“Superb”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I can not say enough about our night and meal at Dante Restorante. There were six of us who went for dinner and non of us were disappointed. The meal was tasty and we got excellent service from our waiter. The wine was from Chili and was excellent as well. I would go there again.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

This year, as in the previous 6 years, we went for dinner at Dante with friends. Instead of reasonably priced, decent tasting Italian cuisine all of our meals tasted and looked like warmed up leftovers from previous days. Two of us had the "SPECIAL" fish in a white wine sauce. The dry fish must have been thirsty for waiting around so long to be consumed that he drank all the wine sauce. My wife's Seafood Linguini barely resembled and never tasted what was promised. My friend, who makes a really fantastic Risotto himself wanted to try their version. Big mistake! Dryed up rice with overcooked seafood. And to add insult to injury the wine we ordered was "out-of-stock" but a $10.00 higher priced wine was conveniently available. Several of the "Daily Specials" were not available either. At 19:00 hours?
When we confronted the owner a week later (he was not there on Monday) on our return from Victor's (great place) he just shrugged his shoulders and suggested that we should have returned the food if it was not acceptable. Some apology and sure, just to get the same junk served again.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Dinner only made worse by constant smoking by the owner and his friends. Very slow service. The food, Cesar salad with so much garlic it smelled before it got to the table. Not much different with the bruschetta . Risotto Fruta di mare had clams that were full of sand, making the rise gritty, not really creamy cheese risotto, more like bad Paella. Stay away from the fish, the day we were there it had a fishy smell. Good wine selection, the pasta dishes (3) were over cooked. If you like al dente make sure you ask someone who knows what it means. There are 3 Italian restaurants at the Marina, all were full, Dante was empty, should have known.!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Excellent food and excellent service. I've actually visited Italy and the food here is very similar. They've tried very hard to make it as Italian as they can. Bread and oil and vinegar was great and the main dishes are good sizes. Chicken with prosciutto was amazing! But then again anything with prosciutto is great! Was tipped off by a local for this place and was not disappointed.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Negatives: I should have known this would be a bad experience when at 7:30 during Christmas week, there was only 1 other couple in the restaurant. The waiter kept disappearing and I had to ask for water 3 separate times. The portions were small and the sauce in the gnocchi tasted awfully fishy. To top it all off, when I went to pay my bill, the waiter told me that my credit card had been declined. Although the restaurant says that they accept American Express and have an Amex bifold, they were having "issues with the bank" my family was told. When I handed the owner of the restaurant my MasterCard, again, the machine would not work. The owner of the restaurant kept saying that this was not his problem. Clearly, this restaurant had credit issues as the banks have caught on to this pathetic excuse of a restaurant. When I went back to my hotel to tell them about the experience, they said they never recommend anyone goes there anyway. Serves me right for trying to venture outside the box. ***tourists beware

Positives: walking distance from hotel, right along the marina, diverse menu

1  Thank Bryan3612002