Emperador Vallarta Beachfront Hotel & Suites
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Flamingo Vallarta Hotel & Marina(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$56
US$241
US$211
US$338
Hyatt.com
Barcelo Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$315
US$228
  • Breakfast included
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$133
  • Beachfront
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
US$521
US$330
  • Breakfast included
The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$131
  • Beachfront
Hotel Mousai(Puerto Vallarta)
US$436
US$370
  • Pool
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$173
US$238
US$232
All reviewsstandard suitefront deskoutdoor kitchensi senorrestaurant downstairsromantic zoneoxxo storefree wifi in the lobbybasic hotelfull size fridgedesk stafflocation is greatlos muertosrooftop terraceflat screen tvlarge balconyrestaurants and shops
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Title says it all. This room need a deep clean- BAD.

Many rooms are not ocean view- which is fine but when your shoved in a hostel like room it get a bit much.

Wi-Fi is non-existent almost. Always have to go down to the reception where mexican locals are always on.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ddbertel
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I booked a 7 night stay in this "hotel" 3 months ahead and requested a higher floor ocean facing room (which I paid for). When we checked in a couple of weeks ago after a long day travelling, they informed us that the only room they had available for us was on main floor. Reluctantly we agreed and later regretted. The entrance to the "room" was not from the hotel, but from the street. As mentioned in another review, the front door is paper thin, so we felt like we were still on the street when we entered the "room". I have traveled throughout Canada, USA, Europe (even former eastern block countries), Australia, Hawaii, the Caribbean and many resorts in Mexico, but this "room" was the worst I have ever stayed in for $110 US a night. I regret not taking any photos of this dump. The patio was on top of the restaurant, easily accessible, so we couldn't leave it open at night, same as the door which was practically on the street. We tried the AC, but it was so loud we couldn't hear when we tried to have a conversation sitting next to each other. The lamp shade in the living area part (one of the only 3 lights there) obscured any usable light coming from the light bulb, which I think might of been a "bonus" so we didn't see the room in more detail. I didn't want to put my clothes on the 2 "antique" plywood shelves which were stained and coming apart, look at the holes in the walls next to the light switches, or sit on the bed with stains and holes in the sheets. When we did, we realized that there is no mattress on the bed, only a box spring. If we wanted to use the sink or stove in the room, there were no pots, utensils, glassware or anything else provided as weren't any ashtrays. We wanted to leave on the spot, but it was too late at night, so we decided to stay for a night. After popping a couple of sleeping pills, putting in earplugs and using the cushions from the "sofa" we had a sleep for few hours. Even before having a coffee in the morning we walked 2 blocks up the street and found ourselves a wonderful 1 bedroom, 2 bathroom ocean view condo for only $20 US a night more.
After returning we checked out and were told, that they will charge us a 1 night room + tax for early departure. We didn't care, just wanted the rest of our money back and get out of this place. However our troubles didn't stop there. The "hotel" can charge your credit card, but they can't refund it. Seriously? And since it was a long weekend in Mexico, we had to wait until Tuesday for the manager to give us money back in form of a check. When we arrived on Tuesday mid morning to pick up our check the manager wasn't there yet. They asked us to come back later in the day. We returned at 3 pm and got the check with no customer service or apology from anyone "above" the desk clerk. They told us to go to any bank to deposit it, so we did go to the first bank we could find. After waiting in 2 lines we were told that we need to go to the bank the check was from. After a little effort we found the right bank just to find it closed 5 minutes before we got there. We had to return there the next day. We wanted the check to be deposited to my account, but since it is a foreign account they were not able to do it and we ended up with thousands (pesos) in cash, which we didn't need as we already withdrawn enough for our entire stay 2 days earlier.
Needless to say, we had very unpleasant experience with the room, we had to waste 2 days of our vacation to get our money back.
Maybe, just maybe if we got a room on a higher floor, we might of stayed, but I wouldn't take the chance again. There are many nicer places just across the street or 1 or 2 blocks up or down the street.
The people who like this place must have their own reason, but I won't be returning here for sure and wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank smileyvtraveler
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I hate to give a bad rating for the hotel based on my room, but here is my experience. My wife and I booked an ocean view suite. We got it but I wouldn't want it again. AVOID THE SINGLE DIGIT ROOMS,(3, 4, 5 etc.) EVEN OCEAN VIEW. They are street level. You open an iron gate off the sidewalk and walk down the hall to the room. Every truck, car, loud talker, and motorcycle sounds like they're coming into your room. There was no coffee maker or utensils. I'm not that picky about hotel rooms. Clean, comfortable, good location and quiet is about all that I ask for. But this place was LOUD. Also, when you looked off your balcony, you couldn't see the beach because the roof of the restaurant is in front of your room. You look over it to see the ocean. Again, this is because of the street level room location. Speaking of the beach, if you like to spend the day on the beach reading, eating, drinking, and lounging, this is not your hotel. Please take a careful look at the pictures. The umbrellas and tables in front of the hotel are for the restaurant. You have to walk somewhere down the beach to actually lay on the beach. The positives are the cleanliness, friendliness, and location. I won't stay here again. There are too many other choices that are better.

Room Tip: Do not get a single digit room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FasTxn
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Our second week there we moved to this hotel since it was on the beach. The staff were not as friendly as Los Arcos Suites which was one block from the beach. Emperador Beach Front Hotel & Suites has the thinnest walls. I swear the walls were made out of paper and the doors were made out of those cheap closet doors that you could put a foot through with no effort. No wonder you can hear everything. Plus being on the beach you will hear the bands playing music all hours of the night and people talking on the beach. The shower had good water pressure but that is the only thing I can say nice about this place.

Room Tip: You can hear the people in the next room like they were standing in your room!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RB B
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Spent a week here and thought it was a terrific value for a Ocean front room in Puerto Vallarto. It is well located in the "Romantic Zone" of old town on Los Muertos beach. The room was spotlessly clean and the maid was extremely creative in her animal creations using the towels. The very large Lanai featured a stove, refrigerator and a sink along with table andchairs and an an amazing view. WIFI is available in the lobby only, which is my only complaint, and was not very reliable.

Room Tip: All rooms designated as Suites are ocean front, hotel rooms are basic and face the street.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo