“Great Budget Hotel”

Hotel Posada de Roger
Ranked #16 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I stayed at the Posada De Roger for 12 nights at the end of May. Nice little place with a great location and friendly staff. My room was on the third floor, king bed, updated bath, and very clean! Location is perfect for wandering around old town, the malecon, and the beach. Unlike many other reviewers of the hotel, I found the restaurant to be not so good. On my first morning, I ordered an omelet (a safe choice for a first breakfast) and found it to be terrible. There is nothing worse than a burnt egg, so I never went back. I found a great place on the next block called the Pancake House that I wholeheartedly recommend for good food and great service. My only issue with the hotel itself is their check-in policy requiring three different deposits in pesos....which I didn't have and needed a quick trip to the ATM. You need a deposit to get the key and a/c and tv control (200 pesos), another 200 pesos for the safety deposit box, and then again, another 200 pesos for a beach towel. So basically you tie up 600 pesos for the length of your stay, and end up when you check out with a pocketful that you spend at the airport. It would be much easier for everyone if they would simply take a credit card imprint.

All in all, I would stay here again. The staff, price, and location are great!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank rlovestotravel
There are newer reviews for Hotel Posada de Roger

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This charming colonial Mexican hotel has mastered location and service. The hotel is located in the old town/romantic area of Vallarta. The service from the employees was excellent, from the front desk staff to the housekeeping staff. My room was considered a economy room with no window. This did not bother me at all, as I was out for most of the day and needed a place to shower and sleep. The room had a ceiling fan and a/c unit. Also my room (Room 106) was tucked away in the corner and relatively quite for the most part. The hotel had a decent pool area on the second floor with lounge chairs. The hotel is very secured, as you had to ring a door bell to enter/exit 24 hours a day. There were numerous restaurants all within a 5 to 10 minute walk from street vendors to fancy sit down ones. It would have been nice if there would have been hangars in the closet; however, for me it was not such a big deal as I had ironed my clothes when I packed. The hotel is connected to a awesome restaurant (Freddy Tucans) that served breakfast and lunch. The beach was less than a 5 minute walk and the main plaza, cathedral, and malecon aka boardwalk was less than a 10 minute walk. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you don't need a window in your room, definitely consider a economy room. All rooms are exte...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank GeminiTraveler
Reviewed 24 June 2014

If you are looking for a clean, no frills hotel than this is it for you. There are flowers everywhere, a small pool, super clean rooms and AC that works like a champ. We stayed for five days and it was the best time ever. We loved the fact that the place was in a spectacular location, literally minutes from the beach and excellent places to eat. Super safe location, loved the taco stands all around. Great place. They have safety deposit boxes that are free to use, excellent breakfast spot downstairs and a beautiful upstairs outdoor kitchen. For less than $70 bucks a night it is a steal.

1  Thank marcigami
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Our stay at The Roger was enjoyable. The courtyard is beautiful with all of the tropical plants and flowers. The pool wasn't huge but perfect on the hot days. Our room was clean although, on the small side (mainly the bathroom). It would of been nice to have some counter space in the bathroom as well....but for the value, I am in no way complaining!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with newer windows, they are quieter.
2  Thank EmilyC_4985
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is a great little hotel. The price was very good. Room was clean and had all i needed (well, perhaps more hangers :^) Staff was friendly and helpful. Lobby and common areas were full of plants and flowers. Location is right in old port / romantic zone.

I also was travelling alone (woman) and felt safe.

I was right on the courtyard so it could be a bit noisy, but also vibrant.

I love it!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Ingrid M
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We truly enjoyed genuine hospitality, kindness and professionalism of the entire personnel. Service quality at Pasada de Roger was much higher in comparison with many fancy hotels in the United States. Our room was comfortable and very clean; location is perfect for someone who likes to stay in town as opposed to be secluded in a tourist resort; still just a few blocks from the beach.

Room Tip: Corner room with a city view was not that noisy at night.
2  Thank haxer0812
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Posada de Roger the staff was friendly and helpful. Being right in the middle of the romantic district was great, and the look of the hotel was amazing. The only reason I did not give it a 5 was that the bed wasn't really comfortable. It wasn't bad just wasn't really good. Other than that we really enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple