“Very happy with the Comfort Inn”

Comfort Inn Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #57 of 126 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Merida, Mexico
“Very happy with the Comfort Inn”
Reviewed 18 March 2011

Stayed 4 nights at the Comfort Inn PV last week on business. The hotel is very close to the airport, in fact I walked it in about 10 minutes, since I only had small luggage. Room was excellent, large, tiled floor, safe, wireless internet, good bathroom, and in my opinion a very comfortable bed. The bed was firm, as beds normally are in Mexico, however that suits me, and I honestly had 4 of the best nights sleep I have ever had in a hotel anywhere.

The included breakfast was quite fine, fruit, cereals, yoghurt, toast and cake were available, along with juice and coffee.

All the staff I encountered at reception, the restaurant, and in housekeeping were polite, and friendly.

Location - close to the airport and therefore quite far from the downtown and zona romantica; I had business in the downtown area, and took the bus on a daily basis, which took around 15 minutes. I purposely chose this hotel as I hoped it would be far away from partying spring breakers, and I was right; it was an oasis of peace and quiet. It is close to the marina, which is around a 10 minute walk.

Nice pool area and terrace for catching the sun.

Only criticism would be the chair at the desk in the bedroom - it was a wooden kitchen chair type, and not comfortable to sit on for several hours at a time when working!

Overall, I was delighted with this hotel and would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank El-Yuca-Ingles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed 22 February 2011

We arrived here early in the evening and stayed here overnight. We chose this hotel because it was very close to the airport. The hotel was new and quite comfortable. We had a larger, 2 double bed, non-smoking room. The pool looked nice although we didn't get a chance to try it. Good breakfast in the morning. Free wireless internet available. Staff did not speak much English. We got a AAA/CAA rate. The taxi ride from the airport to the hotel was 160 pesos -we felt this was way too much for the incredibly short distance but couldn't barter due to the 'Zone pricing' from the airport. Would definitely stay here again for a one night stopover. The price quoted over the online reservation was the price we paid.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank timetraveler42
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 9 February 2010

Usually I don't review hotels when staying only one night. The Comfort Inn in Puerto Vallarta is an exception as it's so handy for specific purposes, especially a one-night stay near the airport. I would definitely stay there again.

We arrived in PV the day after Thanksgiving and needed a one-night place near the Puerto Vallarta airport as the timeshare check-in at the Marina was Saturday, the following day.

This Comfort Inn is not fancy, but it was perfect for the one night. It is new (opened April, 2009) and is less than a mile south of the airport. If you had a duffle bag, you could walk (although I wouldn't recommend that, as the roads are very confusing in the airport area). It's in the Plaza Marina Shopping Complex, which has Comercial Mexicana (grocery store) and other small shops and restaurants.

The Comfort Inn is basic. Nothing fancy. Beds are a little hard (but not as hard as some of the ones on concrete in older resorts and hotels) and it's all tile floors and not much in decor. However, it's spotlessly clean and the rooms have good bathrooms/showers and coffee pot, TV, etc. It was everything we needed for just one night. Decor tends to be light wood, almost Scandinavian in appearance.

In addition, bottled water (big 5-gallon jug) is available in the hallway, so there is plenty of cold, fresh water for new arrivals from the airport. Also, there is a decent (gratis) continental breakfast in the morning, with fresh fruit, juice, coffee, pastries, cereal, etc. I sat by the hotel pool for my breakfast --- it was nice and peaceful. Restaurant is very basic.

The location is on the corner of the main drag (Ascencio) from the airport and the corner where you turn right into the Marina. Our room view was of the Marina golf course. When at the pool (either swimming or sitting outside in the morning for breakfast) there is traffic noise, due to being on the main route.

Staff was friendly and helpful. I think they are accustomed to people staying overnight one night, on the way someplace else.

We were on the 4th floor. The hotel has an elevator. Everything worked smoothly.

The only issue I had is that I had made reservations months in advance but (due to the economy), it appears that if you are a drop in, you pay 125 pesos less per night and they have a big sign outside which makes that obvious. It took awhile to sort that out, in two different languages, but I was pleased to be able to have the reservation at this new, clean hotel - even though I had to pay more due to reserving in advance.

This is a good place to stay when coming and going from the airport. I rate it as average, not wanting anyone to think it's fancy (as it's a simple hotel, not a resort) but it's new and very clean and an excellent jumping off location to get somewhere else. It has everything one might need for a one-night stay near the airport, including free Internet in the lobby. Not recommended for an extended stay however.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends