“STOLEN CREDIT CARD INFO! A VOID THESE LOSERS!!”
Review of El Faro Lighthouse

El Faro Lighthouse
More attraction details
Owner description: This 110-foot high lighthouse is Marina Vallartas landmark and features a circular lounge with live music at the top.
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Wish I would've seen these reviews before I used my card. My friends have been here numerous times and suggested this place. We tried to pay the tab with a card and waited 15 minutes for the transaction to be completed. They told us they had "a problem with the machine." I had a bad feeling and we ended up paying cash.

I went there on August 8th and was alerted today, August 11th, that someone charged $1100 on my account; Costco, etc.

***This is the only place I tried to use my credit card in Mexico.

24  Thank Jennifer M

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Went here last week for an after dinner drink and to see the view. It was a very very costly drink for my sister. She ordered 2 drinks from the bar and stood for at least 6 minutes at the bar waiting on the bar man to return back to her with her debit/credit card. At the time we though it very very odd but didn't think too much more about it. We returned home 2 days later only to find out that well over $5000 US was charged to Home Depot, a gas station and a few other stores in PVR. My sisters bank account was left in the negative!!! Looked back over receipts from the trip and El Faro was the only place she used that debit/credit card. What a truly terrible thing that the bar man did. Have read the other reviews on here and there seems to be a trend at El Faro with stealing credit card information. Do yourself a favor and just do not go there. Yes, the view is nice but pay cash or DO NOT GO AT ALL!!!

22  Thank Wileman1
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Came here for late night drinks with friends. Amazing view! Very neat setting for a bar. Great service :)

4  Thank smmcd7
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My parents and I went here for drinks the first week of Feb. 2014. Fantastic view of the sun setting. Drinks were good as well. Definitely recommend this bar to watch the sunset.

BUT NOTE THIS WARNING: DO NOT USE YOUR CREDIT CARD HERE. My father used his Visa to pay the tab. It was the only time he used his Visa the entire time we were in Mexico. The other times he used a credit card he used his AMEX. The next day, someone tried to rack up about US$7000 worth of charges in six different transactions around PV. The credit card company let three charges through then rejected the next four and emailed my parents with a fraud alert. It was obviously a waiter or management at this bar since that was the only time my dad used this card in Mexico. If you read other reviews on here (which we did not before we went there), you'll see that this seems to be a recurring theme at El Faro -- there are several complaints that customers have used credit cards here and then been alerted to fraudulent charges.

So you have been warned. Go there. Get a drink and watch the sunset. BUT PAY CASH.

12  Thank CMJEsq
Reviewed 4 February 2014

El Faro Lighthouse Bar is the only place I used my VISA credit card in Puerto Vallarta on 2/1/14. Two days later 2/3/14, Visa called me and told me that someone was trying to make 6 new charges on my card at Telcel Galerias ($1045.92USD) on 2/3/14, Telcel Galerias USD ($916.94) on 2/3/14, Liverpool Vallarta ($739.63 USD) on 2/3/14, Liverpool Vallarta ($768.10 USD) on 2/3/14, and Far Guad ($1063.54 USD) on 2/3/14. From several previous TripAdvisor comments in 2013, credit card fraud appears to be an ongoing pattern at this lighthouse bar. DO NOT USE A CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD HERE.

11  Thank exGerber