Stayed at the Garza Blanca in November 2013. Did not do the all-inclusive option. The initial arrival is very nice. Instead of checking in at a desk, you are taken to a couch and the desk clerk and concierge check you in and explain the resort and give you a welcome drink (cucumber margarita). Yes, they will try to get you to do the time share tour by offering discounts at the hotel on food and drink, a free tour (City Tour see below) and free taxi back to the airport. The tour is supposed to be 90 minutes. Another couple with us took the tour and it is the typical time share pressure sale.
The resort itself is very nice. The building is clean and well maintained and the grounds are well maintained. All the staff was pleasant but no one stood out. All the service was very good, the waiters always remembered to take orders from and serve the women first. The resort has three buildings on the beach side and two towers on the mountainside across the main road. They are currently building a third tower in between the first two on the mountain side. We were in tower 4 (the first number of your room tells you what building you are in) and could hear and see the construction. The noise wasn't too bad but it does start early and go all day. The construction is just above the uphill pool making it not so pleasant to use. It is a long uphill or downhill walk from the mountain towers to the beach. There is a bridge across the main road and golf carts for the uphill part.
We stayed in a junior suite. The room was gorgeous with a great view of the ocean and bay. There was plenty of space with a separate soaking tub, walk-in shower, double vanity, separate closets and a huge balcony with a hammock. Room cleanliness was excellent and the daily maid service was flawless.
The beach side pool area was very nice with the infinity edge pool. Plenty of loungers and beach towels. Same with the beach area. Both areas have umbrellas for shade.
The City Tour was a van trip to the ship port (never got out, just saw it through window), the church in town, Los Arcos overlook point and a tequila "factory". Glad it was free because the other couple with us did the time share tour because it would have been disappointing if I had paid for it.
Food at the resort was pretty good. We ate most of our meals at the resort. The mountainside steak restaurant, Boca, was our favorite. The filet mignon was the best steak and we tried them all.
The resort is out of town away from PV. It is an easy cab ride, 100 pesos, each way or try the Mismaloya bus for 7 pesos, pick up and drop off right in front of the hotel.
Overall I would go back if the price was right. We enjoyed the hotel but they can be proud of their prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacularly flanked by the vibrant blue waters of the Pacific Ocean and the verdanant tropical forests of the Sierra Madre mountains, Garza Blanca Preserve Resort & Spa nestles gracefully just minutes south of historic Puerto Vallarta, one of Mexico's most dynamic and sophisticated vacation destinations.All Suites feature in-style decor that include marble floors, granite countertops, private terraces, whirlpool tubs and artisan in room amenities.Our ultra-chic gourmet restaurant is one of Puerto Vallarta's most sophisticated and premier dining options, catering breathtaking ocean views, a stylish lounge, a 230 label award-winning wine cellar, and a selection of unique contemporary dishes tailored to scintillate your senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Splitty, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garza Blanca Preserve Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort And Spa