“Great location, good price”
Review of Eloisa Hotel

Eloisa Hotel
Ranked #102 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 14 July 2014

On our last visit to Puerto Vallarta we stayed up north but we liked everything in Zona Romantica so much we spent all our time down there. This time we looked for a place to stay right on Los Muertos beach and we found the Eloisa Hotel. The location can't be beaten. Exit the hotel turn right and walk about 100 steps and you're on Los Muertos. And so many great places to eat within just couple blocks and an Oxxo on just about every corner.

This was our first visit in the summer and the hotel was fairly empty. We had the entire rooftop pool and terrace to ourselves each morning - great views. No breakfast is served during the offseason, though. We used the lobby pool a couple times too so we could sit in the shade while our little girl swam.

We upgraded to a "suite" which had a kitchenette and living room -- very spacious. Overall, a pretty nice layout with a balcony with a "water view" -- if you look sideways along the building. Yes, we faced the park. Yes, there was a morning Zumba class that other reviewers complained about but the music didn't bother as at all - in fact, it was quite nice. The room is NOT luxurious and it's NOT modern. But everything seemed in good repair and well cleaned. The only complaint was there was no hot water out entire stay. We asked the front desk about it but it never did get fixed the whole time we were there. When it rained (it was rainy season) there was a 27" flat screen with cable TV and about 100 channels (about 8 english-speaking) and the free Wi-Fi in the room was pretty good out in the living/dining room but was strangely weak in the bedroom. There were two A/C units and several powerful ceiling fans that worked so well that my wife even complained it was too cold in the room a few times at night.

Next time, I might look for a different hotel with a little more luxury if it's near the same area and if I go in the summer. In the winter, it doesn't rain as much so we are almost never in the room anyway and this hotel would be perfect (if it had hot water).

Room Tip: Upgrade to the suite - it's worth it. Go to Oxxo and get all your drinks and refrigerate. Brin...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Expat28

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed in a suite for a month (Mar-Apr) have no complaints. I especially loved sitting on the balcony and watching life go on in the park. Location cannot be beat. Staff were friendly and helpful. cleaning staff were exceptional. I highly recommend this option for budget travelers like ourselves. Park was very quiet after 10pm and no boom boom noise at night. Kitchens do not have a microwave, but I knew that.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jkatelier
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Our first visit to PV and this hotel was great! Amazing staff, very friendly. Standard Rms a little small so we quickly upgraded to a suite. Great space, with gorgeous views of the park and ocean. EXCELLENT location to the beach, shops and nightlife. Room had a little kitchen and nice size fridge. Two pools including a lovely roof terrace (where breakfast is served daily). Would definitely recommend this hotel, if you want a little more quiet and privacy than some of the beach resorts in the Romantic District.

Room Tip: Suites are much more comfy, spotty WiFi coverage toward front of hotel but great views.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I was only there for one night waiting to get a condo. They have regular rooms and suites. I read a few reviews about the regular rooms and they seemed a little too regular for me. I had a suite and for 1 person it was very large. Everything was very clean and the staff was very helpful and polite. Large living room, king size bed in the bedroom, balcony and kitchette. Less than a block to the Malecon. Everything was very nice about this hotel. Also included breakfast at the rooftop pool area. I would stay there again. At least two air conditioners in the suite that worked extremely well. It's a great value.

Room Tip: Suites seemed to be higher up then the regular rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 March 2014

There are very mixed reviews on Eloisa. I stayed for 2 weeks and enjoyed it. The room was fine, shower worked great, beds just as comfortable as anywhere else, I was on the first floor and faced the park (which is what I asked for) and I loved it (I use earplugs almost anywhere I go and sometimes at home). I walk with a cane and I loved the area and the businesses close by and enjoyed the Saturday morning market across the street.

The rooftop pool, sunning area and morning breakfasts were all I required and enjoyed meeting great people there. All the staff I met were very helpful - if I wanted wash cloths, shower mat, more towels, I just asked my housekeeper and she was great.

My only cons to this property were that you can't rent a fridge for your room which I really enjoy having and that I had to take a step outside my room to get wifi (which was better than the previous and more expensive place I had moved from where I couldn't get it at all and had to go to a coffee shop down the block).

I met people and saw their suite which would be exactly what I would love to stay in for about 3 months next year but was quoted about $33,000+pesos per month which is way out of my price range. :(

I stayed in PV for 6 weeks at 3 hotels for 2 weeks each. Hotel Eloisa would be my first pick especially if I could get a fridge or a suite was more affordable.

I am looking for a long term place and have specific requirements due to my needs...pool or area to suntan, elevator, clean, safe, no hills or stairs to climb and in Zona Romantica/Old Town area. :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank DebiLynn706
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

The pictures are not at all representative of the rooms. They are dim, old faded bedding, and the beds are terribly uncomfortable. They supply you with 2 clean towels a day, but no wash cloths. The shower floods the whole bathroom floor, which is fine as long as you don't set your towel outside the shower on the floor. During the week it is a pretty quiet place to be. The weekend is terrible. There are kids running through the halls screaming at all hours of the night, and starts back up at 6 a.m. you can also hear your neighbors have conversations or take a pee. The positives? Great central location with a wonderful view! The cleaning staff does a great job as well.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 March 2014

The only positive about this hotel is the great central location. We purchased an offer on cupocity.com - supposedly a $1600+ peso room for only $675. The photos in the offer were of bright, cheery rooms with colorful furniture and bedding. The room we were given was drab and dreary, only 1 overhead light with no lamps, and the only window opened into the interior courtyard. The AC was from a window-style AC unit but it was in a closet, not a window, so presumably sucking air from some air duct that who-knows-when-was-cleaened-last? 2 hours in the room left me and my husband sniffling and sneezing from the mustiness. When we complained at the front desk and asked of the possibility of moving to a street-facing room with an outdoor terrace, we were told there was nothing they could offer. The posted rates at the front desk stated $946 for the standard room we were in - but the offer we purchased was for a room valued at $1600+pesos. Learned our lesson here - if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family