“First night in P.V.”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Just had a great dinner at Blakes. The special of the night was Filet Mignon (150 pesos). Presented beautifully, cooked perfectly and absolutely delicious. Service was great and one daughter received (gratis) a specially prepared fruit plate because she chose to have her filet prepared without all of the trimmings.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We first met Susan and Mike in 2009 and make a point of stopping in at Blake's as often as we can when we are in PV.
My wife and I celebrated our 25th anniversary while vacationing in PV this past June.
As part of our 25th anniversary celebration I contacted Susan at Blake's prior to our arrival in PV on June 17 and made a reservation for ten of us. I mentioned to Susan that my wife and I were celebrating 25 years married and she prepared a beautiful table for us. The chicken wings were phenomenally good, and the meals were simply excellent. I had the filet mignon (excellent cut and perfectly cooked) and several in our group ordered the crab cakes, which I am told "are to die for" (I don't eat fish). Kudos to Susan and Mike, Carlos and Pablo, and the kitchen staff for not only excellent food and service, but for making a truly memorable anniversary experience. We try to get down to PV at least twice a year (December and June) and look forward to catching up with Mike and Susan. We are counting down until our next visit to PV (sooner rather than later hopefully). Blake's is one of our favourite restaurant-bars in PV and we will be back. Thank you again for welcoming us, making us feel like family, and putting together a classy and wonderful evening in celebration of our 25th.

1  Thank JandS1968
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We wanted to watch the 11:00 AM world cup game and so we showed up at Blake's at 11:00. They were setting up but were not opening until 11:30. However, Mike set up a TV for us and put the game on and started us with drinks even though they weren't ready for guests yet. This is not the first time Mike has gone out of his way to accommodate my sports wishes. Mike and Susan are always friendly to me and my guests when I come to Blake's. The service here is exceptional every time. But that's not the best part. I tried a sandwich I had not eaten before, the Italian Chicken Club sandwich. I have never had a sandwich quite like it and it was fabulous. It has kind of a pesto seasoning and I loved it. My buddy had the fish tacos (which I've had before) and he said they were outstanding too. This is another restaurant I will always go back to for the service and food combined as well as for the fact that is a great place to watch sports as they will go out of their way to make sure you see the event you want to see. It is always a great bonus to go somewhere where the staff, all the way to the top, treat you like family. I recommended this place to several people while I was in PV and I always do and always will.

1  Thank david760
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We went to Blake's when we just wanted something different from our resort. The menu is good 'ol Canadian fare including putine! Service was fast and friendly. They had CTV and TSN on the tv so it felt good to get a little content from home. I had the Chicken Parmesean and my boyfriend had the crab stuffed prawns wrapped in bacon. Both were very good. Recommend this for at lease one meal during your trip.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We came here one night and the food was decent, nothing that great. Definitely worth going if you are in the area, but I wouldn't go more than once.

The margaritas were good and strong and we really liked the service.