“Beautiful place to eat, drink, and watch sports”
Review of Blake's Restaurant

Blake's Restaurant
Ranked #125 of 1,020 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Phoenix, Arizona
“Beautiful place to eat, drink, and watch sports”
Reviewed 21 October 2012

First, let me say that Susan & Michael Blake treated me like a family member and they just met me this trip to Puerto Vallarta. I went there the first night of my trip because I had read other reviews and another sports bar I used to go to in PV was going downhill. The first night I ordered the Cioppino. It had fish, shrimp, and mussels in a tomato saffron bisque and it was outstanding. While I was there I heard that the Chicken Cordon Bleu was the best anywhere and since I liked the atmosphere, the sports, and the company, I returned to taste the Chicken Cordon Bleu midweek. I just happened to show up on Mexican Thanksgiving and there was no Chicken Cordon Bleu. I did not suffer because the traditional turkey dinner was very well done. The Cranberry Sauce was Susan's own recipe, and it was like a home cooked thanksgiving dinner. There was to be a UFC pay per view event on Saturday night so I decided that I would return on Saturday night and get the fights and the Chicken Cordon Bleu. And by the way, the reports that it was the best anywhere were NOT exaggerated. It was great. But what I really liked was the effort that was put into getting me the fights I wanted to see. I was the only one that had asked for the fights and it would be crazy to pay the PPV price for only one person to watch the fights. Michael did some research and found the fights on a free channel with only a one hour delay. We got them on his laptop and it turned out that another couple that had just gotten into town that day saw us watching the fights and came and joined us at the laptop. Then I sat and chatted with Mike and Susan half the night. It was an outstanding night. Like I said, they treated me like family and I really appreciated it very much. If you want to have an outstanding meal and watch sports, there is no better place in Puerto Vallarta. It's in the hotel zone at Plaza Las Glorias. Take the blue bus and tell them Plaza Las Glorias and they will get you there. And even before I met the owners, the service from the waiters was as good as I've ever seen.

Cincinnati, OH
“Ate at Blake's twice”
Reviewed 18 October 2012

We ate there the first night we got to PV because of the reviews and it was close to our hotel. Our first meal was good but not spectacular. I has the shrimp wrapped in cheese and my husband had the chicken Parmesan. My shrimp were overdone. We decided to give them another try for the prime rib so we made the reservations. It was a slow night, only 4-5 reservations. Our prime rib was again OK. We had asked for it medium rare but it was closer to medium. The gravy was a little too much. Service was friendly and good but not many diners.

San Diego, CA
“Blakes Sports Bar - TOP notch food & drink”
Reviewed 17 October 2012

In Puerto Vallarta for a week, went to Blakes on Mon night to catch Mon Night Football, wife had Fettucini Alfredo, I had Pasta Carbonara - both as good as we've EVER had, can't beat their home made pasta. Found out on Mon that they have Prime Rib on Weds by reservation only, reserved our spot (only 11 available in low season). AWESOME - one of the best prime rib meals (including all the trimmings like Yorkshire pudding & top notch horsedadish) we've ever had, great beer, great tequila shots, good prices, friendly people including Mike & Sue (owners). Everything a neighborhood bar & GOOD restaurant should be - and if you're a hockey fan, you'll LOVE the memorabilia... But they have all sports on multiple TVs in a cozy atmosphere.
Marty & Tara

2 Thank Marty C
Hoffman Estates, Illinois, United States
“Fantastic Food, Atmosphere, Employees and Owners”
Reviewed 16 October 2012

My wife and I found this place by chance walking through Puerto Vallarta looking for a drink while on Vacation last year. Started talking with the owners, Sue and Michael and got a lot of great trips about what to do in town (and what not to do). They mentioned that the following day was Canadian Thanksgiving and that they were Canadian and were planning Turkey Dinner at the restaurant. We made reservations and it was absolutely incredible, they import their turkeys from Chile because they found them to be the best and juiciest and I couldn't agree more. We found ourselves stopping by on occasion throughout the week for drinks and really got to know the owners and a bunch of employees who are all excellent. Another night we went back for dinner and the Fettuccine Alfredo we had was the best I have ever had. I know, seems weird eating Fettuccine Alfredo in a Mexican Sportsbar run by Canadians but it was incredible. As the other reviewer said, their Ribs are also out of this world.
This year we made reservations to go back to Puerto Vallarta and had to stop in again for some more wonderful food. Before I even walked in the door some of the employees working tables outside saw my wife and I and immediately remembered us, it's like an extended family. Can't say enough good things about this place, I like to travel to various places but this restaurant and their food make me want to keep going back to PV - forget the rest of the world!

1 Thank Mike A
Santa Barbara, California
“Pretty good food”
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I went to Blake's last night, and had a good meal of a greens salad, Bolognese spaghetti and Parmasean bread. The service was friendly, although one of the guys went a little too far in the personal question area which I found kind of weird and uncomfortable. The salad was really good and refreshing, I opted for no beets. I sat outside and didn't get eaten by any bugs, and it was fairly entertaining watching the people walk by and all the crazy drivers.
The spaghetti was good, the sauce was all meat (it was good) and nearly no tomatoes. It was a huge portion! The bread was good, the parm cheese seemed like it was out of one of those tubular cans you sprinkle on stuff, although that is never bad, just not gourmet. It was a satisfying meal, and filling too. I would recommend it to people who want to go watch a game, or eat a good, no fluff meal. It's not fancy, but it is good.

1 Thank 805Robin