“The atmosphere matches the food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dante Ristorante - CLOSED

Dante Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
San Francisco, California
“The atmosphere matches the food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

The view from Dante i stunning to say the least and the food is a perfect match to the view. Add to that Roberto's friendliness and willing to please and you cant go wrong.

Have you ever been told that substitutions are not welcome?..........Not at Dante. Mix and match anything you like.

• Visited August 2013

Antwerp, Belgium
“Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

Garlic bread very tasteful.
Good choice of affordable wines.
Calamares fritos to share was delicious.
Good service and free limonceli without any taste.
Next time we skip the free offered limonceli !

Winnipeg
“not our favourite.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013

While the food was good, our waiter was impatient and not all that helpful. It was our only visit to the marina, so we enjoyed the scenery but would not return because of the service. Our risotto was very tasty and dessert was good, but we just didn't love the atmosphere.

1 Thank sjm1183
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Solid Italian, with a great view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

The food was good, Not the best I've ever had, but nowhere near the worst. (And, I'm picky about Italian!)
Very attentive service.
Beautiful views of the marina from the large patio seating area.

Philadelphia, PA,
“Pass it by”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

I have traveled to Puerto Vallarta about 12 times and never had a poor meal until now. I have walked the Marina and passed Dante's and figured I would go in some time as it always had a crowd. This night I passed up some of my favorites and we went in. What a mistake. It was not the they were not nice, in fact everyone there was great. Nothing seemed to go right from the start. Two waiters came by after the first to take our drink order. Ok, so they are a little disorganized . The guy at the next table was chain smoking the whole time so that put a damper on things. The bruschetta came out, tasty enough, but the bread was embarrassing stale. So was the bread basket delivered with it. So much that you could not eat the tasteless garlic and oil served with it. My Caesar salad was average and my wife's beet salad just ok too. I ordered a special, risotto with chicken and mushrooms and my wife ordered chicken with angle hair and pomadoro My risotto was so creamy it was in edible and my wife's pomadoro sauce was watery and tasted like it came from a can. Again, the service was pleasant enough. I have a dislike for restaurants in Mexico where street people are allowed to roam around and sell flowers or play songs for you in exchange for money. Is was continuous throughout the meal so we just decided to leave after out meal and not stay for coffee or desert. We were offered some complimentary limoncello and accepted. Had to be the worst I have ever tasted anywhere. It was definitely home made by someone who did not have a clue. With so many fine Italian restaurants in Puerto Vallarta, I don't know why I went here.

2 Thank Quikag54