Prior to booking I read many reviews and after our week at Hacienda, I have to say we got what we were expecting and a little more. Traveling with a group of 29, teens and adults I guess you can't expect everything to go perfectly, After we checked in, one of the couples with us had a lot of maintenance issues with their room so needed to bunk with others in our group the first night as it was Saturday night and the hotel was full, they got a new room next day. That first afternoon and evening it was so crowded and we were all so tired and with the issues our friends were having, we were dreading the next week. But with a new day a new sunrise things started to look better. A bit of detail about what I observed at the hotel. It's small but after staying a some five star hotels where you have to walk or take a shuttle from one your room to the beach or buffet, this was a nice change. The beach is not to far to walk but the doormen will usually be able to let you know how long for there shuttle to arrive for a short trip to the beach club. About the beach, it was probably what I expected to be most disappointed about but turned out to be very nice and we had lots of fun with the bartenders and beach staff and as someone said in a previous review, "the burgers were yummy" The pool could have been a little cleaner and is need of some repair as there are tiles missing and a few of our group got cuts from them. The staff at this place are amazing. From Ivan at the buffet to Oscar at the bar and especially Diego on the animation team whom we got to know during the last few days. Our family kind of adopted him and if we were every to go back, he would be the main reason. A few details about the services, firstly, be prepared to buy water, you get one bottle per person in your room but have to pay for more. the staff at the bar and buffet will fill your existing bottles though and you can buy water cheap at the grocery store next door (which is worth going to just to enjoy the air conditioning. The buffet is small but I really enjoyed most meals and they usually have theme nights as well. My daughter, who is vegetarian, was even able to find enough selections to satisfy her although she was a bit disappointed there was no guacamole, when we asked about why not even on Mexican night, Ivan our waiter went to make us some. he came back in five minutes with what was well probably as close to guacamole as he could make with what he had available. Breakfasts were quite good, the lady at the egg and omelet station always remembered what I liked. (be nice to her, it must be so hot in that little area where she works) The al a Carte was kind of a joke, we went in two groups over two nights and both times they were either out of something or the item was only for upgraded rooms. We did have fun though as the room was air conditioned and it was nice to be all together at the same table. The pool bar and beach bar were great and provided a full bar menu, except Caesars...um hello, The rooms were clean. Some are nicer than others but all decent. Not all the rooms have a safe but if you get one it's free to use and they have a hotel safe if you don't. I found the bed comfortable and had no problem sleeping. there is some traffic noise depending on your room location but our room was at the front of the hotel nearest the main road and I didn't find it a bother. Maybe a bit of a long review but I really appreciated other peoples reviews before I booked and after I arrived to help prepare us for our stay. nice not to have any surprises. Overall I would have to say I would consider returning to the Hacienda, Mainly the staff and friendly service makes this place enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the unique charm of a real Mexican Hacienda surronded by beautiful gardens, traditional decor and perfect facilities for an unforgetable vacation. Hacienda Buenaventura Hotel & Mexican Charm represents a poignant aspect of Mexican culture and tradition and is strategically located at the center of the Puerto Vallarta Hotel Zone. We are located just 10 min. from the International Airport , the Bus Station, Convention Center and Downtown area. We are the perfect choice whether you want to relax and enjoy our facilities and beach club or enjoy everything Puerto Vallarta has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Otel, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hacienda Buenaventura Hotel & Mexican Charm All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Hacienda Puerto Vallarta
- Hacienda Hotel And Spa
- Hacienda Hotel Spa Puerto Vallarta