I have been on numerous AI vacations and have been in ARMY for 18 years so my tolerance level to difficult living conditions is high but for a vacation you would expect better.
I had booked a vacation with WESTJET through another agent from 17-24 MARCH 2011. The package included flight from COMOX to PUERTO VALLARTA, shuttle service, room and all inclusive for each person 1500$. We were two, my son and I. The flight was ok but ensure you bring your own food because WESTJET does not provide meals on board. All they provide are 2 servings of snacks and beverages. SUNWING and CANJET offer better flights.
The hotel only has one restaurant open at a time and we had arrived in time for dinner. It was Mexican night, which I was looking forward to. There were line ups at each dish. The food was cold and very little options. The salad, fruits and dessert we out in the open with no light nor description to actually see what was in the dish. So you were guessing on what was in your plate. The service at the table was terrible. Dishes stayed on the table for several minutes. When our order was taken for drinks, the waiter came back 30 minutes with them. I myself had time to get them and drink it before he arrived. Going to get those drinks, I realized there was only one bar in the whole place with a line up. I guess I was lucky to have found a hole to order.
All inclusive watered down local alcohol. Quality was terrible.
ROOM: 2nd floor athe the end of a hallway
As I walked into the room, I could smell the mildew. So I turned on the AC to get the air to circulate. Yeah, not too efficient. The temperature never decreased. So I guess it was just a fan. After time the smell disappeared until you turn off the AC, which the maid did the next day when making the room. As I turned down the sheets, I noticed little bugs. Yep, bed bugs. The next morning I was covered with bites. The mattress sits on a cement base. Regardless, the mattresses are old and feel the springs. A camp cot feels better. The sheets and blanket are old and not fancy. The bathroom only had a shower with no ventilation. So guess what. The room gets warmer.
A show is presented during the dinner. But afterwards nothing goes on, EXCEPT for drunken Mexicans who are staying at the hotel and go to the bars next door. So the nightlife starts at 3:00 am when they return. Screaming and playing Marco Polo in the pool. So much for security.
Well those drunk people are still at the pool but lying around sleeping on the beach chairs half dressed.
There is no beach. You can walk to one which is not far.
Not impressed of this hotel, I decided to go elsewhere. After talking to the manager who did not care I decided to contact WESTJET Vacation for a reimbursement of the hotel stay. They supposingly contacted the hotel but they did not want to reimburse. But WJ Vacation offered me and my son a 250$ credit each for a future flight with them within a year.
So if you want to go here, hope you don't have high expectations because regardless how much you pay.
Finally my vacation dramatically improved when I moved to GARZA BLANCA. That made my vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the unique charm of a real Mexican Hacienda surronded by beautiful gardens, traditional decor and perfect facilities for an unforgetable vacation. Hacienda Buenaventura Hotel & Mexican Charm represents a poignant aspect of Mexican culture and tradition and is strategically located at the center of the Puerto Vallarta Hotel Zone. We are located just 10 min. from the International Airport , the Bus Station, Convention Center and Downtown area. We are the perfect choice whether you want to relax and enjoy our facilities and beach club or enjoy everything Puerto Vallarta has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hacienda Buenaventura Hotel & Mexican Charm All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Hacienda Puerto Vallarta
- Hacienda Hotel And Spa
- Hacienda Hotel Spa Puerto Vallarta