“We love Playa Los Arcos” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa

Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #27 of 127 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, United States
“We love Playa Los Arcos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

We love this quaint hotel, right on the beach. Within walking distance to downtown, the markets, and night events. We have stayed here several times and will be returning soon.

Room Tip: We like the rooms on the street side with a balcony overlooking the pool. We do not use the air con...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Rita M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (500)
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

We have stayed here several times, before moving here to PV. The rooms are comfortable and clean. You absolutely cannot beat the location! You are in the heart of the Romantic zone, full of shops and restaurants. It has a fabulous pool area. And right in front of the hotel you have the Malecon and the ocean. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Puerto Vallarta. And it is also reasonable!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank ingridadan1234
california
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

Out the front lobby door and within steps you're at Andale's, Cafe de Ola, Nacho Daddy's, Panchos Tacos, OXXO Store (i.e. 7/11), a Money Exchange and Bank. Within a 100 yards, Joe Jack's Fish Shack, El Torito, Freddy Tucan, the Roxy, Metamorphisis, etc.
Thru the pool area and onto the strand my favorite daytime bar Cuates y Cuetas is 50 paces away.
Convenience & location - gotta luv it.
Rooms a little small - but, best Mexican bed I've slept in. Besides - you're not in Old Town to stay in a room.
Staff had a laid back vibe - really appreciated that!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank MrVisitsMexicoOften
Bend, oregon, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

Good location, mediocre hotel with tiny rooms. For one night was good, would not stay longer.

Room Tip: Try to get room away from the street
2 Thank sanderson3
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

I loved this hotel...this is my second visit to Puerto Vallarta but I definitely enjoyed this stay much more. The hotel is decorated beautifully and I took advantage of the pools and jacuzzi but Ofcourse the beach is less than a minute away! The popular Malecon boardwalk is about a 10 min walk so there's no need to worry about parking or any transportation...Location is key with this hotel. It's located in the romantic zone which is the older side of Puerto Vallarta. The staff is friendly and the rooms are cleaned daily. The time I went was not tourist season so I didn't experience the hordes of people that I imagine gather during spring break and so I imagine I could have had a different experience buti enjoyed the time I spent there.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank luv2bme
Ventura
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

While the facility is aging a little, we always have a great time there and have never been disappointed with the rooms. My wife and I are both retired professionals and frequently stay at up-market hotels, but we definitely prefer PLA while in PV.
This is important: If you like to be lavished in luxury and constantly waited upon in quiet, pieceful surroundings, this is not the place for you. If, however, you don't mind constant activity around you and enjoy meeting Mexican, Canadian and American travelers, give it a try.

Room Tip: When traveling anywhere, always inspect your room upon arrival. If there's something you don...
2 Thank William930
Sandy, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

I want to put it out there that my wedding at the Playa Los Arcos was AMAZING!!! I had so many people tell me that I would probably be a nervous wreck on my wedding day making sure everything went perfectly, well........... I wasn't!!!! Rogelio who helped me in planning my wedding was PERFECTO!!! I was so relaxed that I really got to enjoy my wedding and everyone that joined us. It was 100 times more beautiful than I had even imagined! I can't even put it into words!! Rogelio made my dreams come true right down to the minor little details! And all of it was at a very reasonable price too! I would recommend this place to everyone and we will FOR SURE be going back!! The hotel was gorgeous the beach was right there and the staff was amazing! Did I mention Rogelio?!?! I love him!! Old Puerto Vallarta was very comfortable and everything was in reasonable walking distance. I have thought about it everyday since we have been home! Thank you Playa Los Arcos for the best time a Bride could ever ask for!! Oh, I guess the groom enjoyed himself too.... :o)

4 Thank Mindi W