“Nice place”

Villa Vera Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #113 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Loved the hotel and the grounds, pool and beach areas.Located in the marina, a bit to far out of the way for me. I prefer to be closer to the action and hum downtown, however the staff was friendly and the rooms were very nice, some of the appliances did not work that well, blender, coffee maker, but overall ok

Room Tip: overlooking the ocean from floors 8 and up for the best views, we were on 4 and only saw tops of th...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I'm not sure what the other reviewers are talking about when they mention poor service etc. Maybe there are different room types in the three buildings. Ours was a very updated room. Stove, microwave and almost full size refrigerator. We were allowed to check in early and the staff was very pleasant every time we saw them. Free coffee and pastries in the lobby around 8AM. Pool was beautiful. And NO timeshare people or vendors. Very quiet and that is why we will return. We've been going to Puerto Vallarta twice a year for 30 years and this is the most quiet place we have found. Our home resort is up the street and you couldn't pay me to stay there anymore. It's a newer property but very loud and aggressive timeshare people in the lobby. Anyone wanting the structured and loud activities can just walk across the street to the sister property of Villla Vera. We will stay again should we be lucky enough to find space available

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Patrick and Mer... C
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My friend and I stayed in two different rooms. The rooms were okay, though mine had no mini-fridge until the day of checkout and his did. Stuff like that is minor.

What is major is that the management didn't seem to care about making the customer happy.

There was no one to carry our baggage when we checked in or to help us when we checked out. They assigned us 3rd floor rooms, even though the place was deserted. We asked for ground floor, since I have a bad back and should not carry much. (Yeah, I know, I should pack lighter, but one of the charms of Mexico is that people still help you with your baggage - at least everywhere else I have stayed).

The management insisted you wear those stupid wrist bands even after I explained that I do not even wear a watch due to a medical condition. When I called for someone to bring towels, since I had none, I gave up and had to schlep them myself. Ditto for something else, I cannot remember what. I do remember having to go up and down 3 flights of stairs several times.

The Internet was sort of available in the lobby area. That was it.

The kicker was that when we went to check out, my buddy had forgotten his keycard. The desk clerk held me hostage until I paid 100 pesos for it (about USD$10). Really? How many hotels have graciously let a lot keycard slide? I have never been charged for one in my life.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MexicoMikeReal
Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

My family and i love going to Puerta Vallarta, the staff at the hotel are very friendly and helpful. They are plenty of restaurants in the immediate area to visit, and if you don't want to visit the immediate area restaurant and can take a taxi or a cab to downtown.

To sum it up, I feel very safe with my kids who are 6, and 8 or just going out for a run. The area is also clean, and for those who need extra things there is a Costco,and Sam's club.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank kvnwells
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I did my research before selecting this location because I was concerned that it would be bad because it was inexpensive. Many of the reviews I found were not good, but I think it's because others were expecting something different. This is a small place, but the rooms were clean and spacious, the staff extremely friendly and the location is good. I believe everyone who stays here gets to use the Club Regina amenities literally across the street. Club Regina has everything you need. Good restaurants, a lovely beach and pools and exceptional service. You can walk up the street to the bars and restaurants in the Westin, to a convenience store and good taco shops and a few blocks further to the restaurants and shops in the marina. Overally my group of four really enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jen B
Reviewed 21 February 2013

We actually styled across the way at the regina raintree resort but decided as owners to go and check the villa Vera out to see what it's about. It's so sad cause its actually a really pretty little boutique resort but I suppose it's just tired and no longer maintained due to low occupancy. The view of the resort from the pool are is very pretty. We did not get a chance to see the rooms so I cannot comment. However the grounds landscape wise were maintained. All the restaurants closed though. Palpas in need of desperate redo. Resort doors needs painting. Overall needs a big refresher but with a ton of potential

One thing I can say is that they have a really pretty outdoor resturant area with marina view that would be perfect for a breakfast buffet and / or weddings. It's too bad it's closed. Maybe if they started that up again with a really great rate they could draw some traffic

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank cberenguer
Reviewed 28 January 2013

You have all the amenities of Raintree Club, and all of the activities are across the street at the Westin Regina. I think this may be the best kept secret in Pueto Vallarta. No vendors approching, watching the boats coming in to Port was my favorite part of my morning. WIFI everywhere, so no problems chatting with friends and family. The staff are a wonderful bunch, and have been here multiple years as I remember many of them from my stay in 2012, and that is what will bring me back again and again. They are very accomodating, and I love the peace and serenity. I love that Raintree had the good sense to split the properties. Quiet at the pool, surrounded by lovely landscaping and constant care taken. Thanks to all the staff at Villa Vera, hope to see you next year!

Room Tip: The lower level walks straight out to the pool. Minimal unit noise by the spa
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple