“Wonderful Vegetarian Spot in PV”

Planeta Vegetariano
Ranked #22 of 1,127 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Must stop Brunch spot, all vegetarian menu features so many wonderful traditional Mexican dishes done extremely well in a super cute space. Don't miss their fresh made green juice it is incredible! Great lunch spot as well. I always recommend a stop at this restaurant to all of my friends and family that are visiting PV.

2  Thank Flylikeamoth

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Liked it , didn't love . Too much soy products for me . Loved the pumpkin seed albondigas soup ! Would return for lunch , though hope they could get more inventive with vegan cuisine outside of soy . PS I am not a vegan - just enjoy meatless meals on occasion !

1  Thank creativetravelor
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I am so grateful for this place! I've been to PV a number of times, and I always eat here at least twice while I'm visiting. They have a wonderful variety of food and it changes each day, so there is always something new to try. They usually have some kind of tea or fruit drink that is yummy as well. I was told their homemade bread was delicious, but I can't eat gluten. The service is buffet style, so you can look at the dishes and help yourself to what you want, for one low price. The setting is casual.

Since I have a lot of food allergies and sensitivities, I have to be careful about where I eat. I carry a list with me, and at Planeta Vegetariano, I just showed it to them and asked them to point out which dishes had foods in them that were on my list. I could eat many of their dishes, the main exceptions being the ones that had dairy and tomatoes in them. I certainly never went away hungry!

They are open daily from 8 am to 10 pm and are located just north and above the cathedral, up the stairway on Iturbide.

1  Thank jayteehu
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Our last trip to PV (six years ago), this place had been a lifesaver for us vegetarians. This time, we found many other places that served us excellent vegetarian food, but I am happy to report that Planeta Vegetariano remains one of the best options for hungry vegetarians. The food is absolutely "pure" and it tastes wonderful. The service is very friendly as well. Everything is served as a buffet, and the attendants are there to take care of any special requests.

1  Thank Pankaj S
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This cheerful place offers a great selection of vegan and vegetarian food, buffet style! We had several homemade salads with the greatest sunflower wheat bread, kabobs, pumpkin seed 'meatball' soup, curried veg and chilled oat milk. Friendly and relaxed place for a healthy vegetarian meal.