After a 6 year void of not visiting Puerto Vallarta, I decided to try and take a lower budget trip. I used an online travel service and decided to take a package deal with Hotel Posada de Roger. All I typically need in PV is a bed to sleep on at night, and not all the bells and whistles that fancier hotels or resorts tend to offer.
To sum it up, I was pleasantly surprised with Posada de Roger. The 3 story, open courtyard layout is quite nice. Several tables and a fountain line the bottom of the courtyard, and the pool and deck area are tucked up on the 3rd floor level. There's plenty of plants and trees around to help make the scene feel a bit tropical. The staff even spends time every morning sweeping and mopping all the tile walkways and courtyard!
My room was typical of the places I've stayed in the past, and for which I've paid 50% or more additionally. A bed, a sofa, a wall mounted tv, nightstand, desk, and chair. Sure the floor was tiled, but carpeting wouldn't work easily from a cleanliness standpoint. And I will agree with other reviewers, in that any added storage in the (small) bathroom would be an added plus. And unfortunately most Mexican bathrooms don't have ventilation fans. The bed was normal (meaning = hard) as I've come to expect for this class of accommodation in PV.
I was even able to use the free wireless in my room, whereas others had to sit in the courtyard for signal strength.
An added plus is having Freddy's Tucan restaurant right downstairs, off the hotel lobby. And there's even a nice pastry shop directly across the street, not to mention all the "Restaurant Row" and nearby Olas Altos restaurants within a 5 minute walk!
I definitely look forward to staying at Posada de Roger in the future!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a real Mexican-style hotel in downtown Puerto Vallarta, surrounded by beautiful gardens and authentic Mexican architecture. Our personalized service, always cordial and efficient, assures that you will return home with a smile on your face!We are located one block from the main beach in old town, 2 minutes walk to the malecon 'the sea walk', and 20 minutes to the International Airport.We are very close to shopping areas, markets, internet cafes, as well as to other services to make your vacations simply perfect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Posada de Roger reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Roger Puerto Vallarta
- Posada Roger Hotel Puerto Vallarta