Marsol Hotel
Andale Hotel(Puerto Vallarta)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Mercurio(Puerto Vallarta)
  • Breakfast included
Los Arcos Suites(Puerto Vallarta)
  • Pool
San Marino Hotel(Puerto Vallarta)
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)
  • Pool
Hotel Casa Dona Susana(Puerto Vallarta)
Hotel Yazmin(Puerto Vallarta)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Pinnacle Resorts 180(Puerto Vallarta)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Arlington Washington
Reviewed 21 December 2005

I've stayed at Marsol for a number of years and I keep going back. I don't understand the comments about hostile staff - Jorge and his staff have been accomodating and gracious to me. As far as claims of overinflated price ?? Nonsense - I paid 700 pesos a night - and they offered me a special - every third night free- that averages out to be under 50 bucks a night for a huge corner room with airconditioning, a kitchenette, and a big veranda with a 180 degree view of the sunset. Between my friends and I we occupied 8 rooms - not a complaint from any of us. The hotel is safe - they will keep your valuables at the front desk - no problems. It's clean - maid service every day. Friends stayed at another beach front hotel on the same strip - three times the price, tiny room, tiny deck, - and guess what..there was a cockroach in their room too. What some folks might consider to be lacking at the Marsol other experienced travelers are going to find to be it's charms. The towels go away and come back because they launder the same set of towels each day. If you want a Sheraton mattress go someplace else. Marsol is no frills, it's a bit threadbare, but it's a delight. I don't go to Mexico to experience fluffy towels. The trick to navigating the Marsol is to know your maid - most of them have worked there over 20 years. A friendly smile and a "Buenos Dias" and 10 or 20 peso tip each day goes a long way. Your maid will get you your water, an extra towel, another pan for your kitchenette. Marsol is truly a Mexican Hotel - in the same family for nearly 50 years. It's filled with Mexican families on vacation. So try it out - lighten up, relax, be open to adventure, and appreciate it for what it is.

• Stayed: December 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 10 April 2005

I've stayed at this hotel several times over the past fifteen years, usually because other places were fully booked. It's noisy, dirty, old, and unfriendly. The elevator is constanly breaking down, the hot water is often off for days at a time. The staff can be very surly. They remove all the towels from the rooms every morning and only return them late in the afternoon. The pillows are filled with corn husks or some kind of dried beans. The lamp shades are tattered and torn. And the prices have risen dramatically in the past couple of years.

Not for people who are used to clean living.

Stayed: March 2001
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 March 2005

I stayed at the Marsol based on the wonderful reviews and was horribly disappointed.

I've lived and traveled extensively around Latin America and have yet to encounter a budget hotel that was this awful. It fulfilled every bad Mexican stereotype--cockroaches in the shower, no water, and a staff that only wanted to take advantage of you.

They lied about the prices over the phone--doubling them upon arrival. AT that point we were stuck as it was semana santa and most places in town were already booked. We not only lacked hot water, but had NO water at all for an entire day. Their "solution" was to give us a bucket of water and to allow a 50 peso discount on the already inflated price. When I protested the price and water situation, the manager verbally insulted me and even physically grabbed my arm.

There are much better budget hotels in the surrounding neighborhood that are more hospitable--hotel tropicana, Los arcos (a bit more pricey), Lily, etc.. Perhaps the Marsol is under new management or something, but it was a traveler's nightmare. Steer clear!

• Stayed: March 2005
11  Thank galatea256
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 22 January 2005

If you want a fancy hotel, the Marsol is not for you. But if you can spot a good deal when you see it - come to the Marsol.

We've visited six years in the row, and we'll return this year (2005.)

The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean, it's right next to the ocean, the same people return every year - it's great.

We've gotten to know people at the Marsol and we always get a room with an ocean view. You can't beat it.

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
mountain view ,ca.
Reviewed 31 July 2004

The Marsol is a good deal. Jorge and his staff are friendly and helpful.It's a laid back hotel on the beach with a little resturant that has great breakfasts. Next time, I'll get a kitchenette.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member