“Drinks pricey but a great club.”
Review of Rio Latino

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Rio Latino
Carol Stream, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Drinks pricey but a great club.”
Reviewed 23 August 2008

I went to this club on August 15, 2008. It's located in the Plaza Peninsula across the street from the Walmart in Puerto Vallarta. Seems to be like more locals come here than tourists. Locals invited me to go to the club with them so I went and had a great time.

I went on a Friday night so they had a life band. Cover was $10. Duranguense band played for about 20 minutes. They there was a DJ playing for about half hour. Played all types of music. Reggaeton, Cumbia, Salsa, dance music, etc. Basically all the popular music. Then another live band played for another 20 minutes. They were a Cuban band and played Salsa and Merengue. Then it went back to the DJ again. Seems like they kept having live bands come for 20-30 minute sets then the DJ for about an hour and would keep switching the too.

It was a great atmosphere. Lots of people in the club. Club is two floors so that was nice. Drinks kind of pricey. Long Islands and Tequila Sunrise were around $10 a piece. After we found that out we decided to get the $30 buckets of Corona instead. They included 10 coronas in the bucket and it only cost $30 so we thought that was a better deal. I would recommend this club to anyone who loves latin music and is looking to have a good time.

1 Thank Puertovallartarules