“Neighborhood Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Melissa's

Melissa's
Ranked #62 of 999 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Dear Custoers and Friends:Melissas's Restaurant is sorry to say we will be closing our doors for the summer season.We will reopen in the Fall.Looking forward to seeing you all again in the Fall,Warm regards,M & J.
Fife, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Neighborhood Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Friendly staff, who spoke English well, and the food was Excellent. We only saw tourists in the restaurant once, out of our 3 meals there. Also serve non-seafood dishes. And good drinks!

Dallas, Texas
“Great fish freshly catch and made!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We were here for 4th of July. Read review and stopped by. The restaurant is a small quaint place with a simple decor but the service is great. We had red snapper and mahi fish with your special condiments. These were absolutely amazingly tasteful. We loved the mussels as well. Thank you!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Msy S
Oregon
“Perfect atmosphere and insanely good seafood soup”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stumbled on Melissa's on the first day of my first Mexico trip with my mom and sister. It's a very cute restaurant where the staff and Melissa herself are friendly and speak excellent english, but it still feels authentic and not tourists only. My sister doesn't like seafood so she had the chicken burrito and loved it. It was plenty of food for 2 separate meals. I had the seafood soup which is out of this world good. I don't know how they make a profit at all with so much seafood packed into that bowl. It has octopus and scallops and crab and mussels in a light, tasty broth. Legitimately one of the best meals I've ever had and impressively affordable for the quality. I get hungry just remembering it. We also all had drinks (margaritas, pina coladas, and beer) which were cold and delicious and they give you a free shot of house tequila to close the meal. Melissa's was the only restaurant of the whole week in Mexico that we had to visit again.

2 Thank Rachel M
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

We went to Melissa's for our last lunch in Puerto Vallarta and when we arrived at noon they were there, but didn't open until 2. But they said no problem, come on in and they'll make us lunch. The food was excellent and the restaurant is right on the bus route down town so easy to get to.

1 Thank Robin I
Prince George, Canada
“Best food we had all trip!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

This cozy little restaurant a few blocks up from the Malecon is worth the very short stroll to get there!
The prices are great & the food is some of the best I've had in Mexico. The Marlin Tacos were amazing!!!!
I'll definitely be back!!