“Nicest resort I've ever stayed in!”

Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa
Ranked #14 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
“Nicest resort I've ever stayed in!”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I was lucky enough to have been given 4 nights here from the Ellen Show. I've never been to Puerto Vallarta and staying here made me like PV even more! This was the nicest resort I've ever been to and I have been to my fair share of nice resorts. I was in a very large one oceanfront bedroom suite. We fell asleep listening to the ocean waves with the door open every night. It was blissful and just what the dr ordered coming off an extremely stressful time at work. The pool area was awesome with full food and bar service. It was very family friendly and not crowded at all. It was a great time a year to visit and the weather was perfect! No rain and not too hot but hot enough to get a raging tan! The wifi service really did not work and sometimes the service was slow, but hey, this is Mexico , so give them some slack . The employees were very dedicated and gracious. I had one of my best vacations ever . I did however have great company which helped :) I did do the timeshare presentation but did not buy. I already own 2 timeshares but I would rather own this one but was not prepared to buy. However , I did get amazing discounts on scuba diving and Zip-lining and got 10-15% off everything at the resort so well worth my time. The beaches were nice and swimmable and they have paddle boards and kayaks that you can use. I learned how to paddle board here :) I never write reviews, but I had such a great trip I decided to do it.

I definitely want to come back again with my kids and I rarely ever say that !!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (707)
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed 15 May 2014

After a few days all inclusive for me and my family of 4, I'm checking out, not only becouse of the cockroach attacks or that wifi is free only in the restaurant! but for every order I have to ask from 3 different waiters and hope that we get any breakfast, or dinner! Some of the staff like mr Javier and few more are dedicated and professional, but they are very few.

Room Tip: De bygger i närheten och det låter under större delen av dagen. De nya byggnaderna är freschare men...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Alexander R
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My wife and I had a one night stay at Garza Blanca that blew us away with the friendly service, excellent food and a room with Jacuzzi, hammock and ceiling fan on the patio. The king size bed was positioned to view the ocean and a large screen TV. We were so impressed with our experience the next morning we purchased two weeks a year for the coming many! If you have not seen this beachfront jewel get there before it is sold out.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Beachfront studio but there are 1, 2 and 3 bedroom suites available with complete kit...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Conroe, Texas
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We went here for a family vacation and it was fabulous. All the staff were so attentive, I wouldn't even have to ask for a new drink they already had it coming. The rooms were incredible. Very clean and lots of space. We stayed in a two bedroom suite and our parents stayed in a one bedroom, but they were all behind the same door which was very nice. While we were there we were even able to release baby sea turtles that had hatched on property. I can't imagine staying any where different in Puerto Vallarta.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lauren1209
Edmonds, Washington
Reviewed 10 May 2014

First week in P V, the welcoming when I arrived was over the top. The staff was great, food was excellent and the pool area was well maintained and attendants were happy to serve you. Looking forward to returning in October 2014.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Wayne P
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We traveled with a group of six couples in April 2014. It was an average experience. We felt safe and the rooms were very clean and spacious. Prepare yourself for excessive road noise (all night and beginning at 4 a.m.), hard sales pitch on the timeshares and a busy pool area. You will want to go down early and put a personal item on a beach chair to save your spot. We found the best food and service to be by the pool. Service in Blanca Blue was slow. The Honeymoon Suite on the end of the building is beautiful with good views and a balcony with a jacuzzi, however there is no screen, plants or anything to give you privacy. The worst part of that is that poor planning put a family unit next door to the Honeymoon Suite. We could hear the family with young children next door......and they could probably hear us:/ If you are planning your honeymoon or a couples only trip there are far more romantic and private places to stay in Mexico.

Room Tip: Building 3 honeymoon suites are on the end and all loud due to traffic noise. Honeymoon Suites by po...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 1234kiki
Costa Rica
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed three nights at the end of our mexico tour to relax (and it turned out to recover). We found Puerto Vallarta to be a lovely town, but our hotel was quite far from that part of town. However, found the service at the hotel to be outstanding. I have read where other people were disappointed; but we found the hotel to be more than fair with us. We thought we had booked all inclusive, but our confirmation said "EP" which apparently means European Plan with nothing included. We complained about the mix and management graciously offered to split the difference with us which I believe was more than fair. The concierge was excellent and very helpful. We received cool towels, a margarita and water while checking in. It was like heaven. The lobby is beautiful and everyone was so nice. We booked an ocean front two bedroom and the roar of the ocean was worth every penny. We slept like babies with the doors open and no air. The rooms were gorgeous and the maid brought a few drinks and a few beers and some water bottles to stock the room. It was less than I expected, but adequate. They also restocked when requested, but were very slow - about two hours. We complained about no hammock and they brought a few hours later and we fought over who got the hammock as it was so comfortable. The rooms were fabulous, the lotions were top rated - my favorite actually.
The only problem is that loud booms woke me up in the am. It was kind of muffled and I couldn't figure out what it was until I left the room and saw them working on the hotel across the road. I could have closed the windows, but preferred them open to the ocean. It wasn't terrible. I'm just a light sleeper.

Ok, the actually truth is that the beach sucked. it was set up nicely with chairs and food service and also beach services, but the water was filthy and I tried snorkeling but gave up cause it was too dirty to see much. We were very disappointed about the beach part although the hotel did the best they could.

Food was ok and plentiful of course. It was a little slow but not terrible. The service people were very, very nice. However, the steak house was fabulous. Our steaks were some of the best we have ever had, the restaurant was beautiful, service excellent, good wine, great steaks - we couldn't have asked for better. We were so disappointed on the second night that the steakhouse was closed for a wedding. We complained to management and they indicated that there was going to be a beach barbecue. Wow, it was great and right on the beach. live music, wine and prime rib - couldn't have been better except they forgot the horseradish. We enjoyed that almost as much as the steakhouse.
They asked us once to take the timeshare pitch and we said no and that was that. they never bothered us again. My son had a massage and said it was great. My daughter had a spa treatment and loved it. We found the management to be very responsive and the service excellent.
For a huge all-inclusive hotel, it was the best I have ever stayed at. If that's what you like - this is where you should go.

Room Tip: I loved the beach tower.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family