“Great if you don't stay much time inside your room or hotel.”
Review of Hotel Belmar

Hotel Belmar
Ranked #58 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Mexico City
“Great if you don't stay much time inside your room or hotel.”
Reviewed 11 November 2009

Greatest price/value hotel I've stayed. For less than 30 USD I got a room with a bathroom. It even included towels. It's a great clean place if you want to stay in PV and walk around. The beach is 15 min walking. Close to everything, including nightlife. The friendly staff can help you with the buses, great places, and to enjoy the town. I've you have some disability, please look somewhere else. Not wheelchair accessible. No elevator. Tip: choose an interior room, as the street in front of this hotel is quiet nosy from early in the morning.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank phil_websurfer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Canada
Reviewed 6 August 2009

We are budget travelors. We don't need much. Good price. Clean. Safe. This met all of our expectations and more. Great location. It was a pleasure staying here.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank AJ999999
Morelia
Reviewed 18 June 2009

I made reservations at the Hotel Belmar because I had stayed there before and it was ok. Many hotels in PV have huge discounted rates since the "Flu scare". I called for the rates and was told that every third night was free (33 1/3 discount for three days) and was quoted a 350 pesos rate w/o AC (that is another 60 pesos). I checked in and paid for 2 nights plus 180 pesos more for AC. OK. The AC went out during the first night. The front desk people were very noisy. - laughing, joking, etc., Repairs going on began at 8 am, hammering etc. and so on. Total disregard for the customers in the hotel. On the third day I went to pay for another 3 day stay. They would not give me the third night free so I told them that was not what I was told when I called for reservations. I said would check out and go to another hotel that offered 50% discounts, that were better and cheaper. They gave me the third night. This used to be a good place to stay.

Do your homework; there are better cheaper places in PV.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank PatzMorelia
The Americas
Reviewed 30 May 2009

Stayed here for 10 days in February. Great location, walk to everything in Old Town - restaurants, bars, taco stands, the beach. Rooms are very clean. Hotel is artsy and hip in a non-pretentious way. Staff was helpful and courteous. What a steal in Puerto Vallarta! Loved it! See photos and a more thorough review at http://blog.cultofthecougar.com/2009/02/12/puerto-vallarta.aspx

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank queencoug
Seattle
Reviewed 28 February 2009

This room turned out to be great. We came in late at night, with a baby, and don't speak much spanish. So, keep in mind: no elevator, no english, and not in any sort of "touristy" neighborhood. They were very kind and we got exactly what we were looking for: not an american chain hotel. It is on the corner of 2 busy bus lines. Mexican busses are big gear-jamming trucks. This didn't bother us, but might if you have sleep issues. I would only recommend this hotel to our traveller friends, not our tourist friends...

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank MargiOntheGo
Texas
Reviewed 24 February 2009

I stayed at Hotel Belmar in January for a week. I have to tell you the staff is wonderful. Especially Cynthia who is the night Front Desk receptionist. Everyday she had a great big smile on her face and always went out of her way to make sure all of the guests were taken care of. I also want to thank Maria Jose (the owner). I had a small mixup with my reservation and Maria took care of it promptly. I look forward to seeing you all again on my next trip to Vallarta.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank MeEncantaVallarta
Chicago
Reviewed 23 February 2009

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in February 2009. We made a reservation via internet, and requested a double bed and balcony facing the street. This turned out to be very noisy, having the balcony facing the street.

We had booked the mid-range-priced room which was about 650 pesos. The room was brightly painted in hot pink and yellow and green, very cheery and clean. But the noise coming from the street into the night was so loud, that we decided to move to a different hotel that was quieter. If the room was less money, we might have stayed, but 650 pesos was too much for such a noisy room.

So we moved to the Hotel Azteca which was clean, simple, not as colorful and no balcony, but much, much quieter, and only 350 pesos.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple