“Trip stay date July 02-07,2014”

Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa
Ranked #14 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
“Trip stay date July 02-07,2014”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Garza Blanca is a very nice place in excellent condition. Very comfortable and safe place. Nice beach and pool area. The food is very very good at Aquazul and Blanca Blue (breakfast buffet especially), but not impressed with BocaDos STK. The steaks are below average but the service and ambient is very good. Really nice rooms with ocean view. Stayed in tower 3 with ocean front view. We will definitely visit again.
Last but not least, the staff...AMAZING, these guys are exceptional...every one who served us in our stay.... I can not name all as I can not remember all the names... but to mention the few..... Veronica (house-maid), Cesar(Blanca Blue bartender), Guillermo A. Marin Valenzuela (entertainment and sport activity manager, Kevin (the bellman), Diana (Blanca blue afternoon receptionist), The omelette cook dude at Blanca blue (this dude, he knows my preference for the rest of my stay after the first service), Kayak and Snorkeling instructor (sorry I didn't catch his name...but he is exceptional and accommodating), many many more at Aquazul pool servers ,the golf cart drivers to the steakhouse-very accommodating and Marcel (sp??) the front desk....to mentions the few. Thank you for your amazing service. See you soon!!!!

Room Tip: tower 3 is closer for beach and pool
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (709)
Ventura, California
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We loved every moment at Garza Blanca! Our room was luxurious and comfortable with a gorgeous view of the mountains and the sea. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location is unsurpassed, very easy taxi ride into down town Puerto Vallarta. The beach and pool were so beautiful and relaxing. Our 2 teenagers enjoyed the kayaks and paddle boards at the beach. All the activities the hotel offers were wonderful. We especially had fun on the hike to the waterfalls. Our guide, Genaro, made it a lot of fun! We can't wait to return to Garza Blanca.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank lalaswanmom
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is the most amazing place to stay not only because of the amazing views and first class accommodations but because of the most amazing staff.
Some of the staff worth mentioning are:
Jessica who checked us in was just wonderful and very helpful in making our stay a great one and the reason I attended the sales presentation.
Leonardo and Migueles from Boca Dosstik who accommodated our every request.
Alan and Pablo at the pool were awesome and took care of our every need even if they had to go out of their way.
Omar,the bell staff who took care of our bags and transportation and all the rest of the golf cart drivers.
Ojilia took care of our room and kept it clean and made sure we did not run out of towels and toiletries.
Evelyn from the front desk who was always pleasant when we made our money exchanges.
Carlos and Selene took care of the rest to make us decide to be members of Garza Blanca and we are happy to be.
These are the awesome people who made our stay at Garza a great one and the reasons to come back to visit again and again in our future travels. Thank you all !

I would have rated Garza a 5 plus if not for my unpleasant experience with the Front Desk Supervisor who only knew to say the word NO in her consistently unfriendly manner. She definitely needs to take a class 101 in Customer Service and Customer Accommodation. She doesn't belong among the excellent staff of Garza. Thus,because of her is the reason why I titled my review Almost Perfect.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Athena P
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We just got back from our Puerto Vallarta trip and the experience we had was truly amazing.
I cannot say anything bad about the Garza Blance Preserve because it was like a paradise!
The hotel was very very beautiful and relaxing, the infinity pool was amazing, well maintained, super clean, and not crowded at all. The staff was absolutely very accomodating, friendly and super nice except for one customer service person named Matai or Matae (whatever).

I know that is very important to have your hotel resort customer service or front person to be nice, accomodating and very friendly but this one was rude! As soon as we arrived form the airport to the hotel and still tired from your trip the last thing you want to do is argure with a front desk personnel!
She was very rude to us and did not want to accomodate our simple request to move us to at least a one bedroom suite since we were already paying extra for one person which eaquals to a price of a one bedroom. And of course the room adjacent to our bedroom was vacant the whole time we were staying there. We were not very happy with their front desk people especially her!

But the other employees were super nice especially the bell man OSCAR, and The BOCA DOSSSTK manager and employees, the pool employees especially ALAN.They were super nice and very accomodating they make you feel very important and pampered.

The place speaks for its self so we ended up purchasing a time share with them and planning to go back again next year! We fell in loved with place so much!

Food was awesome and drinks. Even if the weather was unbearable because we went on the month of April but the pool saves us from the scorching heat. It was very relaxing and clean.
One piece of advice: once you get there start going to the Activity Center and ask for their activities becuase some of them needs to be reserved on certain days.

Thank you Garza Blance and staff for making our trip an unforgettable one!

See ya again!!!!

Nestor

Room Tip: Choose the 2 bedroom if you are a big family, it’s huge, washer & dryer, with kitchen and big fa...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nestor P
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Yes, this resort is gorgeous! BUT, the customer service is AWFUL! They don't return phone calls. They don't reply to emails. They don't follow through on promises they make. We even had problems with the maid service and when she finally came, we got major attitude from her. While we were visiting Garza Blanca last month, we had a meeting with the sales director, where we made our concerns evident. Nothing was done and nothing changed.

Room Tip: All of the rooms face the ocean, so there are no bad rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank rzman
San Diego, California
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

From the moment you walk into the lobby, you are greeted with a glass of champagne and a million dollar view! Check in is on a comfy couch, and after politely refusing any time share info ( which is what you have to do in order to avoid it!!!), we were never asked again the entire trip! Service was exemplary: the entire staff, including the GM, remembered our names from the time we arrives until we left. The food was amazing, and I highly recommend getting the all inclusive as we averaged about $400 a day in food, more than double what we paid for all inclusive. The pool areas are great. Our room was so new and clean it was like we were the first guests to stay there. We cannot wait to go back!!

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank CKCsd
Danville, California
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We ( wife and me) booked through Costco Travel and selected this resort as we wanted to stay in a 5 start resort and Garza Blanca had very good rating on tripadvisor . We were not disappointed. Excellent hotel and the best service I have every experienced in my global travels which I do a lot. The rooms and overall resort is fantastic . We stayed is room 3602A which was ocean front family suite. I have never stayed this close to ocean. Enjoyed the sound of waves etc. More importantly their each and every staff are their crown jewel. They never say no and always go out of their way to keep the guest happy. They all love their job which is reflected in interactions with guest. I want to particularly thank and appreciate the following staff for their great service

Argelia - at Concierge desk. She checked us in and through out our stay kept checking if we are enjoying and needed anything. Always had a big smile and a genuine willingness to help you a and ensure you are enjoying.
Gino- At activities desk- ( you fill find him always at the beech). He took us for kayaking an snorkeling. Very wonderful and cheerful person and never said no. Love this guy .

Tito- Our hiking guide. We love mangoes and he went out of the way and got us few mangoes from his home to give it to us. Which other resort employee will do that?

Alan- At Activities desk. He personally took us around the entire property , showed us great photo spots and took excellent pictures of me and my wife with their own camera!

Guillermo A. Marin Valenzuela- He is the activities center manager and always smiling and working to ensure guest needs are taken care. He ensured my pictures are uploaded and sent to me. Even after I came back from trip and had issues with my pictures, he responded to me and ensured my pictures are uploaded again and that I got it.

If I have missed anyone I apologies. Again this place is great because of its staff. All are best of best. Normally I never visit the same resort again but this is the one I do plan to go back again and enjoy this excellent resort and and great service from its staff.

Room Tip: 3602A (1 bedroom family Suite )
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple