“Great location”
Review of Eloisa Hotel

Eloisa Hotel
Ranked #105 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I recently spent two weeks at this hotel while doing some volunteer work in PV.
Dora the front desk receptionist was always very pleasant and helpful. Room was clean and reasonably quiet given the discos nearby that stay open till the wee hours.
I would definitely stay there again and probably will book for next year soon. The Page in the Sun next door was a great place to get morning coffee as they open every day at 730 am.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Diane G

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Me and my wife have been staying at Hotel Eloisa for at least three weeks every year for the past 16 years and every year seems better than the last. It is family run and they make you feel like part of their family while there. Lilly at the front desk is one of the nicest, helpful persons you will ever meet. She speaks English and is always there for your requests. Our maid Reina was excellent, I felt like I was a kid again and my mom was cleaning my room for me.
The hotel location could not be better. It is located one block from the beach. You can walk to all types of different retaurants . You can get a room with a balcony which will have a great view of the beach and the mountains. Since they built suites six years ago I have been staying in them. The suites are comparable to an Embassy Suite. The cable tv has some stations with movies and shows in English. The free breakfast, which is on the roof with a great view of the ocean and the moutains, is tasty. In the 16 years that I have been going to Puerto Vallarta I have never thought of staying anywhere else. This is also the first time that I have ever felt the need to write a review about anywhere that I have been to.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nick7132014
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed just the one night en route to our final destination. This is a very basic budget hotel but the room was clean and the beds were comfortable - exactly what we were looking for. As budget travellers, we didn't expect amenities like TV, phone, or toiletries so we weren't disappointed.

Our room opened onto a central courtyard but more expensive rooms have outside windows. Hot water was plentiful for a shower. There are two small pools - one in the shaded courtyard and another on the roof. A light but very paletable breakfast was served on the rooftop deck.

The big plus for this hotel is the location - mere steps from the beach and south end of the Malecon, and across the street from the Lazaro Cardenas Plaza. In the evening, there was an English language concert in the plaza so we had to look long and hard for local entertainment in Spanish. On Saturday morning, there was an interesting market of what looked like ex-pat vendors.

Would I return? In a heart-beat! Excellent value for money.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank AlexFamily
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Pros: good location, close to Los Muertos Beach, shopping, restaurants, bars, all within walking distance, park & school across the street.
Old Colonial style building with small pool by front lobby & lovely rooftop pool. Free breakfast by upper pool which has basic continental fare: fruit, yogurt, dry cereal, fruit juice milk, tea, coffee, pastries.
Great staff at breakfast & housekeeping staff very friendly & attentive. Very clean.
Good place to meet other budget minded international travellers, many are Canadians.

Bare bones budget Mexican hotel.

Cons: Very old hotel in need of major renovation. Old metal shower curtain rod fell down with 1st use. Exposed electric wires in various locations throughout easily accesible by children. No visible smoke detectors or fire sprinklers.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank greenlady
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This hotel is very OLD and cute but we only stayed night because we had another reservation somewhere else. The hotel is literally a block from the beach and restaurants. The beach is VERY ROCKY and be prepared to stub your toes. The hotel staff is AMAZINGLY nice and helpful. We checked in at 12:30AM and the guy working the desk was extremely helpful on where to find something to eat. The free "breakfast" in the morning is as basic as white paint. They have some warm fruit and warm milk for cereal. The room was cute and okay…the bathroom was indeed of facelift. MAKE SURE YOU PUT YOUR TOILET PAPER IN THE TRASH AND NOT IN THE TOILET…HAHA!! We booked a room with an AC but they gave us a room with a fan which is completely okay because we opened the window and it gets cool at night. SO long story short you get what you pay for!! :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Our group of 30 people stayed at the Eloisa for one night after flying in to PV airport, before taking a boat to Yelapa. It was perfect for this. As others have stated, the hotel is basic but clean. I did have ac in my room, which I used before dinner, but didn't need later. Beds were comfortable and shower worked well. No amenities like shampoo, lotion, phone or TV, but for one night it didn't matter. Location is fabulous, half a block from the beach, easy access to shopping and to the pier where you get boats to other locations. Little park right across the street has market on the weekends with all kinds of fabulous vendors. Free breakfast was certainly adequate, and eating it on the rooftop was a treat. Staff was friendly and helpful. If I were staying for a week, I might want someplace a little more luxurious, but it was great for one night, and I would certainly go back again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SactoSuzy
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Hotel Eloisa is small, clean, friendly, no frills but good value accomodations for those who do not need the big chain hotel experience. Located in front of a park, and steps away from the ocean you are located in a perfect spot to explore PV. I could walk to my favorite spot on the beach, had choices of many restaurants and was a short walk from the old center of Vallarta where the old Catholic Church and the main Zocolo reminds one of PV's small beginnings. In addition the hotel offers security boxes for valuables, has good wi fi service, can arrange laundry service, an ok continental breakfast and can help arrange trips to see attractions in the area. The negatives are few: no telephones in the rooms, no shampoo, just ok mattresses, and the non air conditioned rooms which I prefer have their bathrooms that are all connected to a common air shaft. Occassionally you can hear others talking, the sound of a hair dryer, etc. But these are minor conveniences for given the price, location, and overall experience. I notice many Europeans favor this hotel and Americans and Canadians who do not need the luxury hotel chain experience.

Room Tip: My first time here, so cannot advise. I chose the European plan, which included an overhead fan as...