“Spring Break with friends”

Villa Vera Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #107 of 126 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Spring Break with friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed here during Spring break with a few friends. Very clean and good service. Nice to have a kitchen to make breakfast/snacks to save a bit of money. We had access to Raintrees Club Regina which gave us access to the beach and beach-front drink/food service. Only real criticism is that we did have money taken from our room. Not sure by who or how but it did put a damper on the end of our trip.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Zoë N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

This was the worst RCI exchange we have ever experienced. Resort had no facilities whatsoever, such as restaurant, coffee shop, bar. Was next to impossible to find a bellman when needed help with groceries or luggage for that matter. If you enjoy a walk through a graveyard, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Do Not Go There.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Normand D

Travellers are raving about these Puerto Vallarta hotels

Leucadia, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We had a ground floor room with a king size bed.The furniture is basic with drawers that did not slide open or closed easily. There was an almost full size refrigerator that was a bit noisy but appreciated. That was it for appointments. Two glasses in the bathroom, none anywhere else and they were never changed out during our five night stay. At first we had a floor mat for the shower but after two days that went away and wasn't replaced. We weren't around much during the day and didn't ask for these things to be changed. My feeling is that if we had asked they would happily have taken care of all. There was coffee available in the morning at the reception desk. I'm ambivalent about staying here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cathy R
new york city
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

we stayed at the Raintree Villa Vera in Puerto Vallarta with friends for the week of 3-1 to 3-8-2014.
this is in the Marina area, which is fairly self contained with shopping, restaurants, etc.
the facility was fine. we hade a 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit with a small kitchen, dining room and 2 balconies. the staff was very friendly and accomodating, unlike some other reviews i read.
the cost for the week was about $1100 so at $550 per couple it was a pretty good deal.
only negative was the place could use a sprucing up, but it was clean, convenient to the beach-you have use of the Club Regina across the street- with easy transport to town as there is a bus outside the hotel that leaves about every 15 minutes and cost 7.5 pesos.

Room Tip: good if you want to stay out of the hustle and bustle of Puerto Vallarta
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank diandira
Winnipeg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Loved the hotel and the grounds, pool and beach areas.Located in the marina, a bit to far out of the way for me. I prefer to be closer to the action and hum downtown, however the staff was friendly and the rooms were very nice, some of the appliances did not work that well, blender, coffee maker, but overall ok

Room Tip: overlooking the ocean from floors 8 and up for the best views, we were on 4 and only saw tops of th...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

I'm not sure what the other reviewers are talking about when they mention poor service etc. Maybe there are different room types in the three buildings. Ours was a very updated room. Stove, microwave and almost full size refrigerator. We were allowed to check in early and the staff was very pleasant every time we saw them. Free coffee and pastries in the lobby around 8AM. Pool was beautiful. And NO timeshare people or vendors. Very quiet and that is why we will return. We've been going to Puerto Vallarta twice a year for 30 years and this is the most quiet place we have found. Our home resort is up the street and you couldn't pay me to stay there anymore. It's a newer property but very loud and aggressive timeshare people in the lobby. Anyone wanting the structured and loud activities can just walk across the street to the sister property of Villla Vera. We will stay again should we be lucky enough to find space available

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Patrick and Mer... C
McAllen, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

My friend and I stayed in two different rooms. The rooms were okay, though mine had no mini-fridge until the day of checkout and his did. Stuff like that is minor.

What is major is that the management didn't seem to care about making the customer happy.

There was no one to carry our baggage when we checked in or to help us when we checked out. They assigned us 3rd floor rooms, even though the place was deserted. We asked for ground floor, since I have a bad back and should not carry much. (Yeah, I know, I should pack lighter, but one of the charms of Mexico is that people still help you with your baggage - at least everywhere else I have stayed).

The management insisted you wear those stupid wrist bands even after I explained that I do not even wear a watch due to a medical condition. When I called for someone to bring towels, since I had none, I gave up and had to schlep them myself. Ditto for something else, I cannot remember what. I do remember having to go up and down 3 flights of stairs several times.

The Internet was sort of available in the lobby area. That was it.

The kicker was that when we went to check out, my buddy had forgotten his keycard. The desk clerk held me hostage until I paid 100 pesos for it (about USD$10). Really? How many hotels have graciously let a lot keycard slide? I have never been charged for one in my life.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends