“Outstanding Food, Outstanding Owners.”
Review of Blake's Restaurant

Blake's Restaurant
Ranked #99 of 1,047 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We wanted to watch the 11:00 AM world cup game and so we showed up at Blake's at 11:00. They were setting up but were not opening until 11:30. However, Mike set up a TV for us and put the game on and started us with drinks even though they weren't ready for guests yet. This is not the first time Mike has gone out of his way to accommodate my sports wishes. Mike and Susan are always friendly to me and my guests when I come to Blake's. The service here is exceptional every time. But that's not the best part. I tried a sandwich I had not eaten before, the Italian Chicken Club sandwich. I have never had a sandwich quite like it and it was fabulous. It has kind of a pesto seasoning and I loved it. My buddy had the fish tacos (which I've had before) and he said they were outstanding too. This is another restaurant I will always go back to for the service and food combined as well as for the fact that is a great place to watch sports as they will go out of their way to make sure you see the event you want to see. It is always a great bonus to go somewhere where the staff, all the way to the top, treat you like family. I recommended this place to several people while I was in PV and I always do and always will.

1  Thank david760

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We went to Blake's when we just wanted something different from our resort. The menu is good 'ol Canadian fare including putine! Service was fast and friendly. They had CTV and TSN on the tv so it felt good to get a little content from home. I had the Chicken Parmesean and my boyfriend had the crab stuffed prawns wrapped in bacon. Both were very good. Recommend this for at lease one meal during your trip.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We came here one night and the food was decent, nothing that great. Definitely worth going if you are in the area, but I wouldn't go more than once.

The margaritas were good and strong and we really liked the service.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Asked the hotel concierge for a place to watch the Stanley Cup Finals, he recommended Blake's .

I can't tell you how much fun it was. First I was solo, and just really wanted to catch the game, I was welcomed by the staff got a great table in front of the screen and a fan blowing in my face. That's a good thing that night.

As the first goal was scored I heard about 8 people cheering, outside. I knew they were cheering for my team, because my team scored. I was quickly invited to join my new hockey fans from Canada the US and Mexici.

Ordered the fish and chips figured it was pretty safe and it was great, the beer was the coldest around, the guacamole made fresh and the chips were pretty exceptional, and everyone got along.

The staff was great not pushy, my glass was only empty when I wanted it to be. Exceptional service.

Heading back again for game 2

1  Thank AARDVARKKILLER
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The last time I was in Puerto Vallarta was in 2007, and I don't think it was a full restaurant back then, but just a very cool, low-key Canadian sports bar. I was staying in a Hotel in the same complex, and wandered in my first night in town, looking for a place close by to grab a drink. Immediately, the owners, and a group of visitors from Seattle invited me to come sit with them and watch a Monday Night Football game. Over the course of the next 4 days, I always started my nights off here with a few rounds. Their prices were good, and the owners were really cool about throwing in a taste, on the house, of their house tequila (which was pretty damn good). As an American, I've always thought we were lucky to have Mexico to our South and Canada to our North. Both countries have some of the best, friendliest people on Earth, and this place is a great combination and proof of that. Great owners, great staff. Just an incredibly warm and friendly place, and a good spot to have some drinks and watch a game. They show all the favorite Canadian and American sports, including the CFL and NHL, both of which are probably hard to find in Mexico. Can't say enough good things about this place.

1  Thank TravelHardHaveFun