My husband I just got back from our vacation in Puerto Vallarta. We had plans to stay at our time share but really wanted to grab a few extra days on the beach so we stayed at the Posada de Roger for three nights. The room was around $45.00 a night.
Now if you are looking for a fancy resort this isn't going to be for you, but if you want to stay in the prime romantic zone downtown this might be a good place.
The rooms are basic but superclean with two beds, an old TV (works well, with satellite stations) and basic bathroom (shower only, no tub). You only get two towels in the bathroom, so you might want to bring a facecloth if you like to use one. The in wall air conditioner worked well, and the room also had a ceiling fan.
The outdoor areas are just charming with a small pool and courtyard downstairs with free wi-fi. It was kind of fun to hang out and do my emails in the late afternoon. I met a lot of nice people there.
The rooms don't have a safe and the lock on the door is pretty lame, so I would recommend you use the safety deposit boxes in the lobby. You also can leave your laptop with the front desk for safe keeping while you are out of the room.
Be prepared with some peso's to pay for the deposit on the room key (20 pesos) and safety deposit box (200 pesos) You need to keep the receipt they give you to get your deposit back, so I put that in the safety deposit box too.
The breakfast place next store was great, their sweet rolls with cream cheese were to die for! You get homemade tortillas with breakfast and their coffee was really good. They also had really good smoothies too.
There are a ton of fun bars and restaurants around. It is kind of fun to be downtown in the action for a few days before you move to a bigger resort. We went down to the beach everyday and sat in the lounge chairs at the Blue Shrimp. For the price of drinks you can use their lounge chairs and bathrooms.
At night we went to Nacho Daddy's to listen to music and Fajita Republic Restaurant is right down the street.
We will definitely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a real Mexican-style hotel in downtown Puerto Vallarta, surrounded by beautiful gardens and authentic Mexican architecture. Our personalized service, always cordial and efficient, assures that you will return home with a smile on your face!We are located one block from the main beach in old town, 2 minutes walk to the malecon 'the sea walk', and 20 minutes to the International Airport.We are very close to shopping areas, markets, internet cafes, as well as to other services to make your vacations simply perfect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Posada de Roger reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Roger Puerto Vallarta
- Posada Roger Hotel Puerto Vallarta