We stayed three nights at the end of our mexico tour to relax (and it turned out to recover). We found Puerto Vallarta to be a lovely town, but our hotel was quite far from that part of town. However, found the service at the hotel to be outstanding. I have read where other people were disappointed; but we found the hotel to be more than fair with us. We thought we had booked all inclusive, but our confirmation said "EP" which apparently means European Plan with nothing included. We complained about the mix and management graciously offered to split the difference with us which I believe was more than fair. The concierge was excellent and very helpful. We received cool towels, a margarita and water while checking in. It was like heaven. The lobby is beautiful and everyone was so nice. We booked an ocean front two bedroom and the roar of the ocean was worth every penny. We slept like babies with the doors open and no air. The rooms were gorgeous and the maid brought a few drinks and a few beers and some water bottles to stock the room. It was less than I expected, but adequate. They also restocked when requested, but were very slow - about two hours. We complained about no hammock and they brought a few hours later and we fought over who got the hammock as it was so comfortable. The rooms were fabulous, the lotions were top rated - my favorite actually.
The only problem is that loud booms woke me up in the am. It was kind of muffled and I couldn't figure out what it was until I left the room and saw them working on the hotel across the road. I could have closed the windows, but preferred them open to the ocean. It wasn't terrible. I'm just a light sleeper.
Ok, the actually truth is that the beach sucked. it was set up nicely with chairs and food service and also beach services, but the water was filthy and I tried snorkeling but gave up cause it was too dirty to see much. We were very disappointed about the beach part although the hotel did the best they could.
Food was ok and plentiful of course. It was a little slow but not terrible. The service people were very, very nice. However, the steak house was fabulous. Our steaks were some of the best we have ever had, the restaurant was beautiful, service excellent, good wine, great steaks - we couldn't have asked for better. We were so disappointed on the second night that the steakhouse was closed for a wedding. We complained to management and they indicated that there was going to be a beach barbecue. Wow, it was great and right on the beach. live music, wine and prime rib - couldn't have been better except they forgot the horseradish. We enjoyed that almost as much as the steakhouse.
They asked us once to take the timeshare pitch and we said no and that was that. they never bothered us again. My son had a massage and said it was great. My daughter had a spa treatment and loved it. We found the management to be very responsive and the service excellent.
For a huge all-inclusive hotel, it was the best I have ever stayed at. If that's what you like - this is where you should go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacularly flanked by the vibrant blue waters of the Pacific Ocean and the verdanant tropical forests of the Sierra Madre mountains, Garza Blanca Preserve Resort & Spa nestles gracefully just minutes south of historic Puerto Vallarta, one of Mexico's most dynamic and sophisticated vacation destinations.All Suites feature in-style decor that include marble floors, granite countertops, private terraces, whirlpool tubs and artisan in room amenities.Our ultra-chic gourmet restaurant is one of Puerto Vallarta's most sophisticated and premier dining options, catering breathtaking ocean views, a stylish lounge, a 230 label award-winning wine cellar, and a selection of unique contemporary dishes tailored to scintillate your senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garza Blanca Preserve Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort And Spa