“Beautiful property, great food, what a value!”

Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa
Ranked #13 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I stumbled upon this Garza Blanca via Jetsetter earlier this summer and spent my 4th of July holiday here. I must say that photos do not do the place justice. It is comparable to a Four Seasons property. The design is beautiful. I had booked a 1 bdrm initially, but when I arrived they had put me in a junior suite. I actually preferred the smaller room as it came with an outdoor patio with a hot tub. It was also a corner unit on a lower level so I had nice views. I loved the suite overall. It had a jacuzzi bath tub in it. I dined at all 3 restaurants and was not disappointed. I especially liked the higher end restaurant above. I went there a couple nights. The property is a bit out of the way, which I prefer because it's more peaceful, versus being in the midst of the craziness by the boardwalk. It's also close to the zoo, which was an amazing experience. While I was there I also enjoyed a massage at the spa. I spent most of my time in the pool or exploring town. I also willingly signed up for their timeshare tour as I love to travel and thought that this could be a nice property to start with. Indeed it was and I ended up signing up so that I can return to Garza annually and explore other comparable properties. I highly recommend this property for a romantic vacation or a getaway with friends. It's breathtaking here.

Room Tip: If you're a couple ask for a junior suite with an outdoor hot tub. Higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SprVxn

Reviewed 8 October 2012

My wife any I initially booked a timeshare transfer through my uncle at Costa Sur for a 3-nights stay during Labor Day weekend for her birthday. However, upon arrival at the airport, we were solicited to attend a presentation at a new resort. We were a little hesitant at first, but the friendly agent ensured us that it would be worth our time. After checking in and staying at Costa Sur for our first night, which we were a little disappointed with, we attended the presentation the next morning and instantly fell in love with the property. Despite being fairly new and still under quite a bit of construction, we could already tell that the resort is full of potential. After a bit of negotiation, the sales staff made an offer we couldn't refuse by offering us a free, all-inclusive stay in a 1-bedroom sutie for the remainder of our nights as a birthday gift to my wife. This kind gesture instantly put tears in my wife's eyes and we can't thank Claudia and Scott enough for making this happen. The great amenities and professional service of the staff truly made us feel that we made the right choice with the perfect combination of quality and value. Our only complaints were some mold that we found on face towels in the bathrooms due to the humidity and a few wrong orders made by the staff during our dining experiences. However, the concierge made up for these inconveniences by, first and foremost, providing us new towels as well as complimentary desserts and fruits sent directly to our suite. Despite these qualms, we were more than happy with our stay and can't wait to return with our kids and/or other family and friends. Also, we can't wait to check out their other resort in Cancun...thanks Garza Blanca!

1  Thank Ryan R
Reviewed 6 October 2012

The best part of this hotel is the fine stonework and the high quality dining available on premises. Unfortunately there will be construction noise for some time as they are building a series of massive towers above the hotel on the hill. They will pressure you to take a tour and invest in a timeshare. The pool is very nice, though mainly for show. The beach is also quite nice, though not quite a big as it appears on some photos. The hotel is south of town but within easy City bus access of both PV and the interesting areas to the South. The staff at the the hotel were very friendly and the rooms were well appointed, especially nice were the showers. The premises are secure, if that matters to you.

Room Tip: Select this hotel for fine dining, if you can afford it.
2  Thank Nancy O
Hotel_Administration, PIERRE BONIN at Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2012

NEW PANAROMA TOWER TO OPEN THIS YEAR :

Garza Blanca Preserve Resort & Spa is pleased to announce the grand opening of our Panorama Tower this November.

Suites in the 24-room tower will start at 985 squared feet and boast a spacious modern feel, with an earthy palette of brown, taupe and gray accented by splashes of lime green and bright red. The luxurious restrooms are ample and loaded with marble floors, whirlpool tubs and double sinks.

Framing the breathtaking panoramic views are the expansive living areas, catering lush sofas, stone tables, hardwood floors and custom cabinetry with a premium wet bar and Chef kitchen. Included in the 24 suites are two luxury 2-story Penthouses.

Panorama Tower features a private entrance separate from the rest of the property. It was also built with direct access to the Resort´s gardens, second mountain-top pool and new signature restaurant, BocaDos STK bites & meats. Set to open this November, Panorama Tower is sure to awe our loyal guests.

“With the opening of our new tower, Garza Blanca Preserve Resort & Spa is now elevated to a class of its own and is set to become ‘the destination’ in the city,” , “It will reinforce our position as one of the leading Resorts in Puerto Vallarta, and allows us to better cater to the increasing demand for luxury accommodation, innovative restaurants and bars, and comprehensive meeting facilities.”

PIERRE BONIN GENERAL MANAGER

Reviewed 29 September 2012

This hotel is gorgeous, and the staff is exceptional - maybe some of the best service I've ever had at a hotel. The employees really go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. Everyone I encountered was friendly and helpful. The hotel is somewhat far from the center of Puerto Vallarta, but that is definitely one of the reasons to stay here. It is removed from the mega resorts and major development, which makes it much more relaxing and pretty. I was so happy I chose this resort, rather than one of the others in town. If you are looking for a loud, rowdy party environment, this is not the place.

The room was lovely and extremely clean. The T.V. had plenty of English channels. All of the rooms appear to have amazing views of the ocean. Mine was perfect- great balcony. It was wonderful to sit outside and enjoy the ocean sounds and view. I read prior reviews and brought extra coffee, since the complimentary supply is only enough for one morning. The room service food was great. I also had breakfast everyday in the Blanca Blue Restaurant. Again, gorgeous view of the ocean, and the food was excellent.

There is a bus stop nearby for traveling into town, and the ride was fine. The hotel staff will show you where to stand. The bus fare into town was 6 or 7 pesos when I was there. You can also take a cab at a price of $100 pesos. The hotel has a little check-point at the entrance, and they seem dedicated to creating a secure environment.

The hotel is in the process of building additional towers behind the present development. I hope they do not over-build the resort since there is some beautiful jungle in the area. I would hate to see all that natural beauty removed. There was some construction noise associated with the project, but it wasn’t bad.

This hotel is really very unique, and I highly recommend it. It’s a great place to relax, unwind, drink margaritas, eat great food, and enjoy the beach.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Anabanana
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Best service, beautiful views, most beautiful beach in PV. I will go back again, as soon as I can afford it! The only not-so-perfect thing was the restaurants. The food was okay- but not quite as 5 star as the rest of the resort. I would be happy to drink margaritas all say in the infinity pool and skip dinner :-)

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank NicoleMJ
Hotel_Administration, PIERRE BONIN at Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Festival Gourmet International, Puerto Vallarta-Riviera @ GARZA BLANCA RESORT & SPA

From the 8th of November and until the 18th of November 2012, Puerto Vallarta will become the Mecca of the International Gourmet scene.

Festival Gourmet promotes the exchange of culinary experience among local and guest Chefs and it has enhanced the epicurean reputation of Mexico, providing mentoring opportunities, celebrating the impeccable credentials of Puerto Vallarta's and Riviera Nayarit restaurants, and most importantly, honors you, the guest, with the finest gourmet experiences that the world can provide.

Blanca Blue Restaurant & Lounge @ GARZA BLANCA
Local Chef
Leopoldo Cortés

“Cooking is a work of art in which the artist’s passion and personality are reflected in every dish, giving him the chance to make new creations” Cortés says. During all his years
of culinary experience he has reached lots of goals: he is a member of the Culinary Academy of France and he got a bronze medal in the Professional Cooking Contest “Culinary Master” in Central America

GUEST CHEF ;

CHEF KONSTANTINOS

Born in Greece in 1980 and graduated from the Institute of Hotel & Tourism Studies of Rhodes, International Chef Konstantinos has worked for an array of distinguished members of society throughout his 16 years of experience including the Queen of Morocco and Ministries of NATO. Chef Konstantinos is certified in HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) whilst successfully diving into gourmet Mediterranean cuisine; being awarded six gold medals, two silver and one bronze at diverse International Mediterranean cuisine competitions. He is the current Executive Chef at the famed Villa del Palmar Cancun Resort.

BON APETIT !!!

Reviewed 12 September 2012

This is our second visit to GB, staying the week of August 18 - 25. We previously stayed in October 2011 and loved it so much we brought my parents and our boys, ages 8 and 16, along this time to celebrate my 40th birthday. After VIP Transportation delivered us, our luggage, and groceries from Coscto, Diana immediately greeted us with cold towels and cucumber margaritas. After a brief check-in (we received an upgrade), we were escorted to our beautiful 3-bedroom suite in building three, fourth floor. The boys got their own room with two double beds and their very own bathroom. They were pretty excited about the patio jacuzzi and two hammocks. We each chose a king suite and got set to relax for the week. We definitely made good use out of the full kitchen, fully utilizing all appliances and dishes and appreciated having a fridge stocked with cold beer and water and our other groceries. We even brought coffee, filters, and laundry soap so we could wash/dry clothes if needed.

The resort was nearly empty while we were there and we thoroughly enjoyed being pampered by the staff, especially Alan, Ignacio, Miguel, and Daniel. On my birthday after lunch by the pool, the entire pool staff brought me Creme Brulee and sang happy birthday, even in English! It was very thoughtful. They even left me a small bouquet of flowers in our suite.

It is the attention to detail that make a trip like this so memorable. Everything was perfect, right down to the maid service, spa and massage, dinners, breakfasts, and drinks & lunch by the pool. Our entire stay was impeccable, right down to the food. We ate at Bocados one night and it was amazing! The service was perfect and the food delicious. I can't get over how friendly everyone was and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed.

We can't get over how beautiful the pool area is and it was certainly hard to leave that amazing view. We had our favorite spot to sit each day and met some great people. The pool music was perfect, not too loud and certainly not annoying. The construction noise from the mountain towers was noticeable but not distracting.

We ventured into town several nights for dinner and after a huge rainstorm one night, the road was closed. We called GB and they immediately sent the van out to pick us up as we were stranded and had to walk around the landslides to reach a clear area on the other side. It was an adventure for sure.

The only downside from last year's visit was that they no longer offer the courtesy shuttle into town, but the taxi rides are prompt and about 100 pesos each way.

Thank you for a memorable vacation! We will be back soon.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank kairlotta
Hotel_Administration, PIERRE BONIN at Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

THE ULTIMATE :

TRUE BLOOD’S JOE MANGANIELLO JOINS US FOR DINNER
Garza Blanca Preserve Resort & Spa recently hosted actor Joe Manganiello, from the hit HBO series True Blood, Alexandra Breckenridge from FX’s American Horror Story along with a few friends who enjoyed a candlelight dinner in one of our signature penthouses. An evening filled with mouthwatering cuisine, tequila tasting, laughter and incredible ocean views.
The evening began with a classic champagne welcome en route to the hotel, time which flew by as our guests took in the picturesque views of the city. Once here, the opulent lobby captivated their attention, no the mention our unique atrium —framing the infinity pool that cascades into the still Pacific coast.
Once joined in the oceanfront penthouse, our acclaimed Chef Kori Sutton —from the newly inaugurated restaurant BocaDos STK bites & meats— greeted Mr. Manganiello and company with a sample of three of our best tequilas, followed by a set on hors d’oeuvres that included jicama wraps, Peruvian-style octopus and beef tacos —presenting our guests with a chance to savor some of the restaurants’ new delicacies.
Chef Kori then presented a three-course set menu to be served on the wraparound terrace overlooking the ocean, featuring:
Delicate salmon atop a bed of sweet corn and coconut sauceCubes of red snapper topped with ponzu
Duck dumplings

Kurobata with a side of our Chef’s take on wild rice, grilled asparagus and a savory mango ginger sauce

Dessert was encompassed by a sweet potato flan

Mr. Manganiello and guests were keen to their special meal, the beautiful surroundings and great attention from Chef Kori and helpful staff. They were impressed and inquisitive about the Resort’s features, amenities and stated that not only were they amazed by the gourmet dinner, but would without a doubt return to visit us sometime in the future.

GARZA BLANCA RESORT & SPA : SIX STAR IN A CLASS OF ITS OWN !!!!!

PIERRE BONIN

Reviewed 7 September 2012

My now fiancee and I just returned back from a 4 night stay at Garza Blanca. We were there last April and had a good time. The second time around was even better! This time we did the all inclusive and that was they way to go.

When we got there we were ushered to the couch for the check-in process. We were greeted with cold towels to cool us down and great margaritas. The concierge explained the all-inclusive plan in great detail where we had no questions. Great beginning.

We upgraded to a one bedroom suite (as last time) and it was phenomenal. View of the beach is excellent. This time my fiancée planned a special breakfast on the beach and proposed to me. Everything was perfect from the cake to the ring to the service. I can’t ask for better memories.

To top it all off, the food was excellent. The restaurant atmosphere was very romantic in both restaurants. Aside from the great service and beautiful pool, my favorite part of the resort is the restaurants. Also, we did a 50 minute couples massage and it was great and so relaxing after a long day in the pool and sun.

Although there was a large wedding when we were there it did not hinder our vacation at all. If there is anywhere you should stay in Puerto Vallarta it is Garza Blanca! You will be pleasantly surprised.

Room Tip: All rooms face the beach so they are all nice
2  Thank arianne25
Hotel_Administration, GENERAL MANAGER PIERRE BONIN at Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2012

VIVA MEXICO !!!!

This traditional event brings the sound, culture and taste of Mexico’s finest to our Garza Blanca guests. It is more than just a celebration, it is an evening of music and dance, with performances by our traditional Mariachi and Folkloric Ballet followed by fireworks and an all you can eat, all you can drink evening on Friday, September 14th in Blanca Blue.

Keep the festivities going with a fun-filled day of events the following Saturday, September 15th. Join us by the pool where you will learn about the history of Mexico’s traditional piñatas, make your very own to take home in our crafts corner and of course, break the giant piñata stuffed with tons of goodies.

The fun carries on with a series of themed games like Mexican golf, goal kick, ring tossing and toss the ball to Pancho. Our resident artist will conduct a capsuled Mexican painting class.

Mexican Fiesta is more than just a celebration; it is a vigorous declaration of community spirit at its best. Join us in the festivities as we celebrate two days of fun, food, Mariachi and Fiesta for everyone!

WAKE UP IN PARADISE !!!!