“Be warned, they will cheat you of a refund in you cancel.”
Review of Boana Torre Malibu

Boana Torre Malibu
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I rented room 801 for 12/26-1/2/2014 nine months ago and paid in full. I canceled the reservation five months ago and the refund is contingent upon renting the room. By recently having friends send room availability inquiry emails, I found they have not been listing #801 as available for those dates. I contacted them regarding this practice and they claimed it was due to the dates in the request. Today I had a friend send a request for rooms available "anytime between 12/24/24 and 1/4/14" and they did not list #801 again. They responded with the same 4 rooms as in prior requests.

They should be ashamed of trying to cheat someone who has given them business in good faith and had the responsibility to pay their bills in full. My friends recommended this place to me, but unfortunately I must say be warned. They lied twice already to me.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kurt B

Reviewed 6 November 2013

So terriblily treated by the Casa Benito we moved at a sprint to the main building. ... better room, great price (considering the reason is should have been!!!) Paid in full but didn't stay the full duration. No reimbursement. No apologies.
I travel a LOT and will NEVER return to PV due to the royal treatment(s) I witnessed and went through at the Torre Malibu and the Casa Benito.
Although TripAdvisor doesn't accept personal or business reviews. I can guarantee and even prove by e-mails attempting a resolution that this review is not 'fake.'
The 'experience' ended up being made entirely personal, abusive, dismissive and un-business-like beyond belief!!! Right to the end where they didn't take 'ownership' of their own management and pointed fingers at anyone but their mismanagement, rather the condo owners and me for not even reimbursing money (or at the very least giving a voucher again breaking their own word) for a prepaid room. Thus, in my humble opinion, invalidates the entire reason for the management, hmmm I wonder who ended up with my money??? Certainly wasn't me apparently the actual condo owner wasn't renting it out.
Move was so quck from from the Casa Benito the wheels on my luggage broke off. We were making him "uncomfortable", quite a thing to say to a paying guest. What he said later, doesn't have anything to do with our stay but for a purportably 'gay' establishment he sure could have used more kinder words, or better not say anything at all. As to his thoughts on the dietary needs of 'anglos', well..., enough said.
If I could rate this BELOW TERRIBLE!!! I would.

• Stayed: January 2013
5  Thank Independant_artist
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I have been in Puerto Vallarta 9 times, the last 3 at Torre Malibu. The value is amazing. Never again will I stay in a run down PV hotel in the old district. For only approximately $20 more per night you get your own condo, overlooking the ocean complete with 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen, cable TV and Wi-Fi included. You can go online and view each condo and select the one you like. You will see on the website (boana.net) that some condos are more modern than others. The pool area is amazing and never a hard time finding a spot. The building is very secure and the staff are very approachable. I would highly recommend this place if you are gay or at least gay friendly.

Room Tip: View the condos online first and you can see what they look like, prices etc before you commit.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank YYZviajante
Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

The Boana Torre is the ideal location for those who want to be close to the gay beach in PV. Yes, the suites could use a little updating but you can see pics of all the units before you choose. Stay on 6 or higher for the amazing views of Banderas Bay. Nothing like sitting on your patio watching the whales frollic! If you can splurge a little, go for unit 902. Internet access is spotty and the units do not come with any basic necessities such a sugar, coffee, etc but there is a small store nearby. (Try the guacamole!)

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank ordianryguy
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I Stayed on the 6th floor, room was nasty , No internet connection , on sundays maids don't work so try to don't be a mess on saturday. Elevators sometimes they stuck. There's more options around for the price i payed. Not good at all , first and last time to get there. Me quede en el 6to piso el cuarto sucio , no conexion al internet , los domingos no hay señora de limpieza , los elevadores se tardan y a veces se quedan atrancados, hay mas opciones alrededor por el precio que pague, definitivamente no lo Recomiendo Primera y ultima vez en ese hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jehnson J
Reviewed 21 February 2013

This was my 6th visit to Boana, the last being in 2004. I returned hoping to rekindle great memories, only to leave disappointed. If you opt for one of the remodeled and more expensive units, you may find it tolerable. If you stay in an "original" suite, be prepared for many headaches. I had almost no water pressure (although this seems common to all hotels in the area), no telephone, a vintage TV, no potable water, and decor that is unintentionally depressing. During my stay there was almost no internet service, as was the case for my "neighbor" in his adjoining and remodeled unit. There is no housekeeping and little front-desk service on Sundays.

There are some positives: the views of the bay from the upper floors are stunning; the location is prime for both beach and nightlife; and the staff are warm and knowledgeable. The pool is clear and large. The room cost is reasonable in comparison to other LGBT-marketed hotels. I don't consider myself snobbish, so good basic lodging suffices for me. However, Boana has too many issues that have been ignored since my last visit, and for that reason, I will look elsewhere in town for my next hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank jontul
Reviewed 9 February 2013

We have stayed 5 or 6 times. The units are basically all the same layout; living room, kitchen and balcony facing the bay and the sunsets and the bedroom facing the rear. Each unit is individually owned, so some have been renovated and others have not. Check out the website for pictures of the units along the with rates.

The positives are the views, the proximity to the beach and also to restaurants and the size of the units as compared to hotel rooms and the friendly staff.

The negatives are the noise from Route 200 that can be heard from the bedroom and the slow Internet.

Stayed: January 2013