“Wonderful location and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jr. Suites de Alba

Jr. Suites de Alba
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto Vallarta
Jr. Suites de Alba
Ranked #109 of 126 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Winnipeg, Canada
“Wonderful location and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2011

We spent a month last winter in this wonderful small family owned establishment. Veronica communicated with us promptly with any requested info and the staff treated us as family. Pepe was on the street to welcome us when we arrived late on a Sunday night. The restaurant below was fabulous. Meals and staff! The location, a half a block from the beach and malecon, could not have been more convenient. Close to everything you could want to entertain you or make your stay comfortable. We would not hesitate to stay here the next time we are in PV. The front suites with the great balconies are superb for sitting with your coffee in the morning, your wine at dinner, and an evening just watching people. Thanks Pepe, Juan, Nancy and Veronica for a welcoming, family, stay.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple

Business
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2011

Felt at home from the moment we arrived till departure. Going back in July
(not soon enough!) Our room was super efficient and clean with 4 beds for
my friends and I plus a modern bathroom. Linens/towels provided plus a
mini fridge rented at minimal cost. Hotel safe was used free of charge for
passport storage. " Pepe and staff speak excellent english
and patiently offer mini spanish lessons.
Numerous large & colorful plants plus shade canopies above provide comfortable
Relaxation spots in the central courtyard between forays out and about around town.
I took advantage of the rooftop clothesline to dry a few items - brilliant views of the town!
We walked to the Malecon each night (approximately 1 minute) for fabulous salsa dancing . Felt safe the entire vacation!! A local grocer is on the same block for fruit and goodies including fresh brewed coffee in the morning! Huge fruit cups of mango/pineapple and watermellon are available from a street vendor at the end of the block towards the beach each day. Super friendly people! Bring a few souveneirs for the local children!
If you are looking for a private relaxed atmosphere AND home-away-from-home in Old Puerto Vallarta's Romantic District close to fabulous street vendors.

Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rubensurf08
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2010

This is the third year we have stayed here. Each time is better than the last. Manual, Pepe and Nancy are always welcoming and very helpful. The cost of our room is very reasonable, especially during the Christmas holiday. The location is great , we walk from there to the beach, to dinner, to the Malacon for people watching. Everythink you need is close by. Again, if you are used to staying at a Marriott or similar hotel, this is not the place for you. Simple, clean, excellent location, great staff.....

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nana2007
Seattle, Washington, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2009

I took my daughter to PV for her 21st birthday, just a little fun mother-daughter adventure. It was our first visit to PV, but we certainly hope to go back!! We were not looking for the big resort on the beach, but were happy to find this sweet apartment just a half-block from the beach, with a view of the water! We love the old part of town, walking around the shops and restaurants, and exploring on our own, so this little apartment was perfect. The romantic zone is sweet, pretty restaurants and bars on the beach, swimming and sun. We took a taxi from the airport--beware of time-share deals, we were accosted immediately with "deals" for taxis, etc. It cost about 230 pesos for the taxi trip to Vallarta Jr. Suites. The apartments/hotel was a little hard to find because you have to walk through the restaurant ( Cuales) to get to the stairs that lead up to the apartments. Our taxi driver helped us find the address. Bring the written address to give to the taxi driver! Everyone is so friendly in PV! There is a little office next door to the restaurant where we checked in for the hotel. Then, a staff person led us through the restaurant and up the steps (lots of them) to unit six. This unit was on the same level as the Tiny Pool on the roof. The "hot tub" was the same temperature as the pool: Cool in April, but lovely. We took a quick dip in the Tiny Pool every day. Our room had 2 twin beds and a queen, with a nice balcony with a view. We just used the ceiling fan to stay cool at night, but there was an air conditioner. The staircase has bouganvillias bursting out everywhere, like they can't contain their enthusiasm. There was a refrigerator and kitchenette in the room, but we did not cook. It is too much fun to go to the beach, pick out the most beautiful umbrella and beach chairs, and sit there all day, drinking Coronas, Cokes or margharitas and nibbling on quesadillas. Wonderful restaurants on the beach, try a different on every night! Beautiful and relaxing. We spent about $500 dollars US on the apartment for one week, and about the same on food and drink. We loved it. Quiet and peaceful, beautiful beach, perfect location, and not a huge glamorous resort. Just the opposite. Sweet, clean but understated ,yet perfectly adequate. It was one of the happiest weeks of my life.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank Mom-and-daughter88
Calgary, AB
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2008

OMG!!!! Where to begin. I spent 4 incredible weeks from Nov 7-Dec 5, 2008 in the Romantic Zone in Puerto Vallarta at Vallarta Jr Suites, (formerly known as Jr. Suites de Alba), and I was beyond thrilled with my stay. So thrilled that I have already booked a return visit for March and April 2009, and this will be the Hotel I stay at on each visit to Puerto Vallarta, ( which I loved PV so much, I want to live there). Juan the owner, and his wonderful staff Pepe, Jesus, Nancy, and his son Manuel...well they could not have done more to make my stay comfortable, enjoyable, fun and relaxing. And while they are not normally pet friendly, they welcomed my little very well behaved Cairn Terrier dog, Rory with open arms. And to top it all off....the best restaurant that I ate at in all of PV- CUALES...well it was part of the Hotel. But I will speak more of Cuales later.

If you are looking for a posh, elegant 5 star luxury all inclusive resort in an area that reminds you of the States...well this is not the hotel for you. But if you are like me, and looking for a spacious ocean view room with a kitchenette, (my room even had 3 comfortable beds), clean, comfortable, affordable, with cable TV, internet access in the room, great air conditioning, quiet and relaxing with no traffic noise (or roosters LOL), with an incredible restaurant with amazing food, a small pool, and all with an incredible location in the Romantic Zone, 1/2 block from Los Muertos Beach and beside the footbridge to El Centro and the Malecon....well then this is the place for you!

I was just soooo very pleased with everything at Vallarta Jr Suites and can not wait until March for Rory and I to return. And I met a lot of other guests staying there, and they were mostly repeat customers from previous visits, and a real range of age...seniors, to people in their 50's, to couples and singles in their 20's! And as a single woman in my early 50's, I was never lonely once, and felt so taken care of and looked after by the wonderful staff, and also by Alfonso, Abraham, Miguel and all the other staff in Cuales Restaurant as well.

Now about Cuales Restaurant, it is very new, only a few weeks...OMG....the food was just incredible...I never had a bad meal here...in fact, I had most of my best meals at Cuales, of all the restaurants I tried in PV, (and I tried a lot of them). Roberto the Chef is a master, and Pancho (who is Abraham the owners Father) also cooks and he is incredible as well. You must try the Tortilla Soup...by far the best of any I had in PV. The Shrimp, Octopus and Scallop Burrito was so delicious...I think I had it 3 times, but wanted it more. And the Asian Salad...just divine...a taste sensation. And the steak and lobster was incredible with the most succulent steak. mmmmm. Yum! I noticed a lot of repeat customers at Cuales like myself.

Anyway I loved my time in Puerto Vallarta so much...loved experiencing the magic and charm of this very enchanting city. And PV is so pet friendly that Rory was welcome almost everywhere, which was so wonderful for me to be able to take him to restaurants, bars etc with me...he just loved it all too. I can not wait to return and so look forward to seeing once again, Juan and all my dear amigos and amigas at Vallarta Jr. Suites. And sorry my pictures are unavailable to add at this time. Thanks
Karey/Karen R

• Liked — Friendly, helpful staff, Location, Restaurant, Spaciousness of rooms and kitchenette, Cost
  • Disliked — Would have liked housekeeping daily, but it was still kept clean at 2x's a week
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank KareyR2
Vancouver, British Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2007

This was the third time that my husband and I have stayed at Jr. Suites de Alba in Puerto Vallarta. The owner, Manuel, is very helpful in the booking and corresponds promptly via e-mail. He and his staff (Pepe, Jesus, Nancy, and the gang) always work hard to ensure that our stay is pleasant.
The accommodations here are very basic but if you're just looking for a place to sleep and shower, and you don't care that the cutlery doesn't match, this is a great place to stay. Some of the furniture looks a bit run down but it's functional and, really, how much time are you going to spend in the room? There is a kitchenette with basic cooking ammenities, the rooms are clean, and even though it's not right on the beach, the view from balcony is very nice.
One of the best things the Suites de Alba has going for it, is the location. It's right over the bridge in the north part of Old Town. You can walk everywhere - there's a grocery store two blocks away, the Malacon is about a five minute walk, and there's an amazing French bakery just around the corner where you can purchase fresh pastries every morning for breakfast.
Manuel also runs a jeep and car rental business so you can rent a vehicle to take some day trips up to Salulita (great surfing) or down to Mismaloya and Chico's Paradise.
Manuel has been renovating the building and they just added a rooftop pool with hot tub and deck. The building is very safe and the entrance to the courtyard is always locked.
We would highly reccommend the Suites de Alba.

• Liked — Location, staff, price
  • Disliked — A bit run down
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank BCtraveller2
idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2007

My 87 yr, old mother and I drove to PV for 2 month stay. The room was great with lots of room, kitchenette and balcony. Great location could walk to grocery, restaurants, internet, beach. Only moved my car twice. They rent jeeps there for those who fly. Owner and staff are very kind and helpful, you are treated like family.Many thanks to Manuel, Pepe, Noe, Jesus and Nancy for a wonderful stay. Picture of my mother at 87th birthday with cake that owners got.

1 Thank dld