All reviewstime sharebooked villaone bedroom suitepools and hot tubshospitality roomfull kitchenupon checkchecking inthird floorwater aerobicsno graciasactivities staffmexican fiestaclose to the airportspring breakalfredoall inclusive package
Reviewed 29 April 2017

While the rooms were updated and comfortable; the upkeep needs improvement. Landscaping was nice and beautiful; they even have an herb garden. The beach itself was wonderful, the hawkers were super overwhelming and non-stop. We found ourselves saying "no, thank you" over and over, regardless of us trying to relax or not. You have to be stern and let them know you mean "no"! Beware of the hustlers, we met some and ended up being so scared for our last few days. We kept noticing suspicious things around the resort and it was extremely scary. Good luck!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank suzz23
Reviewed 24 April 2017

We just returned from a week vacation at Villa del mar. The staff is fantastic! The food was amazing! Beach is gorgeous, you can walk forever either way! The only complaint I would have is the lack of night life and having to sign every bill even though you are all inclusive. I get why others would have to but the bracelet should be adequate for all inclusive.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kimberliemc2013
Reviewed 12 April 2017

We stayed at Villa Del Mar for three days of the first part of our month long trip in PV and Sayulita Mexico. We had dentist appointments so thought why not stay at a nice hotel and relax. Get some pampering!
So let me start by saying the one great thing about this resort is the restaurant where breakfast is served it was wonderful each morning. Service was great and the staff went above and beyond to help. BUT the rest of our stay was awful, first the check in took at least an hour or more. We were tired and came in about 7pm and just wanted to check in and go and rest before dinner...NOT so, Once you check in they then take you to the side and try to sell you a time share, you can not get out of this!!! I begged them to let me go and rest as we had been up since 4:30am that day. It seems so rude to me and almost like we got you now so sit here and listen. I finally laid my head on the desk and refused to listen. BUT then because of that no one helped us with our luggage to our suite..We dragged them around looking for the building. It was starting to get dark and there is very limited light in the resort. THEN we arrive to our suite and right outside the door is the pool pump and filter system OMG! I had asked for a quiet area of the hotel when we were in the check out line for over an hour..SO back to the front desk where I feel bad but snuck in the line as I was so tired. They have no separate lines for questions or concerns just one big line for check in and check out. Anyway, back to the same person waving my key and begged for a quieter room. He moved us unhappily to the second floor of Building A with the noisy alley..At this point we thought what the heck and just settled in! The next morning and each morning after I was not given my pack of coffee and had to go and ask the maids who had to hide it in a pillow case and pass it to me!!! Also, the pool chairs always had people holding them with towels early in the am, even though the signs clearly say no holding chairs! The towels were never removed and people could go eat etc and come back which meant no one else even had a chance to obtain a chair! Upon checking out you cannot leave unless you have a pass to check out. AGAIN another 1.5 hour standing in line to check out for a two minute hand the keys over and a print out of the hotel receipt! This place was not for me! We will never go back.. I must say my little Casita in Sayulita for 80.00 a day with my own pool was a dream compared to this!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
7  Thank JayKamloops
Reviewed 9 April 2017

We got an all-inclusive junior suite and were overall pleased with the package. This is the first time we did an all-inclusive and we were definitely spoiled by the level of service and quality of food & beverages. The extra that we paid for the all-inclusive paid for itself given the amount of food and drinks we consumed! Each restaurant served superb food and the wait staff was very friendly and attentive. The service at the beach was just as good and the waiters (especially Francisco) were always ready to keep your beverages filled. We did notice that the wait staff really encouraged alcoholic drinks, from mimosas with breakfast to cocktails at dinner. Since the tips are included in the all-inclusive package, you didn't have to tip unless you wanted to. I suspect they may be incented to up the value of the meal, even though you're not paying for it, because they get their tip based on the overall value?
We were assigned a room (#201) that had a partial view of the pool area and was located next to a service area. At 4:00 in the morning we heard garbage cans being empty and talking, so we requested another room. We got a room that was a little smaller in size, but had a better view, so we were OK with that. The rooms were a little dated (tube TV's), but very clean and included a small equipped kitchen area and a dining table & 2 chairs . The grounds were immaculate and the landscaping was beautiful. On our balcony in the morning, you could see the groundskeepers meticulously taking care of everything in sight. All of the staff we encountered were friendly and ready to help. After check-in, we were given an orientation of the hotel, it's amenities, and what to do in Puerto Vallarta. I'd definitely recommend this hotel and would come back for additional visits.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that back-up to service areas. They get loud early in the morning.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DFW_Happy_Travelers
Reviewed 6 April 2017

The one bedroom suite is nice with 2 bathrooms however the air conditioner on the balcony is very noisy and there are larger units on top of the buildings that sound like an airplane. Delivery trucks start deliveries at 7 a.m. so you hear noise from them early. The staff is super nice and work super hard. Everything is very clean and the facility is kept up.

Room Tip: Pick a room in the middle and top of the buildings. Nothing on first floor as you will hear more noise early from the delivery trucks.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family