We had a "junior suite" with king bed on the 2nd floor (note that the "1st floor" in Mexico is the second story of the building, unlike in the US).
GOOD: The spacious room had a beautiful ocean view from the balcony. The A/C worked reasonably well. Water pressure in the shower was good. There is a refrigerator in the room and a stovetop outside on the balcony with an extra sink. The hotel offers palapas and lounge chairs on the beach, as well as beach towels for the asking at the front desk. There is free wi-fi in the lobby. The hotel is in a prime location, especially if you want to visit Los Muertos Beach (right outside) during the day. La Palapa Restaurant (one of my favorite PV restaurants) is right next door. The rooms are very clean (good maids!).
NOT SO GOOD: The room is sparse, with very inexpensive wooden furniture. There is no safe in the room, so if you have valuables, you have to use a safe deposit box downstairs. The bathroom towels are coarse and you only get two bath towels in your room unless you request more. There is no blanket on the bed - only a sheet. The king bed comes with only 3 pillows. Sometimes, there are bands playing music on the beach, so you cannot take a nap in the afternoon without earplugs. The wi-fi only works in the lobby - it doesn't reach the guest rooms.
BAD: Our toilet tank leaked water on the bathroom floor when we arrived, and we asked to be switched to a different room (which was refused). They did send a maintenance man to try to fix the problem, which seemed to help - a little bit - but the toilet continued to leak for the rest of our 4-night stay. In addition, the shower head was not well-connected to the pipe, so water sprayed out of the connector when we took a shower. The remote controls for the A/C and the TV both stopped working on our last day (we didn't bother trying to get them fixed). The daytime front desk attendant (Ian) was nice and helpful, but the evening front desk attendant barely (if ever) looked up from the computer screen in front of him.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel to someone who wants to save some money and be in a prime location, but doesn't expect too much from their room. I did peek into some of the "standard" rooms across the hall - they are MUCH smaller and don't have any view at all (they face the street and their windows look out onto the hallway, so there is no privacy if your curtains are open).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fantastic Ocean views from each of its Suites, right on "Playa Los Muertos" Beach, in the heart of the most traditional area of Puerto Vallarta, you can walk to the “Malecon” (Beach boardwalk) the Property is surrounded by the best restaurants and bars. You won´t need to take a cab. The “Cuale River” shopping zone, the flea market and local museums are just steps away. * Beach lounges & Palm huts "Palapas".* FREE Wireless Internet access, FREE Computers available on the lobby complimentary.* Safety Deposit boxes (lobby level).* 24/7 Security system.* Doctor on call.* Visa y Master Card & American Express accepted.* NEW!! Si señor Restaurant & Beach Club.* Standard Rooms = Mountain View.* Standard Suites and Jr Suites = Deluxe Ocean View.* All Suites do have a full kitchennette. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), HostelWorld, Priceline, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Emperador Vallarta Beachfront Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suites Emperador Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Emperador Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Emperador Puerto Vallarta