“Great experience and we are playing our return trip for 2015!”

Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa
Ranked #14 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Everything at the hotel from the food, drinks, service, restaurant options, suite was wonderful. We were sad to leave but we're planning our return trip and would recommend this hotel to anyone. We loved that it was right outside downtown with a short cab ride into town. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Trousdal

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Bought a vacation package through Costco Travel and always a pleasant experience but not recommending United Airlines. Our package included 1bedroom suite all inclusive.

Arrived at Garza Blanca Reserve Resort n Spa, both my daughter 16 yr old n I, we were impressed as resort was as described and pictured.

From the first day to the seventh day, I was satisfied with the respect, treatment, hospitality and accommodation they gave us. The Staff were absolutely pleasant, humble, helpful, sweet and friendly.

To start I would like to acknowledge the front desk clerks. All so sweet. We love Jessica (non manager) the most. She knew what we wanted to experience. She recommended the trips to Yelapa and Pitial. We were so happy to learn n experience the culture in these small towns. It was scarry going out on our own but everything worked out.

The second area I would like to acknowledge is the pool/activities/aquazul.
Kudos to the manager Guillermo! Words cant describe how satisfied we were with Sergio, Alan, and of course the mas guapo hombre, cutie pie, Javier~♡~♥~♡!
JAVIER is the kindest n soooo humble person since the first moment we went to the poolside:) Just luvvvv him:)
We spend most of our time by the pool w all the meals n drinks....Alejandro sure can run back n forth to get us our food n drinks:) Sergio n Alan watched out n got us an umbrella to give us extra shade as we got sunburnt! Really appreciate u guys care n love!

Have to also complement Isaac for the great activities. Wish we had gone kayaking with him but we were with Tito.
A little disappointed....we woke up late for our kayaking trip....so we were not fully oriented to kayaking, we were kinda slow n we were left behind. Thank goodness we were not eaten alive ...or drown with the jellyfish in the water. Wish Tito would have checked on us ....we made it n caught up with them at Los Arcos n left behind again on the way back:(
Have to say all 3 of our snorkeling tours in Hawaii we had awesome guides who checked on everyone in a class of a dozen individuals. We were actually in the front end instead of the back stragglers.

As far as the timeshare business...we said no thanks to Paty but got the 411 review n presentation from Brian the big boss' son.
Yeah my lovely daughter was not willing to turn our Americana Village n David Walleys timeshares for this upgrade....sorry:) but im sure we will try to make it back....for the amazing, beautiful n breath taking views n the awesome family oriented Staff.

Definitely get all inclusive to try different food n drinks....I dont usually drink but in Garza Blanca I was basically an alcoholic. ...drinking approx 6+ drinks a day...it was fun:)

Just luv it n will b back...not sure when. Next destination will be Bora Bora!
Please forgive me if I forget anyone...
Wrote names down...cant find it...
Oh one more Miguel in BlancaBlue Restaurant n Daniel at the Bar....he made me such wonderful cocktail. ...delicious:)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shinta A
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We got the 3BR 4200SQ Ft Deluxe room for 7 people and it was absolutely spectacular. Like a Vegas penthouse but looking over the ocean. The grounds, pools and restaurants are absolutely beautiful and it was nice to feel safe behind the gates.

The ocean was "red flagged" the whole time we were there, so we couldn't go in the water. It's a really small beach, I can't see much happening as far as water activities.

IF ONLY they lived up to the 4-star accommodations with equally as good service and food. I will say the drink and food service around the pool was great.... one of my favorite things about going to Mexico is the food. Every other meal we had there was weak and unauthentic, including dropping $700 at their best restaurant Blanca Blue. Breakfast food and service was dismal, having to beg for menus (because the buffet was miniscule), only to get cold eggs and raw oatmeal. We sat at breakfast at the steak restaurant and watched a family with a baby stand there for 10 minutes waiting for table (which were open), and be ignored to simply walk away and find some other place to eat. Being a 15 minute cab ride from town made it tough to try to go elsewhere for meals with 7 people.

The Gym was disappointing...tiny with run-down machines, one of them broken.

End it all with the "90 minute" timeshare presentation that actually took 3.5 hours for a discount on food and being nickel and dimed on expensive WiFi ($10 per day PER DEVICE!!) wraps up an experience that I wouldn't recommend unless your Eden is sitting around a nice pool and you aren't a foodie.

Room Tip: The 3BR rooms in the tower are breathtaking. There's a new tower they are building that I bet w...
1  Thank mowmylawn
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We usually travel to PV for spring break (our daughters now 10 and 12) and sometimes Fall as well. This was our first experience at Garza Blanca. We stayed in the 2,200 sq foot apartment which had about every luxury imaginable including hot tub and steam showers. We stayed for 10 days. I will say the service and food were excellent (we did not do all inclusive because we like variety). Yes there is a nine minute YouTube video which shows the awesome infinity pools. My older daughter cried two days before we came home because she didn't want to leave. My wife and I usually prefer less disneyland, but this place is splendid. My one great beef was the poor WiFI. They charged 10 dollars a day US per device, and for the first time in my experience in Mexico the service was appalling. One day I waited three hours for IT assistance that never arrived. And unfortunately as a businessman I relied on what I have always appreciated about PV; good communications. Appalling enough to charge that fee, but unforgivable to have terrible reliability. No free zones either unless you sit in the dining rooms.
My 12 year old will beg me to return, but honestly I don't know if I would choose to experience PV like this again....in a luxury gated compound. Something a bit more earthy maybe. But this place does prove real 4 Star exists in Mexico. Maybe when I retire I won't need to use my Mac Air or Ipod to help pay for the vacation. By the way, romantic as the venue is there are lots of young children. No water slides though, thankfully. PS Spa double charged my spouse for a treatment and we felt a bit like guilty until proven innocent when we challenged the charges. :-( PPS; We took the grueling 3 1/2 hour high pressure time share tour recommended by others to get 10% food/drink discount. Not worth it.

Room Tip: Took time share tour. Don't believe there are any bad rooms
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Brett P
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I travel a lot, I do my research, & have high standards...especially when I travel with my family (wife daughters 6 & 2). We stayed for 8 days & here is what you need to know:
1. Location: Unique to PV, Garza Blanca has a white sand beach with clear water. This is very much not the case throughout PV, where the sand & beaches are not as nice. The tide occasionally brings in smooth round rocks to to a small section of the beach, but they are gone the next day and the majority of the beach stays intact & stunning. They offer free kayak, paddle board, snorkel gear rentals and even excursions to the natural waterfalls within the hotel property. Note: depending on season, small jellyfish/ medusas are abound. We saw several little ones that do not sting. Going into downtown, 25 mins away is a treat.. Also It's a scenic drive in the day, but be mindful that at night, the 2 way rd is not well lit at night. (I heard the city is fixing this over the next year).
2. Facilities: The grounds & 4ft deep infinity pools are visually stunning. They have fountains where kids love to play in. They even have a jacuzzi with a fireplace which is great to relax in at night. We never had problems w/ finding a spot, even when at 90% capacity.
3. Hotel:As all reviewers have stated, the hotel is absolutely amazing. There are 3 towers beach side & 2 hillside/ panorama (1 other panorama under construction, but never heard construction noise). All with amazing views. We opted for a 1 bdrm suite beach side. It's hard to impress me as I have been in many 5 star resorts, but the layout, size decorations, tub, and attention to detail of the room was impressive. The sounds of the waves every night was in my opinion, worth the trade off from the even more impressive panorama rooms. Note: to get from the panorama towers to the beach, you take a golf cart ride, then walk over a bridge, an elevator and you are there... But... Panorama towers do also have a pool hillside.
4. Service was great at check-in, though they elegantly pitch us on the membership, fractionals, and ownership plans. Which we avoided going to. Poolside service by Sergio, Alejandro, & Victor, was timely and attentive. We dined at all 3 restaurants and they have great service on all. The steakhouse is a must visit, if nothing else for the view at sunset. They need to improve the room service. It takes too long and they forgot part of the order several times....but they quickly corrected it. As a sign of the great service at this hotel, they have butlers.. Jesus and Jose Manuel... Really butlers? Well they went around making sure we and those around us were having a great experience and it worked.
5. In attendance were honeymooners, a wedding party, and several families. Somehow, the kids and adults kind of took their own pools and it worked. There were some daily activities, but these were not announced as a previous reviewer stated.
5. Food: We took the all inclusive plan. Well Worth it!!!! I did the math and it was a great value and the food was tasty, and well prepared. Drinks were also great with plenty of choices. Our kids loved the chicken tenders. We especially liked to take room service for breakfast as this allowed us to really use our balcony and enjoy the great view! Note: while some rooms have kitchens, the nearest supermarkets are a 20-30 minute cab ride away at the center of PV.

We will definitely be back as I was thoroughly impressed by the service, facilities and location.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Handsetguru
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We had our wedding at Garza Blanca on April 5th. The experience and everything through out the week was just simply amazing.

I had been to Garza Blanca before to check it out before making a decision to have the wedding there. My parents and I went to 7 or 8 resorts "shopping" before ultimately deciding that Garza Blanca just felt right.

My fiancee had only seen the photos online, and I can say the photos just do not do it justice. The first night we got there - he was in shock by the beauty of the resort. The drive to Garza Blanca is breath taking as well. If you are going to PV you need to make the drive even if you don't stay there! You really get a feel for the beauty Mexico has to offer.
We took a cab from the airport and it was only $35 dollars. Cab drivers are very safe and friendly or you can arrange transportation through Garza Blanca.

So anyway, back to my wedding week. We had people come from all over the country as well as Mexico. Almost 65 people in total it was a big group!!! The hotel staff was more than accommodating and friendly and all my guests had a WONDERFUL time. Some of them are even looking to go back next year again!

You should know if you are planning a trip there, they are selling the rooms as time shares in the mountain towers, be prepared to get a presentation & sales pitch. Also, there is construction but if you ask for a quiet room, they do give you that. We could barely hear it (We stayed in tower 5) & none of our guests had any complaints about it.

There was a couple instances where the service in the restaurants was a little slow but it really didn't bother me. However, some guests did mention that the overall management seemed unorganized at times. That really is my only critique. I was in paradise with no other plans than relaxing and being with my loved ones.

The bell men including Kevin and Salvador were awesome and by the time we left we were giving hugs as kisses.

Jessica the concierge was also so very helpful and sweet. It was like we were staying at an intimate bread and breakfast in a much larger resort... that's the best way I can describe the service.

Annie Germain is the wedding coordinator. Let me just say she is amazing. The entire day of the wedding she was there with me and making sure everything went as planned.
The wedding was a dream and I wish I could do it all over again a 2nd time.

If you are looking to go to Puerto Vallarta on vacation or destination wedding GB is the place to do it!!! We will be visiting again to say to hello to all our friends we made there.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

This was our first stay at the Garza Blanca and it was beyond amazing! We (husband, and 2 sons ages 15 & 12) couldn't have asked for more. We stayed in the 2 BR, 3 BA condo. The space was amazing, no detail was missed. The quality was exquisite. So spacious! The wrap around veranda with ocean and canopy views was spectacular . Personal 8 person hot tub and hammock were icing on the cake. The upper level pool was so convenient and lower pools didn't disappoint. Tito is the best paddle board instructor ever! The beach area was great with plenty of chairs even during a very busy time. The food was incredible and every staff member was friendly and courteous. I would highly recommend Garza Blanca to anyone! We WILL be back!

Room Tip: Request a condo 6th floor or higher to appreciate the ocean and canopy views!
2  Thank mntrvlr4
Hotel_Administration, Gerente at Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Firstly, thank you for choosing Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa on your recent vacation in Puerto Vallarta. Your enjoyment and good opinion are very important to us.

2013 was a great year for Garza Blanca, having received much acclaim. The resort was named amongst the top 100 hotels in the world by Expedia Insiders Select; based on more than 500,000 comments and 650 hotels, Garza Blanca was pleased to come 36 in the list. We were also included within the top 10 Coolest Suites in the world by The Elite Traveler magazine in their 101 Best Suites in the World reward. WIthout doubt, it has been a great year so far. Garza Blanca's goal is to maintain quality services and to take excellent care of our guests' needs and requirements.

We thank you for sharing your family´s moment with us and hope you back soon to Garza Blanca Preserve Resort & Spa, ELEGANT ACCOMMODATION THAT GRACEFULLY SURPASSES EXPECTATION

Mr. Pierre Yves Bonin