“Great entertaining atmosphere and meal!”
Review of Teatro Limon

Teatro Limon
Price range: US$55 - US$85
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Teatro Limón is Puerto Vallarta's finest interactive dining experience. Sit back and enjoy a relaxing meal or take part in the creation and enjoyment of a gourmet meal designed by (or with) talented Canadian Chef, Bruce Byng. You find no boring fixed menu here, Teatro Limon's innovative plates constantly changing. And while Bruce continually strives to come up with exciting new approaches to beloved classics, he is unwavering in his insistence on premium quality and absolute freshness. Be as involved as you want. Or, Opt to sit back and soak in the good things that come to you in the cheery torch-lit terrace under the stars. Or, make yourself comfortable in the open kitchen and be part of the action. Every cocktail imaginable comes out of the fully stocked bar just the way you like it and wine pairings are suggested, with several vintages available by the glass. All in all, an evening at Teatro Limón is an unforgettable and yes, somewhat theatrical experience, ideal for sharing with family, a group of friends or that special someone. Teatro Limon is located in the heart of Old town on Basilio badillo 229 on the upper level of Cocco's Market Bistro Cafe
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We were treated to a dinner at Teatro Limon by friends. The owners Bruce and Julia were very attentive. 3 of our party had Rib eye that was fork tender, cooked to perfection. I had leg of lamb that was great. There were chef's in training on site and Bruce displayed and explained all he was preparing. We had a cocount shrimp that was like nothing I have ever experienced. A step on Bruce's part into Molecular cooking, best I have ever had for coconut shrimp. There were many course, salad, soup, entree and dessert.
The atmosphere is also unique as it is interactive, per say, you watch, partake in and enjoy your dinner. A wonderful meal , entertainment and fun time was had by all. Though there is no ocean view the preparation of your food, the participation in making your meal and all make for a unique experience.
This is great for a special occasion, etc. , pricey but well worth it.

2  Thank bezerk

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Another great meal. Showed up, were greeted warmly and shown to a table. We requested a white wine and were presented with a very nice glass. My wife and I had the 5 course meal. The meal was excellent, one the best we've ever had. Bruce invited us into the kitchen to watch some of the preparation. During the meal he sat with us and chatted over some wine. I did not know he was from Balgonie, which is close to where I am from. The food was all excellent as was the wine. We started with a soup that I could have licked the bowl. It was followed by cucumber salad (pictured), a very nice Mexican appetizer by one of his young chefs, two very large chops and a decadent chocolate dessert. The cost is very much worth it, and if you sit down and work it out, its not much more than a visit to Barcelona Tapas, and the food and wine are much better than any other restaurant I've been to in PV. I've been coming down to PV twice a year for 15 years now. Cheers Bruce!, and sorry it took so long to write this review.

2  Thank dszakacs
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Fixed price dinner with selections for all tastes. All of the food offered was delicious. From the two soups given to alternating diners, to the salad, the small servings of crab, the main courses and dessert all were fantastic.
Excellent wine selection.
A lovely restaurant for a special occasion

1  Thank gmtravellers
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

The environment was awesome and the service was great. Two of the five courses were fabulous, two were okay and one was poor. Unfortunately the poor one was the main course where I had extremely fatty lamb. it was frustrating to watch people to table next to us enjoying the ribeye while I had to wrestle with the bison. For those high prices they should've at least give us an option for a fish or meat dish. This is a one and done for me.

12  Thank Hobro3
Reviewed 11 February 2014

This is a hidden gem in Puerto Vallarta. Out of the way and hard to find indeed. Also not for the budget conscious. Located off the beaten path, a short cab ride from the Marina and Hotel Zone, Teatro Limon is unlike any restaurant you will find in Mexico or North America. It is like visiting the home of a friend in Puerto Vallarta and having a five-star gourmet meal cooked right in front of you. Bruce, the friendly Canadian expat owner and his equally hospitable British wife and staff, treat you like family. There is no menu, but Bruce will sit down with you once you arrive and ask you what kind of food you like and what you do not like. First, we were served a tomato bisque soap, followed by a house salad with fruit. Next, we had a succulent duck appetizer that was almost like a prosciutto, totally delicious. I had one of the most delicious, enormous rib-eye steaks ever. My partner had huge, prawn-like shrimp. Both entrees had a great potato au gratin. For dessert, the owners wife made a home-made tiramisu and lemon tart with fresh berries and a small cup of Belgian chocolate that we scooped up with a special spoon. We are not wine drinkers so we did not have any wine, but our cocktails were nice Overall, this is a highly recommended place for people who appreciate great specialty dining.

2  Thank NYCACAPULCOFAN