“A place of beauty, inspiration, and comfort--a true retreat!”
Review of Hacienda Mosaico

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hacienda Mosaico
Reviewed 25 January 2010

I just finished a 5 day workshop at Hacienda Mosaico! A fabulous experience! I highly recommend this place for its artist retreat & workshop offerings and also as a deliciously beautiful place to just BE and hang out. Conveniently located in a neighborhood, away from tourist traffic. Easy cab or bus ride to restaurants, beach, shopping, etc. SAM (Sandra Leonard) is a responsive host in making arrangements and answering questions before you arrive. Her hospitality, and that of her staff, is generous and warm while you're there.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 March 2009

I’ve stayed at Hacienda Mosaico twice, both times for weeklong artist workshops. They were 2 of most pleasant vacations of my adult life. Hacienda Mosaico is a lovely Bed & Breakfast with all the amenities one expects. The artist workshops are a joy from the perspective that the grounds provide a wonderful setting for creativity. Breakfast & lunch are provided by the Hacienda’s chef, each meal a gourmand’s delight. The workspace is in a covered area surrounded by the lovely tropical garden. The mosaics for which the Hacienda is named are tastefully arranged in harmony with the garden, walls, and arched doorways. I understand Hacienda Mosaico is also available for nightly or weekly vacationers. The Hacienda’s proprietor, Sandra “Sam” Leonard, is an impeccable host and can advise you on all details of your stay. Puerto Vallarta is a 10 or 15 minute taxi ride and a very enjoyable place to stroll the Malecon and spend the evening. The water system is one of the best and we have never had to worry about tourista. The art walk starting at 6:00 on Wednesday evening is delightful and not to be missed.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2009

I have just returned from a 7day stay at the Hacienda Mosaico and I loved it SO MUCH I am taking my husband there in April for our anniversary. I stayed at Hacienda Mosaico for the purpose of taking a jewellery workshop with a favorite teacher of mine. The teacher and the students were so inspired by the color, creativity and natural beauty of our surroundings. The Hacienda is an airy, colorful and secluded setting. There is flora, art and even a resident iguana. The hostess, Sandra (Sam) Leonard welcomed us with a margarita and was available at all times during our stay for a friendly chat or to answer any questions we had about the local customs and culture, and assisted us with restaurant choices and transportation requests. The food at Hacienda was fabulous - we were served a variety of local foods for both breakfasts and lunches during the workshop, deliciously and healthily prepared by the Hacienda chef . For dinner, you could dine well and reasonably priced close to Hacienda or if you are in the mood for a wonderful walk or a short cab ride, there are many yummy and lovely restaurants, all very reasonably priced. The rooms were beautifully and creatively decorated, spacious and comfortable, each with private bathroom facilities, and kept spotlessly clean by the staff. If you are looking for somewhere fun and unusual to stay, I would not hesitate to recommend the Hacienda Mosaico!

1  Thank steflond
Reviewed 18 January 2009

Wonderful hospitality from Sam and her staff for a great week of vacation and workshop. I especially liked being away from the tourist area and loved having the studio to work in. Look forward to returning to try another week perhaps to do another type of art.

Reviewed 16 January 2009

I have just returned from a 9 day stay at the Hacienda Mosaico and I can't wait to go back. I went there with a friend for the purpose of taking a jewellery workshop and we were so inspired by the colour and beauty of our surroundings. The Hacienda is filled with unique artwork of every description, not just the beautiful mosaics for which it is named, although there are plenty of examples of those to be found. The hostess, Sandra (Sam) Leonard welcomed us with a margarita and was available at all times during our stay for a friendly chat or to answer any questions we had about the local customs and culture, and assisted us with restaurant choices and transportation requests. The food was fabulous - we were served a variety of local foods for both breakfasts and lunches during the workshop, deliciously prepared by the Hacienda chef and there are a number of tasty eateries within walking distance or a short taxi ride away, all very reasonably priced. The rooms were beautifully decorated, spacious and comfortable, each with private bathroom facilities, and kept spotlessly clean by the staff. If you are looking for somewhere fun and unusual to stay, I would not hesitate to recommend the Hacienda Mosaico!

Reviewed 4 September 2008

My favorite kind of vacation is to combine a beautiful venue with LEARNING something. I have taken glass bead classes in Italy and the south of France, glass workshops in Barcelona and Turkey; and several workshops at the Hacienda Mosaico in Puerto Vallarta. This is a beautiful and serene property with a fabulous host (Sandra Leonard) - filled with art and, yes, mosaics, many created by the owner. Staying at the Hacienda is like walking into a breathing piece of art. I took a glass in mosaic sculpture. We had wonderful lunches prepared by the chef and swam in the pool during siesta. A handful of very good local restaurants are a few doors away. For a vacation with a difference, I highly recommend the Hacienda Mosaico.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled solo