“Almost makes me never want to go back to Puerto Vallarta”

Villa Vera Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #111 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Vancouver, Canada
“Almost makes me never want to go back to Puerto Vallarta”
Reviewed 3 February 2012

You know what, I can only Compare my stay there to a bad run down highway motel with a pool. The side of the Marina that this place is on is so dirty, Gross, & smelly, You have no View at all. The pictures of the pool are the highlight. Please, Do not make the mistake of staying here. We were there through RCI, It was such a joke, we were on the phone with the travel agent on the first day raising hell. The staff on the plus side were ok, they did try and make are stay as enjoyable as possible. But overall, Its just to run down, It is not what I want a vacation to be. My advice, stay at the Westin accross the street, I did for the last 4 days of my trip, and you know what, It would have been just a little difference cost wise had we done the whole trip there.

Room Tip: At the hotel Across the street
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank bcrewe82

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Chicago
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Went end of March beggining of April 2011 for my cousin's wedding at Club Regina which is right across the street. What is nice about this place is that you have full access to their sister hotel which is much bigger and right in front of a beach. Pools at Villa Vera were o.k but heard from the kids that the water was very cold. We hung out mostly at the pool at Club Regina and loved it. Very kid friendly. This place is great if you having your wedding at Club Regina and need an affordable place for your guests to stay. Breakfast was included which you ate at Club Regina and it was a very delicious breakfast Mexican and American selections not big at all so not overwhelming but enough for different selections.
Lobby at Villa Vera was small but decent and they will not give you your rooom till check in but will hold your stuff in case you wanted to go out for a stroll or just go and hit the beach at Club Regina. My room was outdated but for the price it was fine. Staff was very nice and I liked how quick it was for the golf cart to come and take us to Club Regina. Longest I waited was 10 minutes and that was because we all wanted to get to the wedding on time. Which by the way was the best wedding I have ever gone too. Maybe it was because I was with my family but the service and fireworks at the wedding were awesome! Not sure if I would stay again though unless they gave me a good price like they did for the wedding guests. I paid $80 a night with full breakfast included for being party of the wedding. It was just me though no kids in my room. Also if you choose to walk to Club Regina's beach from Villa Vera it is no more then 15 minutes long and that is walking at a very slow pace.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with separate seating area.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank girliegirl71
Mundelein, Illinois
Reviewed 15 May 2011

Villa Vera is a very pretty, quiet stay. With that said, it's appointments are very weak,
no food or beverage service does not make it a destination place in relationship to
high power and basically well appointed sister, Club Regina. We chose Villa Vera based on Acapulco and Isla Mujeres Villas, and this one just does not make it.
We slept comfortably. We watched fully loaded flat screen tvs. Internet was available in the lobby and it worked well. Pool is beautiful, but lose the canopy beds. Because we are time share owners this really should not command the points that Club Regina does.
Service by staff is friendly and good, but they just don't make you feel really welcomed.
Nice place to stay, but not a destination. Good for a nite or two.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LMMandel
North Cape May, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 February 2011

Just returned from Raintree's Villa Vera on the Marina. The area was OK, had a short walk over to Club Regina to go to the beach. The RCI site was very misleading, as far as I could tell none of the rooms were upgraded. Everything in the room was dated. I asked to see one of the updated rooms and was told they were all updated. The restaurant was closed, really nothing to do at all.
Would not recommend this hotel.
The grounds were well kept and the rooms were clean.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DeLinda12
Long Island, New York
Reviewed 31 January 2011

Best things about resort
It has a good location a short walk to the many fine Marina restaurants. While not on the beach, its rear is on the active marina waterway with lots of interesting boats passing by. The Raintree Regina across the narrow street, which you can be golf carted to has an excellent beach and pools and regular activities.
Best attractions or restaurants nearby
The public buses begin their routes right at the resort. They leave every 15 minutes, so for 6 and a half pesos you can get a ride to WalMart, the Main Marina for excursions by boat or into downtown Puerto Vallarta.
Review
When we got to Villa Vera, it was before check in time, but they gave us a condo early on the second floor, no elevators but the clerk carried our bags very quickly to our rooms. The rooms and bath were clean and equipped well. While someone on an earlier review complained about the bare white walls, I didn't find them bad. In fact they had two very nice flat screen tv's mounted on those white walls, one in the living room and one in the bedroom. The safe easily fit my laptop computer and other items easily. The kitchen was well equipped with a 2 burner stovetop, microwave and full sized fridge. The bedroom and kitchen/living room each had separate air conditioning units, the type that are ductless, very quiet and mounted high on the walls. The porch off the living room had 2 chairs and a small table overlooking the pool area and marina. There were many covered lounge beds available, with no charge. There was free wifi available in the lobby area, and many places to sit down with a computer to go online. There was a large chart of activities but since it is still not the busy season, all activities were being run across at the Raintree Regina. We found the stretching and water aerobics classes good and well run. While their restaurant was closed the week we were there, there were so many restaurants to choose from around the marina, a short walk away. Many of the suites were not occupied even though the weather was beautiful and the weather up north was very cold and snowy. We would definitely go back.
The one negative would be the hardness of the living room couch, that would convert into a bed. We had to use extra pillows to soften the feel. The whole resort must have been recently renovated, because the earlier reviews here do not do the Villa Vera justice.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ron P
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Reviewed 20 January 2011

Fresh paint, good location. no elevator - 3 floors. limited services. Hard mattress.
Arrive on a friday afternoon. Pool bar and only restaurant closed all day/night. Used Club Regina - across the street but overcrowded and slow services. Fitness Club at Regina charges $7/day. Tried to bring small cooler (OXXO Store - 1 block) but told not permitted. When explained about closed bar, they permitted but took 30 min to get ice from Club Regina.

Room was roomy and clean, but cheap furniture. Location is great - close to Marina shops, restaurant (ask for shortcut to rear entrance). Pools were very nice.

This was satisfactory for a short (2 night) stay. Would not stay longer. We stayed prior to checking into another reserved resort for additional week.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LVworldTraveler
wheaton, maryland
Reviewed 22 September 2010

Picked Villa Vera over other Raintree resorts in P.V. because of the size of the facility and the representation of the rooms on the website which boasted modern rooms with granite through out, huge bathrooms with jacuzzi tubs, flat screens etc... i received two confirmation emails after the room was booked, thanking me for me for choosing Villa Vera letting me know that my reservation was in place, the last one several days before myself and my wife arrived. Once we get there, we are told that the hotel is undergoing reservations and we have been booked at the Regina Club across the street. Not only am I furious because the number of rooms at the Regina and the room designs was the main reason we chose not to go to the 300 plus room resort as opposed to the 80 room Villa Vera, but the fact that I was not even given the decency of a email to let me know of a change. The kicker was that people were staying at Villa Vera. I found out later that they were Raintree members and they had priority to the available rooms all non members were shuttled over to Regina. Won't spend anymore funds at Raintree....

Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple