“Nice vacation”

Ranked #31 of 126 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
San Diego, California
“Nice vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

I've stayed here for 6 nights and I loved it. Comfy beds, awesome view, nice pool, very good restaurants in the hotel. The hotel needs to get renovated but for most part it didn't bother me at all. Loved the jaccuzi in my balcony. will definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Erik67ir
Gabriela B, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience in our hotel. We are delight it to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to see you soon in your home in Puerto Vallarta, The Westin Resort & Spa

Cordially,

Gerente General

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
  • Greek first
Brentwood, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

Our stay was just okay. We stayed the week after Thanksgiving and the hotel was just coming off of 100% occupancy. Now they were at 25% occupancy. I would have expected better service given it was so much slower but I did not find the staff to be that attentive. For one day we rented a pergola on the beach and we never saw our “attentive service”. In fact, our server helped set us up, then never came back until she told us she was going on lunch for an hour. Then we never saw her again. We had to flag down the bar server to get our lunch order. On another morning, we started our day at the beach and a server never came out. At around noon we went to the pool instead. Also, we were told as a starwood member we would get 10% off our bill which didn’t happen most of the time. I let it go most of the time but found this a little annoying especially since you are billed so much for everything already (nominal room upgrade charge which should have just been free in my opinion since there is only 25% occupancy and I am a starwood member, the water float (like you buy at target), the late checkout charge (again when only 25% occupancy), etc.)

Another point that was rather annoying to me was the music in the resort/pool. I would prefer Mexican/Spanish music since we are in Mexico and even if not that, maybe something more current. The music was like easy rock from the 60's and 70's. Think Love Boat. We were told it was supposed to be relaxing. I found it boring and took to downloading my own music to listen to. I prefer something more upbeat and resort-like. I really think this hotel should reconsider the playlist (or at least mix it up a little bit). Probably would get more people ordering drinks and hanging out longer (just my opinion).

So, in summary, our stay was just okay. The hotel was nice and clean, but a little dated. View from our full ocean view room was beautiful. Service was just okay but much less than I had expected for Mexico. We will probably not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Full ocean view rooms have a beautiful view with a warm sunny balcony in the morning to enjoy your c...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Angela S
Dear guest,

First of all I would like to apologize for the inconvenience during your stay in our hotel. Your feedback is very valuable and important to us in order to improve our services.
We definitely work on those issues and hope to have the opportunity to show you the difference.

My very best regards

Eduardo ballesteros
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 7 nights. I had a wonderful experience. I personally dealt with Angel and Josefina. Angel works in the Royal Beach Club. He always had a smile on his face. I liked the fact that he called me by name and remembered each day what drink I liked. Josefina works at the front desk. She is a very helpful lady. She always said hello as she saw me leaving for the day.

The pool was never crowded. The water in the pool is very refreshing. The water by the beach was very warm. There were plenty of chairs by the beach.

tips - Ask for a higher floor. The marina is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel. Beware there are timeshare people in the marina and on the walk to the marina.

I would come back,

I had a bit of confusion on my first night for the green choice problem. The card you hang on the door does not it is not applicable for the 1st night. I found this out from the front desk. This should be looked into by the Westin.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank karol452
Gabriela B, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Dear Guest,

We are enchanted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our Royal Beach Club is an excellent option to have a memorable experience.

We are very proud of Angel and Josefina, feel sure that we will share your comments withboth and recognize their effort.

We are looking forward to have you back soon!

Guadalajara, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

This is just the perfect service, hotel and location. I adored staying here since the service was great and the room was just perfect, I slept like a baby and enjoyed their pool area. Everywhere you sit, you are comfortable and you get to relax like you should when you go on a vacation.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Michelle G
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments, it is great to know you enjoyed your stay in The Westin Resort & Spa Puerto Vallarta.

Definitely we are happy to know you lived a renewed and special stay with us, and look forward to your preference and have the opportunity to offer you more memorable experiences.

We wish to receive you as our guest soon!

Malibu, California, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

My wife and I recently moved back to California and this was our first trip to Mexico. We were hesitant given that we had a bad experience in Punta Cana. The Westin PV is amazing! The staff was very friendly, and even upgraded us to a suite for our entire trip.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shaffiqr
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at The Westin Resort & Spa Puerto Vallarta.

It is great to know that you spend a very good time at one of our suites which has an spectacular view of the bay.

Once again, thank you for all your comments and hope to see you soon!

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

As usual, the service was very good. I am so glad that all of the employees are friendly and helpful year after year. I never worry about not having a good time when I go to the Westin in PV. The pool area is always well kept and clean. The lounge chairs are very comfy and I can instantly feel relaxed and unstressed as soon as I lay down by the pool. The Bloody Mary I always get in the morning just sends me to heaven.

The rooms I have been given are always very good and I have never been given cause to complain. I especially love the showers! People who expect 5 star luxuries will be disappointed though, and I think it's unfair to expect that here. If travelers are looking for the very best of all things, they should be looking at the St. Regis instead.

The food is decent but some of the items, like the quesadilla, were a bit on the bland side. But I have been hoping for higher quality and smaller portions just about everywhere.

This resort is very good and it is priced appropriately. It's in a nice location if you want something quiet and away from El Centro. You can still walk around the marina for shops and restaurants though. The service is friendly and it's the perfect spot for me when I just want to relax. I always look forward to my next stay here.

Room Tip: I recommend booking on Starwood.com and getting the Power Up package. This includes breakfast and fr...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank John P
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your preference at The Westin Resort & Spa Puerto Vallarta.

We are pleased to read your feedback and know that you really spend a very good time at our property.

We wish to receive you back soon in Puerto Vallarta.

Cordially,

Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

We have stayed here for over 20 years.They constantly upgrade the hotel and the renovations to the lobby area this year was outstanding.From Pedro out front to Jesus in the bar everyone there are always friendly and helpful.Lettie,Josaphena.to Angel upstairs they always make our stay there great.The rooms are always clean and the grounds are always perfect.See you soon guys.C

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank charles d
Dear guest:

We would like specially like to thank your loyalty for choosing once again The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta as your home away from home and look forward to showing you, as every year, our commitment to quality service.

We are very proud of the work performed by our staff, which offer memorable experiences to our guest.

GErente General