“Clean & great location”

Ranked #18 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Maple Ridge, Canada
“Clean & great location”
Reviewed 21 January 2012

We stayed at the Roger Dec. 3rd til the 17th 2011. We were a little nervous when we booked since we had only stayed at all inclusive hotels in the past. As soon as we arrived we knew we had booked the right hotel. If you want a clean and friendly hotel in the heart of old town the Roger is the place to stay. Would definately stay there again. We stayed in room #201 and only one small complaint. The shower head needs to be moved closer to the wall so it's not directly over your head.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Rincon de Guayabitos, Mexico
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We have stayed here 4 times now in the last several years and each time we have been treated like family by the staff. Beginning with the group of front desk people right through the cleaning staff each one was helpful, curteous and went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. We tell everyone that if you want to stay in the Romantica area of Puerto Vallarta you can rest assured that you will be well taken care of at the Posada Roger!

Room Tip: There is no elevator so anyone with mobility issues may want to mention that as there are rooms on t...
Vernon, Canada
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Once again I stayed at this lovely hotel in Old Town in Puerto Vallarta. Upon arrival, after booking in November, I was overwhelmingly pleased that the owner had provided every extra that I had requested for my stay. If you are wanting a casual, super clean, friendly and accommodating hotel, stay at the Posada Roger. You won't regret it.

• Stayed January 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 15 January 2012

My husband I just got back from our vacation in Puerto Vallarta. We had plans to stay at our time share but really wanted to grab a few extra days on the beach so we stayed at the Posada de Roger for three nights. The room was around $45.00 a night.
Now if you are looking for a fancy resort this isn't going to be for you, but if you want to stay in the prime romantic zone downtown this might be a good place.
The rooms are basic but superclean with two beds, an old TV (works well, with satellite stations) and basic bathroom (shower only, no tub). You only get two towels in the bathroom, so you might want to bring a facecloth if you like to use one. The in wall air conditioner worked well, and the room also had a ceiling fan.
The outdoor areas are just charming with a small pool and courtyard downstairs with free wi-fi. It was kind of fun to hang out and do my emails in the late afternoon. I met a lot of nice people there.
The rooms don't have a safe and the lock on the door is pretty lame, so I would recommend you use the safety deposit boxes in the lobby. You also can leave your laptop with the front desk for safe keeping while you are out of the room.
Be prepared with some peso's to pay for the deposit on the room key (20 pesos) and safety deposit box (200 pesos) You need to keep the receipt they give you to get your deposit back, so I put that in the safety deposit box too.
The breakfast place next store was great, their sweet rolls with cream cheese were to die for! You get homemade tortillas with breakfast and their coffee was really good. They also had really good smoothies too.
There are a ton of fun bars and restaurants around. It is kind of fun to be downtown in the action for a few days before you move to a bigger resort. We went down to the beach everyday and sat in the lounge chairs at the Blue Shrimp. For the price of drinks you can use their lounge chairs and bathrooms.
At night we went to Nacho Daddy's to listen to music and Fajita Republic Restaurant is right down the street.
We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the back and the room was very quiet. In the morning you can smell the bread baking dow...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank spcohio
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I would recommend this hotel to anybody who is looking for a quality hotel on a budget. I cannot belive how clean they keep it and the service is 1st class. Looking forward to our return stay:)
THANKS
Kim Brunette

Room Tip: We had 3 differant rooms and they were all great, just avoid one's above the resturant
3 Thank Kim B
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 8 January 2012

The location of this hotel could not be better, within walking distance to great restaurants, shops, and the beach. The hotel had a lovely courtyard, spacious sun deck, and small pool area, which was never too crowded. The room itself was nothing special, but clean, spacious, and fairly priced. The hotel staff was very helpful guiding us to the right buses to get around town (they are cheap and easily accessible) and booking other excursions for us. The restaurant served a great breakfast as well. We enjoyed our stay here and will book this hotel again if we return to PV!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ausl0002
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We stayed at Posada Roger twice this spring and as Soloviendo mentioned, it is our home away from home! It is located in a great location in old Puerto Vallarta and centrally located to most of the amenities that do count! Restaurants, bars, shops and the Malecon! The hotel is a small, comfortable and safe hotel for the money (and a very reasonable amount of money for a hotel of this calibre in the centre of old Puerto Vallarta). Sammy Toucan's is also a very nice amenity and so close! Downstairs! I recently go married to the love of my life and since we had stayed at Posada Roger twice, my new bride wanted to visit Asia. We advised Dario that we would not be visiting our "home away from home", BUT, we would be back later this year! We are currently in Nha Trang, Vietnam and I/we will be reviewing some of the nice apartments, restaurants, dentists, doctors and hairstylists in Nha Trang! Being a retired Canadian senior, I/we were not too comfortable with the dentist(s) in Puerto Vallarta (however, we did not meet with some of the American trained dentists). I/we are sure that they are very highly qualified but the two that I/we did visit, I/we did not feel too comfortable.
I/we did visit Saigon2 in Nha Trang and I/we were very pleased with the results! I did have bridge work done and the total cost was USD160.00. If you would like to receive my blog regarding our travels, please let me know. Unfortunately, with Facebook, we do find it very difficult to access our account. So, please e-mail me via www.savorydistributors.com. As I had mentioned, we are in Vietnam
PS. To Dario, Mrs. Dario and the staff, sorry we could not be visiting you this spring!

Room Tip: I won't mention our room number as I/we found it to be off the street (less noise) and more quie...
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple