the place. Once we found it this hole in the wall was alive with many customer. This was a large party coming to feast on lamb curry. The welcoming committee witch was made up of regulars to this watering hole. Made us feel right at home they even showed us to the last table left. The energie was electrifying the decore was modest but the smells coming from the kitchen were intoxicating. The menu arrived and it was printed on a single sheet of paper. So if you are looking for an extensive menu this is not the place. It is simple but well appointed. We had samosas different but tasty. My wife salt and pepper sea food very original. I had the thai shrimp curry it was delicious. I highly recommend this little restaurant off of Plaza Machado.

1  Thank Don D
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Unlike some of the larger, more touristy restaurants around the Plaza Muchado, this place is small and intimate, and from our multiple visits here, it really offers a more rewarding dining experience.

Upon entering you will probably be greeted by the owner Courtney, who's smile could light up any room. It's obvious that she wants you to really enjoy your meal and will go out of her way to make that happen. As a vegetarian I didn't see many options that I could choose from, however Courtney quickly offered to create special dishes for me. I chose one of her amazing Indian curries and I am so glad I did. The flavors were rich, yet true and each mouthful presented a real reward for my taste buds. The other members of our party enjoyed the shrimp curries and samosas just as much.

The house wines and beers are offered here at really fair prices which allows you to enjoy an amazing dinner without the wallet hurting.

So if you are heading to the Centro Historico make sure you know how to find Morenas. You will be very glad you did. Enjoy!!

1  Thank Michael F
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

First things first, Amazing food!! As well as great service, large drink selection, super comfortable and welcoming atmosphere along with great music. Usually you'll find them playing reggae or some sexy latin music, but they'll accommodate to your liking. Back to the food, your tastebuds will love you after your first bite at Morena's. Many authentic dishes from all around the world from India to Jamaica and in between. Definitely a place to check out in Maz!!

1  Thank JordanKarnell
Reviewed 7 February 2014

The restaurant is not very big, but the servings are huge. Two of us had a marinated fish dish that was absolutely fantastic. Every bite was a treat -- a bit of heat to it but nothing that couldn't be handled. The taste can't be described -- kind of a fusion of East Indian and Jamaican. My friend had a curry chicken dish that was 'melt in your mouth.' and my husband had a hamburger that was incredibly unique and quite beyond his capacity to eat. And the french fries were the best we had in Mazatlan -- homemade wedge fries. For the four dishes (and we had to pack some up to take home), an ice tea and two glasses of wine, our total bill was 600 pesos. We kept checking the bill because we thought the waiter might have missed charging us for something, but not so -- it was just a really good deal. This isn't a fast-food place so expect to relax and take your time because everything is cooked fresh to your order. Wwill definitely go back

1  Thank Debbie W