“Alright, not worth the hype. ”

Hotel Rio Malecon Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #35 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Juneau, Alaska
“Alright, not worth the hype. ”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I was super stoked to stay here because it had awesome reviews. But it didn't end up being that great. It was clean (except for numerous dead bugs in the bathroom), and had air conditioning which was really nice. Maids were friendly, and the pool & lounge area outside was pleasant. Location of hotel was also great.
The men working at the front desk were kind of rude. The wifi only worked in one small area of the room. No late checkout. More expensive than I was hoping.
It's a good hotel. But not super great.

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Fontana
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We went to puerto Vallarta on a family vacation and we can honestly say that this hotel and the staff is amazing. Made all of us feel at home and they where "ALL" so welcoming. We would like to say especially thank u Ulyses, he was very friendly and very nice at the front. Also to all the entire staff, EVERYONE I mean EVERYONE was so friendly. If anyone is looking for a friendly, welcoming, home feel place we would definetly recommend "Hotel Rio Malecon" rooms are nice and most importantly all the staff was great . Oh and did I mention the food is amazing as well :) kuddos to the amazing chef
* can't wait to come back :))

- Familia Hernandez (victorio hernandez and family)

• Stayed July 2014
zvictor, Gerente at Hotel Rio Malecon Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear Hernandez Family; Allow me to express our sincere thanks for sharing with us your generous comments about our services, there's nothing like knowing that our guests had a wonderful and memorable stay during their visit.
Thanks again for your feedback and we will be an honor to welcome you back to Hotel Rio Malecon.
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I just don't have enough words to describe the over the top service received by all the staff at Rio Malecon. I recently stayed here with my children and it was just the best place I could have stayed at, it is very close to the ocean, transportation, food and to all kinds of shopping and tourist areas. The room was comfortable and very clean. Late Check out was also available, always a plus when traveling with children. I recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Juana L
zvictor, Gerente at Hotel Rio Malecon Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear visitor,

Allow me to express my sincere thanks for sharing with us your generous comments about our services and facilities. There's nothing like knowing that our guests had a wonderful and memorable stay. Thanks for your feedback and we will be an honor to welcome you back to Hotel Rio Malecon.

Sincerely yours,
Guadalupe M. Ramírez
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I will start by saying that I am not the type to leave reviews of any of the places (Hotels/Places) that we visit yearly...that is just the way I roll! Having said that I will have to make an exception on this wonderful, comfortable and well centralized hotel. You can literally walk everywhere and see everything in Old Town and beyond from this location with ease. The bus stop is one block or two depending on the direction that you are going but you don't need to take one unless you are going far.

We have visited P.V about fourteen times since last July and I think we have stayed at Hotel Rio about ten times. Keep in mind that we have also stayed at other hotels within the same visit and have ended up back at Hotel Rio. Why? Because the rooms are very comfortable and the staff is very friendly and accommodating. We normally stay in room 108 which is one of the upgraded rooms with the king size bed and kitchenette. This is the place where I sleep the best comparing it to other hotels that I have stayed at in Puerto Vallarta.

Ok, we now move to the Coexist cafe. I don't think that we have had one meal that has not satisfied us. The food is excellent in this well modern decorated restaurant with a great atmosphere while you are enjoying your cocktails and meals with air conditioning watching extreme sports videos on a nice LCD TV.

I'd like to add that Hotel Rio is a lot better than many hotels costing more per night, even surpassing many hotels here in the U.S.

This review has been long due and I will close stating that this is a well balanced hotel that provides comfortable rooms, great service and good value for your money.

I'd like to thank the entire staff of Hotel Rio and Coexist Cafe for their kindness and great service particularly Ulyses.

Here are some of the other names: Saul, Andres, Rigo, Nacho, Bengi, Aldo, Navi, Rosita, Ricardo and everyone else that I am not mentioning.

Rafi Amelio

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FadedDeception
zvictor, Director General at Hotel Rio Malecon Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Rafi,

Reviews like yours are the reason why we love our work and keep our team spirit high at the HotelRIo/Coexistcafe.
I can not thank you enough for your wonderful review, I just shared it at the staff meeting and there were many watery eyes. thank you very much for sharing your experience it means all to US.
We look forward to welcoming you again.

Sincerely Yours,
Victor Zamorano
Porto Alegre, RS
Reviewed 30 May 2014

It was a very good experience staying at Rio Malecon. The location is excelent, walking distance from almost anything in the center and also a couple of blocks from where you take the buses to anywhere south of Puerto Vallarta of up north to Riviera Nayarit. The staff was good and helpful and the bedroom very confortable. I definetely recommend. But don't forget to tip the maid because we ended up with no shampoo reposition. :P

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

If ur not looking for ocean front this hotel is great. Salt water pool and great restaurant, one block away from it all! walked in no res. got a great deal 45 usd low season plus early check in late out

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stephen d
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Jon and I stayed at Hotel Rio Malecon in February and we were extremely pleased! I contacted Daniel in November 2013 to book a room for our Christmas/Valentines Day getaway and he was fantastic! Whenever I had a question, as this was my first time in Mexico he was always there to guide me through! From arriving at the airport, transportation and checking in the staff was incredible. The room was gorgeous! We booked a king size suite with a full kitchenette, clean sheets, nice bed, awesome pillows - it was fantastic. Rosie cleaned our room every day and then some! We had used some dishes and figured we would clean them later, she cleaned them for us! How amazing is that?! Only down fall I would say is that the pool was right in the middle, and we never saw anyone swimming in it. Minor, it was a fantastic feature for the hotel and the attached restaurant. Location wise was also amazing! A block away from the Malecon, easy access to everywhere! We were blown away with everything, what a fantastic experience. Jon and I plan on staying here again the next time we travel to PV and we will always highly recommend this hotel. Thank you Hotel Rio Malecon! We will see you again soon!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
zvictor, Propietario at Hotel Rio Malecon Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Nicole and Jon,
I am very happy and pleased to read your positive review, it is so nice to learn that you had a positive experience in your first visit to my country.
I have personally congratulated Daniel on his awesome follow up to your reservation. I am also very happy that you liked so much our rooms in the superior category. these superior rooms are the result of a great team effort and we are all very thrilled that you enjoyed your stay in one of them. thank you again for your review, it means a lot to all of us. : )
Thank YOU!!!! and see you soon!!!
Victor Zamorano