We just got back from a nice 5 day break at the Westin. The hotel is "Modern Mexican" in style so has a charm and charisma about it.
The entrance lobby is welcoming and airy and the reception desks and concierge are well manned. Our checkin was very quick and the room was ready for us upon arrival meaning we could dump the bags in the room and head straight to the pool, unpacking can happen later!
We have stayed at this hotel previously and were put off by some of the negative comments written about it on TA.
We opted for the breakfast included option which was excellent and ate around the pool most lunchtimes. The prices were cheaper than what i had expected so that was a nice surprise.
We ate in the hotel a couple of nights and out at the marina the others. The marina is close enough to walk and very safe with great views of the boats and plenty of dining choices. We were fortunate enough to see a crocodile on the last night.
Travelling with young kids we didn't need to head downtown at all.
The pools are big enough and the kids pool has plenty of shaded areas so you can get in with babies and not be too exposed to the sun.
The other (bigger) pool was pretty quiet and it was possible to get some laps done (if that is your thing) early morning around 9am when no one else was around.
The waiting staff were ok and Manuel who ran the activities kept us entertained with bingo, volleyball etc.
Another thing to add is that there is an OXXO mini mart opposite the hotel so you can top up on water, cokes, sweets, creams, chips etc and bring them to the hotel, in fact quite a few people had coolers with soft drinks and beers around the pool and on the beach.
We would definitely return to the Westin however one thing that the management need to sort out is the lack of baby cots. We had to wait until the 3rd night before they gave us one which is appalling! They said this was due to an unexpected high number of families arriving - what do they expect when its high season over Easter???
All in all and despite the cot issues we had a great time and hope too get back soon.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Resort And Spa Puerto Vallarta
- Westin Resort & Spa Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Westin Puerto Vallarta
- Westin Regina Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Westin
- Westin Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Westin Resort Puerto Vallarta