“Great place to stay!”

Emperador Vallarta Beachfront Hotel & Suites
Ranked #63 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 17 November 2012

This hotel is in a great location, in old town. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly, particularly Ian - who really went out of his way to remember us and chat. Pretty good sense of humour too! We stayed at the beginning of a week to PV, for 2 nights - then off to Sayulita for a few days before returning to stay our last night prior to returning back to Canada. Both rooms were clean and comfortable, however on the last night our mattress must have been new! So comfortable, and not as hard as the first mattress. We really enjoyed the staff in the restaurant below - Si Senor - as well. Very friendly and accommodating. The chairs and tables beach side are comfortable and the chilaquiles for breakfast were perfect. We would not hesitate to recommend this place at all. All the rooms on the front/ocean side of the hotel are kitchen units - we didn't stay in one but they are clean and well appointed - would have enjoyed that very much.

There is a rooftop lounge area that is also clean, comfortable and gives a marvelous view of the sunset over the ocean.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a newer bed! So comfy ....
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KGGFamily

Reviewed 6 November 2012

The hotel is a decent place to stay if you are looking for the basics. The hotel was exceptionally clean and the bed and bedding was cozy and great to get a good nights sleep. As for the location, its a perfect place to have everything close by. One of the benefits are the free wifi in the lobby 24 hours a day and a great price for a great stay! P.S. The staff and friendly as well!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Scottieg888
Reviewed 1 November 2012

This is our third time staying here and have had excellent stay each time. I would recommend staying here if you are traveling to Vallarta. The room was clean and well kept. Claudia at the front desk was able to guide us to the best room.

Room Tip: The best views are from the corner suites.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Picassomendez
Reviewed 12 October 2012

After taking some time to decide on a hotel from home we decided on this one it is very affordable everyone is helpful and friendly especially Ian at the front desk they helped us in all the ways we needed even let me make a free local phone call and helped me get a taxi to pick me up there, gave us discount bracelets to the restaurant and has great access to the beach a bit far from the party zone but not too bad it was a great experience!!

Room Tip: Beachfront view is worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank eli129
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Someone mentioned "hospital type televisions" in their review, and I laughed, because I never noticed if there was a television at all! (And looking back, I still can't remember.) This hotel brings simplicity and beauty together like no other. Great oceanview rooms, great price, great staff, wonderful restaurant. I missed my flight and on the way back from the airport, I let the taxi driver talk me into staying at Los Arcos for that one final night. It's down the street from the Emperador and I had walked by many times and seen the beautiful swimming pool from the entrance, so I thought I'd give it a try. That experience (wristbands, screaming children, no wifi, hundreds of balconies jammed next together like the chairs at the pool, etc. etc.) really drove home how wonderful the Emperador is. Quiet, private, simple. There isn't a swimming pool, but I learned from my experience at Los Arcos that a swimming pool equals hundreds of screaming kids. Anyway, the beach is outside the door, so who needs a swimming pool? The Emperador is definitely my new favorite hotel in PV.

Room Tip: Ask for beach-facing balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shannie_p
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a week at the end of May 2012 . We upgraded to the oceanfront room and I would recommend that to everybody, since other rooms are facing street, which is not that pretty. I liked simple Mexican style room furniture, large balcony and simple modern reception area. Since we sleep on a harder bed at home, I had no problem at all. The service in front desk was outstanding. You have to be careful in the city asking people questions, like what to do and where to go, because you may end up in the time share presentation, so front desk was very safe and helpful guide to all our activities. I want to mention a receptionist Ian, who was like our "personal guide" giving us all the tips we needed. The restaurant downstairs is a little pricey, but one of the best in town, offering high end food and service. I was so grateful that we didn't take all inclusive hotel, since food is amazing and not expensive in general and most all inclusive hotels are located near marina or in Nuevo Vallarta, where is nothing to do besides the hotel amenities and you need to take taxi every time you want to go out to the old town. I didn't see any pool in the hotel, but who needs it, when a warm ocean is just feet away? One thing I would suggest, is to use the beach further from the hotel, towards residential area, where are less sales people trying to sell you something (the hotel is located towards the end of luxury beach restaurant's row, where is a lot of action).
The old town area is very safe, (we walked all over until 1AM many times), trendy (a lot of art galleries, restaurants) and full of life.

Room Tip: I highly recommed upgrading to ocean front rooms. It is the same price if you upgrade online or at t...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank editukes
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I'm in the process of planning our next PV vacation. My previous rating of 3 must have been an error. All I can say to the reviewers who bad mouth the Emperador is:

1. You were probably not staying in one of the beach front rooms with balcony.
2. If you were in one of these rooms and still complaining, you just have no appreciation for the REAL PV. I would advise you to go blow the budget on a 5 star all-inclusive over on the east coast.

My wife and I have stayed at the Emperador many times and hope for many more.

Room Tip: Definitely go for the upgrade to the b.eachfront room with kitchen and balcony
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple