“comfy clean and close”

Hotel Posada de Roger
Ranked #16 of 122 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 1 June 2014

i have stayed at many pv hotels in this area and i must say by far this is my favorite hotel and i will not go anywhere else but here the staff is very helpful and hard working and very attentive to guests needs my room was cleaned daily the common areas where always kept clean and maintained well. the pool is great for a dip to cool off it was clean nice and refreshing great views of the area too.. nice flowers and plants are all over the property there very bright bold and beautiful i have many friends in the area as well and they where able to stop by and pick me up etc with out a hassle and the location cant be beat your in the center of the area central to the beach the clubs the stores the buses everything my only regret is that i didn't find it sooner i love this little hidden gem and will be a repeat customer for sure from the management down to the maintenance guy everyone was professional and attentive and eager to make my stay the best possible thank you Dario and the staff for making me feel welcome and for making me feel like i was a vip my home away from home

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank luna6373

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by the Hotel Posada Roger ~ I requested a quiet room and had one of the best night's sleep I had in weeks !!! The hotel rooms are on the small side (however larger rooms are available) but very charming and very clean! I like the lush foliage on the property and the interior courtyard is welcoming and attractive. The location is in the part of town I like ~ nearby to many restaurants and shopping, as well as the beach. Dario, the manager, is very helpful with answering questions. The AC is very cold and there is drinking water available at no cost. For the price, this quaint posada is worth the money! The attached restaurant is delicious, the portions are generous and the waitstaff is friendly and helpful ~ Fredy's Tucan. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room if you're a light sleeper. I have heard that some rooms catch much of the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bohemedream
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here only one night. We had stayed here in 2012 and hated the beds then.

Good news this time around, is that the bed was comfortable. The bad, Terrible news is that we had no hot water! I thought that it was only at night and they run out of water, but this morning no hot water either!

To the locals that is good news, they don't like to shower with hot water, because of the hot Hines weather, but I was looking forward to a nice hot shower, it didn't happen.

We decided to come back only because we figure we already knew the beds were hard, but it was going to be just one night.

The room was very clean.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank WichitaViajero
posadaroger, Gerente at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience and I apologize for this.
we do have hot water at the hotel posada de roger, the next time we suggest you to dial 9 and expain the problem to the receptionist and we will be glad to solve it.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is excellently located just a few blocks from the beach right in the heart of old PV. The restaurant attached to the hotel (Fredy's Tucan) serves breakfast all the way up to 2.30 p.m. so it is very convenient as when I am on vacation I sleep in till noon! The food and service in the restaurant is great and we had breakfast there every day.Pool is small but adequate for cooling off and the beach is nearby.

Room Tip: There are a few ground floor rooms but there is no elevator so if you cant climb steps, take a groun...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Raymond G
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I loved the Hotel Posada de Roger. It was perfect for my friend and I during our three day stay in PV. Super close to shops, restaurants, and the beach so you can't ask for a better location.

The rooms are cozy but clean and a great value for the price. Beds were comfy and water pressure in the shower was good.

The courtyard and grounds are just beautiful, with all kinds of potted tropical plants and a beautiful tree overhangs over the courtyard.

The restaurant directly under the hotel/ next door, Fredy's Tucan is quality and serves a great American breakfast.

Room Tip: There are no elevators in the hotel but, a bell hop will move your luggage for you :) Pool is loc...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I suggest this hotel to everybody who want to enjoy a colorful,quite,clean hotel in
a central part of the town,
the staff is friendly and well mannered,lot of information and tours available at the front desk.

enjoy your stay

mario vollera

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 273mario
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Just returned from 11 days at Posada Roger. I will definitely return. Great place for the budget minded. The place is three blocks from the beach and near many great restaurants. Freddy Tucans restaurant next door is fantastic for breakfast. The rate is a bargain, particulary for a week or more and good air conditioning. The management runs a very tight ship with locked gate 24/7 that is monitored by front desk. Rooms are small and simple, but for this price about what you would expect. Very clean and great service from the maid staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends