The Posada de Roger is a charming and comfortable place to stay, as well as being an economically priced option in Puerto Vallarta. The location is perfect- in the lovely Old Town of Puerto Vallarta, on a cobblestoned street, removed from the cruise ships and tourist hysteria- and just 2 blocks from the beach. The bus to Mismaloya and points beyond stops on the street right in front of the hotel. There are also numerous cafes/restaurants in walking distance, as well as the Rio Cuale flea market.
The beds at the Posada de Roger are comfortable (which isn't always the case in Mexico- I've slept on a lot of hard beds), with colorful, cheery bedding. The rooms have both fans and air conditioning. We had a room on the 2nd level with a nice little balcony overlooking the street. The rooms also have glass balcony doors which close tightly and do a an excellent job of blocking out the street noise at night.
The hotel building itself is really lovely, with 4 rambling, tiled stories and lots of tropical plants everywhere. The pool is small but nice, and definitely well used. There is also a 4th-floor kitchen for guests' use, which is handy and as an added bonus has fantastic views of Vallarta and the mountains. There's free Wifi in the lounge but not in the guest rooms.
The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and housekeeping was excellent. The guests were a nice mix of both Mexican families and tourists. And we even had a little gecko join us in our room one night!
The city of Puerto Vallarta overall isn't cheap compared to many places I've been in Mexico, but for the price (about $45/night), the Posada de Roger can't be beat. We stayed a week and I would definitely stay there again, and would recommend it to anyone. It's a hotel with a lot of character that feels very authentically Mexican.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a real Mexican-style hotel in downtown Puerto Vallarta, surrounded by beautiful gardens and authentic Mexican architecture. Our personalized service, always cordial and efficient, assures that you will return home with a smile on your face!We are located one block from the main beach in old town, 2 minutes walk to the malecon 'the sea walk', and 20 minutes to the International Airport.We are very close to shopping areas, markets, internet cafes, as well as to other services to make your vacations simply perfect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Splitty, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Posada de Roger reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Roger Puerto Vallarta
- Posada Roger Hotel Puerto Vallarta