Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments All Inclusive
US$331
US$269
US$218
  • Breakfast included
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
US$305
  • Beachfront
Casa Velas(Puerto Vallarta)
US$500
Official Hotel
Barcelo Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$264
US$249
  • Breakfast included
Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$146
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$261
US$175
  • Pool
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$184
  • Pool
Grand Miramar All Luxury Suites & Residences(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$174
Official Hotel
2,859 results
All reviewssunset restauranthoneymoon suiteshort walk to the maleconocean viewthe wait staffa la carte restaurantsmaller resortclose to downtownspring breakpool sideall inclusive packageflea marketnightly entertainmentlounge chairsall inclusive planbeach volleyballtime share
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I've stayed at this hotel for 6 years. I go back each year because the staff is great and so is the location of the hotel. Right on the beach and close to the Malecon (& old town). Paloma, the chief concierge, treated me with the best customer service anyone could ask for. My requested room was ready and waiting for me with chocolate covered strawberries and a cocktail. The waiters who work poolside and the beach are the best in all of PVR. Let me give a shout-out to them: Jorge, Eduardo, Gus, Fausto. The wait staff in the restaurant(s) are all very pleasant, as well. This is a smaller hotel, so the staff gets to know who you are and remembers you when you return. Another thing I like is that each year when I return for 2 weeks over Thanksgiving, a lot of the same guests return. Nice friendships have been formed.
This is not a "fancy" hotel. But it's comfortable and since I spend all day outside enjoying the beautiful view that it offers, it works great for me. I've seen a lot of beautiful properties in PVR and have stayed at some of them, but I feel I get the best value for my dollar at this hotel and my priorities are met. If you want to be right on the beach.....give it a try.

Room Tip: Request a Deluxe Ocean View. There is a South Wing and a North Wing. They are totally different, so you need to see both to determine which one you prefer.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dyan E
Buenaventura G, Chief Concierge at Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear Dyan E from Seattle, Washington:

Thank you for your valuable feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to the Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Spa.

It’s great to know that we were able to accomodate all your needs and have met expectarions.

Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 16 December 2013

The hotel property is not that bad, the staff is friendly for the most part except there were some inconsistencies amongst the staff. I was there on a business incentive vacation for my company and we had a large group there. As soon as we got there they are feeding myself and and my colleagues alcohol and rushing us to sign and get checked in. Flash forward to the checkout process. People in my group misplaced their hotel keys and got new ones as anyone would naturally do. The staff didn't inform us until checkout that each of those keys were $5 US dollars. We also had to pay service charges for room service which I don't mind at all. What I do mind is when my food would come 60-70 minutes after I ordered (on two occasions) when I was told on the phone that it would take 30-40 minutes. One night I had to go down and inquire where my food was and they said they never got an order. I guess I was speaking to an imaginary Mexican who answered the phone…..At least I got my food on those two occasions, albeit very late, because some of my colleagues never even got their food yet were still charged service fees. When I asked the supervisor upon checkout, her name was Alejandra, she got an attitude and referred to the fact that the $5 room key service charge was on the initial papers that we signed. Well sorry I didn't read all the fine print (who does that?!?) and not too mention you were more concerned with feeding us alcoholic drinks making us think everything is fine and dandy when they know all along that if they can squeeze more money from each of my colleagues then that helps their bottom line.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank yandre15

Dear yandre15 from Gainesville, Florida:

Thank you for posting your recent review regarding your experience in our Hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for not covering your expectations.

We do hope that we will have to opportunity to welcome you back and make your stay nothing but a pleasurable experience.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

The minute I walked through the doors I was greeted with a smile and a pina colada. The rooms were not as good as I had thought but that is really the only low point. There's three different pools, a performance every night and the food taste's great. There is so much to do and so much to see. You can lay on the beach and have drinks brought to you. The beach is really great as well! But make sure that if you're with kids there strong swimmers because the waves can get very strong at about mid-afternoon. The staff is great and always helpful. If you are with kids there's a shallower pool for smaller children and there's also kid friendly food! I would highly recommend the Buenaventura for you're next Puerto Vallarta stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Emily L

Dear Emily L from Courtenay, Canada:

Thank you for taking a moment to post your nice contribution. We are thrilled to hear that our staff took good care of you and that you enjoyed our facilities and your time here.

Looking forward to your return!

Reviewed 7 December 2013

We have just returned from a 3 week vacation at the Buenaventura Hotel. It is our third trip this year & have stayed here about 20 times. We cannot say enough about the staff at this hotel. They really do make the difference. The waiters are great-Leticia, Gus, Eric, Joel, Jorge, Isidro, Diego, Eduardo & Miguel as a bartender. We enjoy visiting with Dahlia at the egg station & she makes the best eggs however you want them. Omar the bellboy, Paloma the concierge & Fabian & his staff at the front desk are very helpful. The rooms are fine & we have always found the beds very comfortable. We have always found the maid service to be good. They often don't speak much English but try hard to please. The location of this hotel is wonderful for walking everywhere. Jorge keeps you entertained during the day & evening. We have travelled to many places & this hotel is by far our favourite. We feel the staff & location make this hotel so special to us. It really does feel like coming home for us! All staff are great-just too many to mention.

Roberta & Jim from Saskatchewan

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank 0025

Dear Guests,

We are delighted to read that you had another pleasurable stay with us and I would like to thank you for your preference and keep choosing the Buenaventura Grand as your vacation destination.

Warm words like yours make our day a day effort worthwhile. We will keep up with the good work!

Please receive kind regards from all the staff of the Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Spa.

Truly yours,

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Enjoyed our stay here. Room was quite nice, clean and comfortable (even the bed!). Staff are all doing their best to please. Pool and beach areas are lovely. Location is fantastic, maybe a three minute walk to the Malecon. PV felt very safe. We were comfortable walking all over downtown and the Romantic Zone day and night. Food in the hotel is good for hotel food, but do yourself a favor and try some of the wonderful local restaurants.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Monica R
bv_grand_hotel, Chief Concierge at Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Monica R,

Thank you for taking a moment to post your nice contribution. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Buenaventura Grand.

Looking forward to your return!