“Lovely real Mexican Jewel!”

Hotel Posada de Roger
Ranked #16 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I booked my trip to Vallarta from Canda, just 24 hours before departure and via an on-line booking tool. I knew I was exposed to some surprises due to the last minute booking , however ended up more than happy and thankful I made this choice.
This hotel is amazing value for a true Pto Vallarta experience' location is excellent, walking distance to restaurants , beach, art galleries, lounges and more , and while enjoying a true Mexican flavored hospitality. The staff is very friendly , the rooms are small but well maintained and spotless clean.
If you are the all inclusive type of traveller, pls look for your hotel type choice, let loyalty points and amenities direct your decision. However if you are looking for " Experience and true travel ", the Hotel Posada will do it...and for cheap!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank mike m
posadaroger, Gerente at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Good afternoon,

The staff of Hotel Posada Roger appreciated your preference and share with us your experience, our location helps to have many points of interest nearby and easily enjoy them, we are pleased to know that your stay was an excellent experience, your comments are a constant motivation for improve our services offered.

We hope you can back soon!
Regards.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

I have stayed at Posada de Roger for many years.
The staff is always friendly and helpful with directions. The rooms are cleaned daily while you are out shopping or spending the day at the beach. The location s unbeatable. Two blocks from the beach and central to many top restaurants within one block. The best breakfast in PV is right door to the hotel. They also have a reader board next to the reception desk that has listed any upcoming events you might want to check out. On saturdays there is a huge Farmers Market located on the street in front of the hotel.
(Check dates as I don't think this is year round). You rates are very reasonable when you consider the location, daily maid service, flat screen t.v., air conditioning and a great staff.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank PVR4ME

Good afternoon!

On behalf of all staff of Hotel Posada Roger want to thank your comments and reiterate our commitment to service and our main goal is your satisfaction, Thanks for having stayed with us, it's nice to know that our service and facilities were to your liking.

We hope you can back soon to this your home!
Regards.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

This hotel pretty much matched my expectations. Our room was large, clean, and had plenty of hot water. The decor was rustic and worn around the edges. It really could use some redecoration. But the location of the hotel so near the beach and lots of good places to eat is excellent. The street noise mostly went away by midnight and being on the third floor we really were not bothered by it.

The ground floor restaurant provided us with some of the best breakfasts we had during our 3 weeks in Mexico.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank astrobob
posadaroger, Manager at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Thank you for your comments, we appreciate them very much.
We are actually in the proccess of remodeling the hotel and also upgrading some furniture and mattresses, everything has been done little by little but already have many changes done. We hope that on your next visit these changes will be complete and ready for your enjoyement.
We are glad your stay was pleasant.

Reviewed 27 March 2013

First of all, I would like to say that staff is efficient and doing their best to make your stay as good as possible. The hotel is also very clean and very well located. Some clients seemed to be regulars.

BUT - The hotel is rundown. I've done many trips around the world and this is probably the worst place I've been to. The first room I was in was simply a closet in the back corner of the yard. It was noisy and had no daylight. The smell of detergent was so strong when I arrived my eyes were tearing. And it wasn't really possible to air the room since no air was coming in. I asked to change room, and they did after a few days because I was told the hotel was full (though it had a vacancy sign on the door). The second room was better and bigger but still far from, in my view, the 4 stars I had read in the reviews (far far far from it!). At least, in the new room, I couldn't hear all the noise anymore. The beds were uncomfortable in both rooms and made my back hurt. (I don't have a back problem...) Bathrooms were very basic and outdated. Toilet wasn't working properly in the first room. And shower leaked in the bedroom in the second. It also took a while before you got any hot water. I couldn't see a lady stay in the room since the mirrors were simply not practical.

Some friends wouldn't believe me so I had them visit the room. They totally agreed with my review of the hotel.

Remember you have to leave a deposit for everything (keys, remote control, security box, etc.). 20 pesos here, 100 pesos there, etc. Advice: give your credit card number, it will make things simpler.

Would I recommend the place? No, for a few dollars more in PV you can get a lot more and you will still be travelling on a budget. I had chosen this hotel based on the reviews and I don't think they are neutral. As said before, this hotel is not near 4 stars, at most it would be a 2 or 2.5 stars because of the state of the rooms, the level on (no) luxury.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank 4mydogalice
posadaroger, Manager at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

Good afternoon,
We appreciate your comments and would like to let you know that we as a Hotel, always try to satisfy our guest needs and as you can see we do have several reviews that can testify to that.
At the moment we are still in process of remodeling all of our mattresses. Most of our rooms already have them and we also have extra bed padding for extra comfort, you can request them at the front desk. We are sorry to hear your stay wasn't as expected but we are a 3 star hotel not a 4 star hotel nor luxurious.
We do recognize we have a great location, near restaurants, bars, the beach and malecon but it can also mean a little more noise. It is important to mention though that we do have very quiet rooms, you can request them and we will do our best to reserve them for you.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

Having stayed here in 2012, we decided on our return visit to PV to stay here again. Why wouldn't we? The room was more than adequate, the price was really good value for this area, the location is perfect for us -- just a short walk to the beach, and some of the best restaurants in PV are literally across the street. The people who work here are just wonderful -- always very helpful, courteous and friendly. If we return to PV next year -- and we hope to -- we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
posadaroger, Manager at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments,each and every comment is very helpful and appreciated. we hope to have you back soon as well !

Reviewed 12 March 2013

I had a very good experience at the Posada de Roger. I didn't want to spend too much and I wanted to be in the heart of the Zona Romantica near my favourite restaurants and near the beach but not on it. The Posada is a comfortable, clean hotel, with really nice staff. I could rent a small fridge from them for $5 a day -- I liked that.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
posadaroger, Owner at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments. As you mentioned, we are two blocks away from the beach and near many restaurants. This is a great advantage for us but can also mean a little more noise, make sure to request a quiet room when reserving and we will make sure to get that for you. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 7 March 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a lovely stay at the Hotel Posada de Roger. Our room was comfortable (and when I mentioned the bed was a little too hard, they immediately put an egg foam pad underneath the sheets). Wonderful authentic courtyard which I will paint, simple but fine pool to cool off in, and enjoyed the community kitchen where I met others and could make my own breakfast. Wonderful location!
Nan Hass Feldman

Room Tip: I liked the rooms facing the street, because they also faced the pool as well.