“Who knew about the mashed potatoes?”
Review of The Blue Shrimp

The Blue Shrimp
Ranked #51 of 1,033 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Price range: US$24 - US$24
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Blue Shrimp Restaurant in Puerto Vallarta is the best seafood restaurant in the area, long time established. Situated off Olas Altas Beach, on the ocean with spectacular daily view of the sunset, The Blue Shrimp Restaurant is a fun atmosphere with occasional live entertainment, under a large palapa roof and ‘boat-deck’ feel. Open for lunch and dinner, The Blue Shrimp Restaurant serves mouth-watering seafood and shrimp concoctions that you cannot find anywhere else! The restaurant is a great place to bring the family, celebrate a birthday, romantic dinner, or special event. Come sit down with us, right at the end of the Malecon and feel the breeze of the Banderas Bay, it’s Shrimply The Best!
Springfield, Missouri
“Who knew about the mashed potatoes?”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Who knew I needed to go all the way to Mexico to have the best mashed potatoes I've ever had in a restaurant. My husband and I both ordered the filet and shrimp - served with mashed potatoes and steamed veggies. It was delicious in every way. He had the cranberry flavored shrimps and I had the local favorite, I can't remember what it was called. it was all good. The setting is fabulous, we were there at sunset. There was live music, obviously geared to tourists....it wasn't great, but it was entertainment.

• Visited June 2014

Lago Vista, Texas
“Always good”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The Blue Shrimp is always a good choice for a sunset meal. We had the Coconut Shrimp served on a large plate with a half of a coconut with a dipping sauce in it. The shrimp were delicious but almost too much. Had to take some of the shrimp home for breakfast. The setting is always good for people watching. It will take a lot to get this one off our preferred list, an annual favorite.

Vancouver
“Our favorite restaurant in PV”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We've been to the Blue Shrimp numerous times and have always enjoyed it. Beautiful setting, good food, attentive service. Have narrowed down to our favorite dish being the garlic shrimp.

The only thing we wish they would change is the green sauce that accompanies their excellent coconut shrimp. It is way too tasteless. Something with a citrus zing such as pineapple or mango would be a better match with the shrimp.

But that small gripe wil not deter us from returning several times next trip.

Summit, New Jersey
“Good food by the sea”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My wife and I stopped here for lunch. The food was very good and the service was great too. A nice, cozy spot to chill out, relax and enjoy a good meal just feet away from the ocean. Definitely recommendable!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank MH-WWT
Columbus, Ohio
“Nice place to spend the day on the beach!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My sister and I spent a nice day on the beach at the Blue Shrimp. They have decent lounge chairs and umbrellas you can use if you buy their food and beverages. The service was good and we had the most delicious shrimp tacos pastor style that I have ever had! They have nice clean bathrooms and the whole day was about $60 dollars for the two of us. We each had lunch plenty of bottled water and a few cocktails and beers each. I felt like it was not bad for what we got.
I have also had dinner here in the past and it was pretty good. I enjoyed the salad bar they had with dinner. It isn't the cheapest, but it has a nice atmosphere and is in a great place on the beach.