I just spent a week at this hotel and I have to agree with a lot of the reviews I had read previous to booking my all inclusive mini vacation at the Hacienda. Most of the staff are friendly and helpful. But so are alot of Mexican people. I have been visiting various places in their beautiful country for 25 years and they have always been great hosts.
I have seen my share of world and have stayed in places ranging from 0 Star to 5 Star.
The Hacienda is in a decent location. Just a 5 minute walk to their beach club and very close to a super market. A 24 hour convenience store is also a short distance.
I really want to give the Hacienda a good review because the staff were so good, but I think they were over shadowed by the other realities of the hotel. It is and old resort and the staff do a great job with keeping it clean of course but the place is seriously lacking in simple comforts. My room was on the first floor, poolside. I would suggest asking for one anywhere BUT that location.
The Hacienda is small and only has one bar in operation currently. It is also poolside and can be obnoxiously loud until it closes a 1 am. The bar itself has only two types of beer, light and dark Tecate. The liquor is of very low quality. Everything is served in plastic cups. I found the seats and tables to be uncomfortable. The urinal in the bathroom was broken the whole week of my stay.
The pool itself is big enough but seems to have an inadequate filtration system.It is cleaned daily
but the water is murky. There are more than enough loungers.
My room was clean and basic with an old TV and a hard uncomfortable bed. There was an ample supply of soap and towels in the bathroom and plenty of hangers in the large closet.
The furniture on my balcony was wrought iron, small and again, uncomfortable. Air conditioner worked well The woman who cleaned my room daily, Maria, was very pleasant.
The main restaurant in the Hacienda is large enough and well presented. The buffet food was seriously lacking in variety over the course of my stay and was bland and always cold. With the exception of breakfast when I ate fresh, made to order omelets.
The Beach Club was an easy 5 minute walk away and offered snack and beverages until 6 pm.
There were definitely not enough beach loungers on busy sunny days. The usual vendors were many and always polite.
The Hacienda Resort and Spa has great bones but needs an upgrade. Simple things like comfortable furnishings and fixtures in the restaurant to keep the food hot. Maybe an expansion of their menu. More selection and higher quality spirits and liquor in the bar.
I still had a great mini vacation in Puerto Vallarta because the people I met and spent time with were great. Vallarta offers great restaurants, nightlife and outdoor activities. But having to leave my all inclusive resort to find tasty hot food and quality cold beer defeats the purpose.
The cost of my week for the Hacienda was not cheap. I don't feel like it was good value for the money. I have stayed in less expensive places in Mexico that were far superior. Trust me, I didn't expect 5 Star comforts from this property given it's age. They really need to try to get the little things right because all those details add up an unenjoyably experience.
Value is important and in my opinion and this resort does not offer it.
Great staff. Mediocre everything else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the unique charm of a real Mexican Hacienda surronded by beautiful gardens, traditional decor and perfect facilities for an unforgetable vacation. Hacienda Buenaventura Hotel & Mexican Charm represents a poignant aspect of Mexican culture and tradition and is strategically located at the center of the Puerto Vallarta Hotel Zone. We are located just 10 min. from the International Airport , the Bus Station, Convention Center and Downtown area. We are the perfect choice whether you want to relax and enjoy our facilities and beach club or enjoy everything Puerto Vallarta has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hacienda Buenaventura Hotel & Mexican Charm All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Hacienda Puerto Vallarta
- Hacienda Hotel And Spa
- Hacienda Hotel Spa Puerto Vallarta